• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
2009 Giteau would be good.

Scotty, how about McCabe to 10? :fishing

I was one of the biggest detractors of Gits before he was dumped - now I'm not so sure. I love my analogies, and I got to thinking that, well maybe the relationship with the Giteau haters (ie me, and maybe Deans et al) and Gits is kind of like an ex-girlfriend situation.

When you kick her butt to the kerb you can only see the bad. The fact that she was a selfish lover and always tried to get between you and your mates. You're newly single and you notice that there are tons of quality replacements out there and go and try a few, hell you try all of them, in all positions. But after a while, you hit a dry spell. Where did all the quality go? The loathing subsides and you begin to remember the good times. Wants give way to necessity and you start to think that maybe she wasn't that selfish in bed, and maybe things are different now - you've got a few new mates and she might like them? Surely it wasn't that bad? Fast forward. You're sitting in a bar, it's 3am. You're drunk and lonely with phone in hand...

In the harsh light of day, I know we can never go back. We gotta put the phone away.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Not particularly disposed to Berrick at 10. Some time ago I would have preferred Beale but not now (for many reasons already posted). Harris I think is a long way behind Berrick and just not worth the risk. As long as Berrick only runs on his stumps and passes the ball without shitty kicks I will be OK with that.

I get nervous whenever KB (Kurtley Beale) and the ball occupy the same area on the field!!

As I've previously stated (repeatedly), I'm happy to see Mike Harris in the 22.

W

What2040

I get nervous whenever KB (Kurtley Beale) and the ball occupy the same area on the field!!

As I've previously stated (repeatedly), I'm happy to see Mike Harris in the 22.

Absolutely - recently KB (Kurtley Beale) and the ball are not as one - he drops it or kicks the thing - KB (Kurtley Beale) is a much better footballer when he keeps the ball in hand

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Absolutely - recently KB (Kurtley Beale) and the ball are not as one - he drops it or kicks the thing - KB (Kurtley Beale) is a much better footballer when he keeps the ball in hand

What2040, I've come up with a solution,with which I hope you will concur: whenever it looks as though the ball will be passed or kicked to Kurtley, that a deflated ball be substituted for the match ball, thus preventing him dropping it, and making it impossible for him to kick! Problem solved!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Beale at 10 sounds like a hell of a risk to me. Maybe I am biased in that I much prefer a 10 to be sound first and dynamic second, but I would go back to Barnes. He isn't a perfect option but at the end of the day he has played enough there to get the job done. Just tell him to put his silly little kicks away.

Is it wrong to say that there might be an issue with the preparation/physio that these guys are getting? There is an enormous number of Aussie players out injured at the moment. Too many for it to be all bad luck?

Hmmmmm it takes someone from the opposition camp to see the real problem!

DamO, some months ago I quoted a mate of mine who is a the 'top of the tree' in the Gold Coast "body-repair industry", who said all the ARUs physios should be sacked and replaced with osteopaths for a more wholistic and comprehensive approach to injured players recovery programs.

I copped abuse from the (so-called medical experts on this forum), who accused me of suggesting "faith-healing", "the laying on of hands", and even "voodooism"!!

We now have a plethora of highly-paid players who are on "long-service leave", (a.k.a "compo"), and the list keeps growing!

To those knockers, (you know who you are), "please explain"!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Got to say I love a good Oesteopath. But some of the stuff they believe is out there. Way out there. But their holistic approach has merit.

W

What2040

maybe we should employ some Phillipino Faith Healers to get rid of the chicken livers

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Live from hospital, Quade just tweeted this..

Surgery has just been cancelled as I have a cut "ruck mark" from the weekends game. It will be postponed for another week to 10 days..

Could be a setback in getting ready for the spring tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.