• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds V Chiefs 2011R18

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Who is left for the Reds.

11. Shipperley
12. Tapuai
13. Chambers
14. Davies
15. Jono Lance

???

Jeez, that backline might get the win in Hamilton (if we are precariously lucky). But unfortunately we can't win the comp with it, get healthy soon boys!!!

Ant is the critical injury for me, and of course diggers.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
They reckon Davies might be alright to play, and we will find out about Digby tomorow.

Harris will probably be ready for the finals. I'm pretty sure Fainga'a and Lucas are very slim chances of returning

T

tranquility

The only one who is a chance for this week is Davies, the rest are all maybes for week 2 of the finals. Not looking good

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Harris tweeted that he should be alright for the Finals.

If anyone has any news on Hynes whatsoever, please share?

As you said Tranq, with this backline injuries we can't win the comp. But with Quade and Genia running the show, you never know. If digby is available (as he should be) I think that's all we need attacking wise. Lance did a great job filling Lucas's shoes, so I have no complaints there. Chambers still worries me in defence though

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i hate to say it, but the reds dont have the forward pack to not have a backline>they have been found out hard the last 2 weeks especially with robinson out
relying on genia and cooper ur kidding yourselves
godspeed boys

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
the breakdown is going to be interesting. are messem, latimer and waldrom all fit?

i think trying to replace robinson with another 'genuine fetcher' hasn't worked and the reds should start shatz with gill on the bench.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
id even try horwill at 7 > looked like he had the enthusiasm for it when he trialled 6 las year
less of a fetcher but i recon he'd bring enough to the position in other areas> gill and shatz havnt done it for me yet
hows van the man for a run? have they enough locks for this

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I saw Hynes last weekend before the game. He said knee was coming along ok but still had a decent limp on him. I doubt he'll be back this week, if at all actually.

If he gets fit, he won't have played any rugby for 4 months which is a long time out. I would have no problem if Steve Kefu got a bench spot this weekend as a one-off. It is pretty desperate times now.

Who knows, maybe all this Volcanic ash will cause the whole match to be called off and we'll pick up the 2 points required without even stepping on to the field....

T

tranquility

id even try horwill at 7 > looked like he had the enthusiasm for it when he trialled 6 las year
less of a fetcher but i recon he'd bring enough to the position in other areas> gill and shatz havnt done it for me yet
hows van the man for a run? have they enough locks for this

I never like to be rude, but Horwill at 7 is not even an option. I truly think that with Beau injured, Gill is the best choice. The reds always struggle against the force because of their pack mentality, but in all honesty I have no problem with our pack. We also have very good depth, with blokes like Hanson, AWH, Holmes and Shatzy coming off the bench. So it does not bother me at all that we have to rely on our pack until the re-reinforcements arrive.

Chambers is a massive concern at 13.

Ant and Digby are needed badly. Why don't we all meet up during the week and have a group prayer??

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i dont doubt the kids enthusiasm but gills been bullied in every game hes played> a backrow of higgers, samo and horwill would be very physical> very saffa like in style
against messam and friends gill is in for a torrid night>
id prefer horwill at 6 considering the injuries but i dont think higgers has the work rate for 7
jeesh the reds forwards have looked a lot poorer without robinson

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Just like to point out that part of Gill's arrangement to come back from U20's was that he Had to be starting.
Keep in mind he was up against David Pocock, I can't imagine Latimer being that much of a challenge

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I couldn't see Link not playing Gill, I think Higgers has to step up his work rate and help the kid a bit more.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You never know with the Chiefs. Them being our opposition this week is kind of a stroke of good luck. I think our forwards are more than up too the challenge of this one. We just need to grind this one out up front and be on the ball for 80 minutes or else we will be punished. Under pressure the Chiefs are a side that can easily hang themselves. This one is about defence and nothing particually creative. 5:2 Split on the bench please.

The big concern is the Chiefs lifting as it is Mils final game and putting on a real show.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe the Reds should roll out the gameplan they used last year. It was very effective and didn't rely on the backs too heavily, considering they're depleted at the moment this would be worth a go.

Gagger made this video about it last year

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm biased but I think this one as Cheifs win all over it. If this was a kiwi team at the top of the conference, then I would even be more sure.

there's no arguments really that man on man, the Reds are the much better side. But Messam has been playing out of skin recently in a follow me Phil Waugh type way, Kahui (if fit) is pure class and Masaga has been on fire too. We've also had a decent scrum of late too with Ben May et al.

If we don't try tooo much stupid stuff (a massive massive if that one - this is the chiefs), I'll be pretty confident of us taking the points here.

Status
Not open for further replies.