• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

LevitatingSocks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
1st half was well-contested by both teams but the 2nd half was dominated by Wests and that's ultimately what made the difference along with being far more clinical at the try line. Not a perfect game by either team but Wests were definitely the better of the two and deserved the win.

From the Reds contingent, Brial for Uni and Werchon for Wests both played well.

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
Summed it up very well- given the respective teams Uni did better than I expected - ball handling cost them dearly in 2nd half. Just love watching the Fijian connection for wests they have so much fun banter and are so entertaining.

LevitatingSocks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It was interesting watching Uru, for an experienced Super Rugby player with a Wallaby cap under his belt he was letting relatively mild sideline chat distract him from the game. Could visibly see him glancing away from play toward the sideline and reacting throughout the entire 80. No one else was affected to the extent he was.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
I watched the replay telecast and didn’t notice the yapping. UQ probably had every right to sledge with those 2 knock ons on the restart.

always good when the 16th team member brings their voice… long as they stay on otherside of the rope and away from action - everything’s good.

Ras

Peter Burge (5)
After watching the game yesterday I still question whether Wests have the game management to beat Brothers. To me it was more a game UQ lost, not taking points with entries into the 22 due to a failing set piece, then Wests won by icing the game.

For me it's Brothers by 13 this weekend.

LevitatingSocks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm inclined to agree. If it's a well-managed game then Brothers should win.

But if things get chaotic that will give Wests room to capitalize off of broken play with their back and loose forward link ups.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Brothers in 6 grand finals this weekend.

Albion Maccas will be calling in the reinforcements on Sunday night if they pickup more than a couple of trophies.

I know this is probably asked every year but what is the most grand finals won by a single club in one season?

Back in my GPS playing days we had a few years with 6 in Grand Finals, but I think the most we walked away with was 4 and it didn't include the big one. There were also a few occasions where we had 6 playing and walked away with 1!

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Highlight of the weekend was Werchon with the finger pistols back to the UQ supporters after he kicked the 40m penalty. The students were feeding it to him prior, couldnt really say much when he kicked it.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Wests showed what happened when they didn’t fluff their red zone opportunities, difference between their game this weekend and their loss the weekend before.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Half a season
I think you are being a bit dismissive towards the achievement which was actually winning 6 of the 6 GFs that they qualified for.
Brothers are well placed to match that achievement - point to consider - is there more pressure on the Brothers 5th grade and colts 3 sides than Prems and Reggie’s? Brothers 2nd grade have only lost 3 games in 2 seasons (incl. Rnd 17 v Wests, Major(GPS) & Prelim(Easts) in 2023) and go into the GF as undefeated in 2024.
It will be a stressful couple of days for the Filth Faithful.
Brothers would love to match the Easts 6.
I think that their toughest to win might be the matchup with the Bulldogs in Prems who IMHO will be a tougher opponent than in the Major Semi simply for having to play together in the Major & Prelim finals.
Similarly Uni in second grade will be better placed in the GF having come through the Major (draw to Bros) and a tough clash with a classy Wests side in the Preliminary Final.
Would love to see Western suburbs quinella in the top two grades.

Last edited: