• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

R12: Waratahs vs Rebels - Saturday 13 May

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Rebels should win this by 14
The Rebels attack well but can they play the full 80? If the Tahs can hold the ball for more than 3 phases in contact, we are a chance. Along with getting the ball wide to the wings and getting the ball to Jorgensen. Not sure if Coleman’s insistence of kicking ball down field and getting forwards hitting it up off Jake is working . Especially when the forwards lose ball in contact regularly. Do love the way the Rebels have been playing this year and they are definitely capable of winning.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Rebels attack well but can they play the full 80? If the Tahs can hold the ball for more than 3 phases in contact, we are a chance. Along with getting the ball wide to the wings and getting the ball to Jorgensen. Not sure if Coleman’s insistence of kicking ball down field and getting forwards hitting it up off Jake is working . Especially when the forwards lose ball in contact regularly. Do love the way the Rebels have been playing this year and they are definitely capable of winning.
Played the full 80 against the Brumbies. Getting players back so the bench depth is also getting better

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Would surprise me in such an important game. I see the Crusaders away as the obvious one for a rest as shit as that is for people buying tickets in Christchurch.

Any one of them might have a niggle as well. Hopefully Holz is back. The others have done well but I'm sure could do with some minutes off the field. Botha has been performing well for a rookie.

Team list usually today? Hopefully Hanigan is ok. Seems bad that they interviewed him after that match and he seemed fine and since has been out for a month? I know the late onset is common but to then be out for this long is a concern.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Botha has been named for Uni and Holz hasn't been named for Easts so that points towards Holz being back on the bench.

I think Botha has been good though. Really promising addition to the squad.

Hopefully Nephi Leatigaga plays a bit better than he has. He gave away a couple of lazy penalties last week and so far hasn't really looked that great at scrum time whcih was meant to be a strength of his.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1683771126632.png

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Players unavailable for selection: Angus Bell – Toe (Season) Ned Hanigan – Concussion (Round 13+) Nemani Nadolo – Knee (Round 13+) Taleni Seu – Shoulder (Round 13 Tane Edmed – Back (Round 13+) Tom Lambert – Knee (Round 13+) Will Harrison - ACL (Season) Zac Von Appen - TBC Zane Marolt – Fractured cheek bone (Season)

Still no Hanigan is concerning, usually these delayed concussion returns end up being 10+ weeks.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Worrying that Hanigan is still struggling with the concussion.

Ola Tauelangi a chance to debut off the bench. I don't know a lot about him but he's apparently been a consistent performer for Gordon.

Good to see Archer Holz back.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Melbourne Rebels Match Day 23 vs NSW Waratahs

1. Matt Gibbon

2. Jordan Uelese

3. Sam Talakai

4. Josh Canham

5. Trevor Hosea

6. Vaiolini Ekuasi

7. Brad Wilkin (C)

8. Richard Hardwick

9. Ryan Louwrens

10. Carter Gordon

11. Monty Ioane

12. David Feliuai

13. Reece Hodge (VC)

14. Lachie Anderson

15. Andrew Kellaway

16. Alex Mafi

17. Cabous Eloff

18. Pone Fa’amausili

19. Tim Cardall

20. Tamati Ioane

21. James Tuttle

22. Stacey Ili

23. Joe Pincus

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Shame that Philip or Leota aren't back yet. Leaving any Wallabies run very late. Beyond them, good to see Wilkin fit and Canham in the lineout, him and Hosea should have the wood over the Waratahs pygmy pretend locks.

Kemeny out leaves a pretty tasty backrow with Ekuasi at 6. Rebels by 12.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
No Hanigan still.....

Ola Tauelangi to debut. Congrats to him. Been playing some good footy and one DC would know about coming out of Gordon. Getting thin across 4,5,6,8.
Getting very thin - but that's probably been the sticking point of the last three seasons at least

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Rebel's bench looks a lot stronger than the Tahs. Gamble probably the only Tahs reserve I'd take over their Rebels counterparts.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rebel's bench looks a lot stronger than the Tahs. Gamble probably the only Tahs reserve I'd take over their Rebels counterparts.
Tahs 21-23 are better imo. Tahs tight 5 need to really step up this week (they did v Reds but Rebels T5 much better than Reds...)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I am not yet sold one iota on Teddy Wilson. I reckon Tuttle has it all over him for experience, game management and skills.

Joe Walton is a skilful player but still getting over long term injuries imo. I would take Ili over him in the blink of an eye atm.

Can't say that I've been impressed with Harry Wilson either up til now. The better player might depend on the position they are required to fill. Pincus has had some standout games at 15. Wilson probably better in the centres.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I am not yet sold one iota on Teddy Wilson. I reckon Tuttle has it all over him for experience, game management and skills.

Joe Walton is a skilful player but still getting over long term injuries imo. I would take Ili over him in the blink of an eye atm.

Can't say that I've been impressed with Harry Wilson either up til now. The better player might depend on the position they are required to fill. Pincus has had some standout games at 15. Wilson probably better in the centres.

Tuttle has it all over Louwrens but still has to come off the bench every week

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Getting very thin - but that's probably been the sticking point of the last three seasons at least
Remember when the season began we were supposed to have too many backrowers and fly halves! Well, that proved to be an absolute crock.

There are four players from Qwerty's list who have a "+" beside their names. All of them now have had their due dates extended from the original and can therefore be considered extremely doubtful for next week too. Maybe we'll get them back for the Crusaders, in time to rest some of the other players who should be rested before the finals. People like Johnson-Holmes, Holloway and Gordon have played a lot of hard minutes this campaign. Apparently Taleni Seu is back next week. For my money he is as important as Gleeson, a big boppa with rugby smarts His twirl and spin to score was a move of absolute beauty, though I doubt the Reds would agree.

There's no mention of Tuipolotu on the injured list or in the reserves. Given how well he played early in the season, I do hope this is not a sign he's Scotland bound or worse, back to the Rebels. He looked to have huge potential.

For both sides this is a must-win game and I expect it to be pretty close. I'll be shocked if it blows out either way.