• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Quade is out for the rest of the year after suffering a knee injury on the same knee that was injured at the RWC.

It will need a clean out and could be a chance for the Spring tour.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Lol. Well... I suppose he wasn't played all that well anyway, but there was always the potential that he would eventually. Is JO'C back by the Saffer game?

Guess the obvious only choice is Barnes to 10 and Beale to 15.

HOWEVER, since the Douglas and Shipperly debuts have gone pretty well (not saying they were world beaters, but they were decent and better for the experiance) I'd love to see some more creativity.

Why not Cummins or Inman to 13 and Ashley-Cooper to 15? I'd like to see that.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Jesus. Devastating news for Cooper. The poor bastard. It really does make you wonder about rehab and conditioning in Australian rugby, given the enormous number of re-injuries and setbacks.

As for the response, moving AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the last thing we need to do. I'd prefer to see Kurtley come in at 10. I know his form isn't good, but we can't keep shuffling the back line. I'd be almost as happy with Barnes at 10 and Beale at 15, but neither has played well in those positions lately and KB (Kurtley Beale) was terrific for the Rebels at 10 this year. Before he got fat. Urgh. Now I'm just depressing myself.

The game in Argentina is increasingly dangerous.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Jesus. Devastating news for Cooper. The poor bastard. It really does make you wonder about rehab and conditioning in Australian rugby, given the enormous number of re-injuries and setbacks.

As for the response, moving AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the last thing we need to do. I'd prefer to see Kurtley come in at 10. I know his form isn't good, but we can't keep shuffling the back line. I'd be almost as happy with Barnes at 10 and Beale at 15, but neither has played well in those positions lately and KB (Kurtley Beale) was terrific for the Rebels at 10 this year. Before he got fat. Urgh. Now I'm just depressing myself.

The game in Argentina is increasingly dangerous.
Deans will do nothing else but Barnes at 10.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So does anyone really wany Beale to 10? Barnes 10 and Beale 15 with McCabe and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in centres seems the likely shoice to me

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Deans will do nothing else but Barnes at 10.

So does anyone really wany Beale to 10? Barnes 10 and Beale 15 with McCabe and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in centres seems the likely shoice to me

I think it's the likely choice too. But I'd prefer to see Beale at 10 -- we're a bigger threat to score tries that way and God knows we could use some try scoring.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So one minute everyone says Beale should be dropped back to club rugby, next everyone thinks he is now our first choice 10...
I saw the signpost for "First Choice Players" a while back, with a bunch of crocked fellas waiting for the bus. I don't think Kurtley was among them.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I have always advocated for Beale at 10 but I hate doing it like this. I'd love to see him given the 10 jersey at the Rebels for 2013 and then brought into the Wallabies.

In saying that, if his head ain't right....he'll be a total disaster

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Quade is out for the rest of the year after suffering a knee injury on the same knee that was injured at the RWC.

It will need a clean out and could be a chance for the Spring tour.

Quade tweeted that he will miss the next 4 weeks of games. So wouldn't that mean he's good to go for the EOYT? Or does it start sooner than I thought it would?

W

What2040

I mean surley Barnes to fly half is the only sensible option. Beale has done nothing to warrant a starting spot at fullback let alone fly half.

Tiger agree completely - would go further that Beale's performances recently show he shouldn't even be in the 22. Give another young bloke a shot, a motivated and fit player who WANTS to EARN and desperately PASSIONATELY wear a Wallaby jersey

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Quade tweeted that he will miss the next 4 weeks of games. So wouldn't that mean he's good to go for the EOYT? Or does it start sooner than I thought it would?

He could be right to go for the EOYT but being the same knee and with the Lions series here next year I would think they would err on the side of caution.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Tiger agree completely - would go further that Beale's performances recently show he shouldn't even be in the 22. Give another young bloke a shot, a motivated and fit player who WANTS to EARN and desperately PASSIONATELY wear a Wallaby jersey

Be there a fit 5/8 in this land down under ye has ahoyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.