• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
It’s a reflection of the standard across QPR dropping this year.

I am not sure if I agree about 1st grade standard dropping. But I do feel like depth across a few clubs isn’t the same.

Looking at results in 2nds and 3rds over this season and the gap has closed between a number of clubs. Not bad for competition of course but it seems to be more the strong clubs losing depth rather than some of the weaker clubs getting more numbers.

That’s a generalisation of course, would be interesting to see official player numbers at end of the year across the comp.

Marbig

Chris McKivat (8)
you must watch the games with your eyes closed, it happens everywhere - I would be more concerned about removing the grubbing coward punching that occurred, not much being said on that?
It was removed, he was immediately red carded and I presume has been suspended by now. No mention of the illegal clean out and the grubby shove that preceded the punch though?

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
looks like some marquee players turning out in club rugby this weekend.

Brothers team is stacked with junkyard dog, Harry Wilson and Ryan smith and jock Campbell will be suiting up for UQ.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Souths have Bryant at 7, and have surprisingly shuffled Herbert to 12.

im guessing Raboiliku injury is worse then feared?

I think Herbert should go well there. Plus it’s kind of an easy opponent (souths - touch wood) to experiment & see if Kohan can perform in the midfield.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I really like Bryant and he needs to be in the team obviously.

Interesting re Kohan. I'm a believer that your best player should play in their best position to be most effective. See how he goes. I wonder if this is a plan that Kohan is keen for? Lots of very good backrowers in Oz rugby. Could be a transition plan?

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
im guessing Raboiliku injury is worse then feared?

I think Herbert should go well there. Plus it’s kind of an easy opponent (souths - touch wood) to experiment & see if Kohan can perform in the midfield.
Makes sense to try him out there. Big, powerful centres have been so valuable at this level the last few years, with guys like Raboiliku and Siakasini being real difference makers in the past. Feels like it's worth the risk and some teething pains if you can exploit that mismatch.

JRugby2

Larry Dwyer (12)

Interesting re Kohan. I'm a believer that your best player should play in their best position to be most effective. See how he goes. I wonder if this is a plan that Kohan is keen for? Lots of very good backrowers in Oz rugby. Could be a transition plan?
Ben Earl recently played in the midfield for England and this has been spoken about as a new frontier for loose forwards to be able to play in the backline, and add versatility that way.

I don't know for sure - but maybe it's a way for KH to get back on the radar of professional clubs.

warhorse

Bill Watson (15)

With the back row and tight five that Souths are putting out there this week, KH mightn't see much action. That pack might just tear through the mid-field all day. Here's hoping!!