• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland U16 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fourgreatkids

there is a 2nd queensland team as well, michael gilbert has been playing 6 all year an should look to retain his spot, as he has done all season. phoenix needs to learn his stuff as well as seb playing firsts on the weekend against bgs

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah that was surprising when i watched ACGS vs NC .... i think that is because digger is a 7 where as Georgiou is more of a 4,5,6,8... and I ddint realise Gunn started against Tss but he is a solid player.. but fitness and smarts around the park let him down at times

I wasn't watching Gunn closely enough in the TSS match, all im aware of is that he got knocked clean out in the first half. Regardless, he must be doing the right things to get a start in a pretty strong team

M

mpete151

Michael Siaki should be starting 9 if his is back from his injury in time and are there any decent half backs in aic

D

drewpayne

1. Daniel Anea (NC)
2. Thomas Mellor (GT)
3. Benroy Sala (BSHS)
4. Adam Korczyk (BSHS)
5. Dan Preene (IGS)
6. Henry Fitzgerald (NC)
7. Xavier Power (GT)
8. Dylan Sikimeti (NC)
9. Undecided
10. James Dalgliesh (GT)
11. Alex West (ACGS)
12. Jack Tuttle (NC)
13. Josh L'hota (BSHS)
14. Will Shipperly (NC)
15.Thomas Given (GT)

F

fourgreatkids

1. Daniel Anea (NC)
2. Thomas Mellor (GT)
3. Benroy Sala (BSHS)
4. Adam Korczyk (BSHS)
5. Dan Preene (IGS)
6. Henry Fitzgerald (NC)
7. Xavier Power (GT)
8. Dylan Sikimeti (NC)
9. Undecided
10. James Dalgliesh (GT)
11. Alex West (ACGS)
12. Jack Tuttle (NC)
13. Josh L'hota (BSHS)
14. Will Shipperly (NC)
15.Thomas Given (GT)

really? mellor is unfit as hooker and there are a far better breed going around, dylan sikimeti is out for the season but would have him there if available, henry fitzgerald should not be outta position and should play at 7, xav power is far too small and this korczyk guy, is he new to BSHS? also logan tibbets could get a run, would look at Al Harper, Michael Gilbert BGS, Latham Takua IGS, Patty James Reid foran, just some suggestions

C

classicgold

James dalgleish played 12 against nudgee in 16's, was at BSHS v GT game for the 16a's, lachy orouke was playing 10, i was at the bshs game vs gt and he had a excellent game with many try saving tackles, set up 1 for gt and looked a level above the rest of the gt backs, he would deffinetly have a good shot at the queensland over james dalgleish, jack martin would have to be a shot for 9 as in qld team for 2010 and benroy had another consistent good game

F

fourgreatkids

lochey orouke is firey though and can loose his composure under pressre. paddy james played 1sts against churchie and southport didnt look ouuta place. also James tuttle ( jacks brother) could be chance at flyhalf, bout as good as jack just not as big

D

dleezy02

1. Daniel Anae
2. Rob Lawless
3. Benroy Sala
4. Daniel Preen
5. Adam Korczyk
6. Henry Fitzgerald
7. Brad Wilikin
8. Michael Gunn
9. Jack Martin
10. James Dalgleish/Mitch Thirdd
11. Will Shipperley
12. Jack Tuttle
13. Landon Hayes
14. Alex West/Logan Tibbetts
15. Reid Foran/Logan Tibbetts/Mitch Thirdd

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
there is also a boy from rockhampton called duncan paiaaua who played u16 qld 2 last year aswell as playing u15 australian rugby league for five eighth probably most eligible for the position

C

classicgold

my team would be
1. Daniel Anae - (NC)
2. Dimitri Lourakas/Thomas Melor - (BSHS/GT)
3. Benroy Sala - BSHS
4. Adam Korczyk - (BSHS)
5. Dan Preene - (IGS)
6. Henry Fitzgerald - (NC)
7. Xavier Power/Michael Gunn - (GT/ACGS)
8. Latham Takau - (IGS)
9. Jack Martin - (BSHS)
10. Lochey O'Rourke - (GT)
11. Alex West/Monty Iona - (both ACGS)
12. Jack Tuttle - (NC) possibley a shot for australian schoolboys opens
13. Jack Heenan - (GT)
14. Will Shipperley/Josh Lohota - (NC/BSHS)
15. Mitch Third/Thomas given - (TSS/GT)

D

drewpayne

that is truee, but I do believe he has steped up this year as he has started off in the firsts most games. Adam Korczyk has been at state high for abit now, and hes a good strong player.

D

dleezy02

been at state high since yr 8
quality player with uncanny resemblance to curtis browning, both stature and playing style although korczyk more of an aggresive player
that is truee, but I do believe he has steped up this year as he has started off in the firsts most games. Adam Korczyk has been at state high for abit now, and hes a good strong player.

H

hatman

my team would be
1. Daniel Anae - (NC)
2. Dimitri Lourakas/Thomas Melor - (BSHS/GT)
3. Benroy Sala - BSHS
4. Adam Korczyk - (BSHS)
5. Dan Preene - (IGS)
6. Henry Fitzgerald - (NC)
7. Xavier Power/Michael Gunn - (GT/ACGS)
8. Latham Takau - (IGS)
9. Jack Martin - (BSHS)
10. Lochey O'Rourke - (GT)
11. Alex West/Monty Iona - (both ACGS)
12. Jack Tuttle - (NC) possibley a shot for australian schoolboys opens
13. Jack Heenan - (GT)
14. Will Shipperley/Josh Lohota - (NC/BSHS)
15. Mitch Third/Thomas given - (TSS/GT)

Really? 5 GT players? Why not the whole GT team? GT under 16A have drawn 1 game & lost 4. Notice you have 2 Churches players - Churchie hasn't lost a game & have players in 1sts.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
notice every school has u16s in the 1st XV... once again, stop with the bias its ruining the thread

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Also like to point out that GT is last in Opens and 2nd last in u16, not only that the school is under enormous pressure to perform due to the number of consecutive loses and the low standard they are playing at.

GT will be lucky to get 2 players in the team, let alone 5. Stop trying to provoke reactions and come back to reality, no one appreciates self promotion or bias speculation on these types of things.

N

NCjackT

Really? 5 GT players? Why not the whole GT team? GT under 16A have drawn 1 game & lost 4. Notice you have 2 Churches players - Churchie hasn't lost a game & have players in 1sts.

I have to agree, mellor and Tom given are not up to this level, I think the other three are right in the mix and are some of the best players I have played against in any school or club, the 10-12 combo have some history dating back to u12s and many rep teams together, probably a good combo as they know eachothers gameplay so well and are both individually great players.

also the forward pack looks like a bshs/nc domination as I agree with, aic may have 1 or 2 players but are not the same level as gps evident in many trial games

Status
Not open for further replies.