• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Sir Charles

Fred Wood (13)
I was actually told they were looking at specific players to fill spots for the upcoming games, was just trying to avoid QPR Karens.......ok negative Nancys have a go

hdnmstsnr

Peter Burge (5)
..not if the best players are at Wests, Souths, GPS or even Bond or Norths...I'd rather believe they are doing the rounds to see what may have developed in clubland during the season.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Sounds like a veteran move by the 9, he caught a fish hook line and sinker which probably won them the game - like I teach my U12s, you cannot retaliate and then be upset when the referee reverses the penalty.

AFL has done a good job of removing that kind of shithousery from the game when a player commits a free kick, would like to see the great game look to somehow penalise players doing what the Brothers #21 did. Would expect nothing less from the Filth though, whilst grubby, almost certainly won them the game.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Picking players from the best team in the comp makes perfect sense

hooker
Lock
2 backrowers
2 utility backs
Outside centre
Wing

Filth is already very well represented in the reds (most rep players in QPR). Anymore butcher stripes at Herston we should just rename them the ballymore brothers

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
How many of their super players have they regularly had this season?

Faessler, Smith, McReight, Wilson, Flook and O'Connor all wouldn't have been sighted and Creighton, Ryan would've been with the Reds more often than not. Yet Brothers are almost 10 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand. I'm no fan of the filth but it's hard to argue with that success when you're looking for the guys to make the next step up. I'm sure they're looking at players from other clubs too, but it makes sense that there would be more from Brothers than anywhere else right now.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)

Faessler, Smith, McReight, Wilson, Flook and O'Connor all wouldn't have been sighted and Creighton, Ryan would've been with the Reds more often than not. Yet Brothers are almost 10 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand. I'm no fan of the filth but it's hard to argue with that success when you're looking for the guys to make the next step up. I'm sure they're looking at players from other clubs too, but it makes sense that there would be more from Brothers than anywhere else right now.

yeah only guys I can think of is JOC (James O'Connor) or Creighton turning out in clubland this year.

Man from snowy river

Bob McCowan (2)
I understand they are looking for a Front rower, a centre, flyhalf (depending on Taj Annan injury update)and scrum half for the up coming game against Wales From clubland. Who would you pick..

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)

It’s a reflection of the standard across QPR dropping this year. Easts has gone backwards, Bond aren’t the same team, GPS has stagnated, Wests are weaker, UQ are better than last year but much weaker than the last 10, Souths are better off a low base, Norths and Sunnybank would struggle to win reserve grade games v top 4.

Sir Charles

Fred Wood (13)
AFL has done a good job of removing that kind of shithousery from the game when a player commits a free kick, would like to see the great game look to somehow penalise players doing what the Brothers #21 did. Would expect nothing less from the Filth though, whilst grubby, almost certainly won them the game.
you must watch the games with your eyes closed, it happens everywhere - I would be more concerned about removing the grubbing coward punching that occurred, not much being said on that?

Watchingrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
It’s a reflection of the standard across QPR dropping this year. Easts has gone backwards, Bond aren’t the same team, GPS has stagnated, Wests are weaker, UQ are better than last year but much weaker than the last 10, Souths are better off a low base, Norths and Sunnybank would struggle to win reserve grade games v top 4.
Which reserve grade teams do you think could match it with Sunnybank and Norths?

FTF

Frank Nicholson (4)
What happened to the chatter about QPR adopting the rep player loading policy that was trialled last year?

Haven't heard anything about it this year.
Apparently the Reds staff member who was meant to implement it couldn’t be bothered. It needs to happen and sooner rather than later. That will be a start to trying to make the competition fairer than what it is now.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think RA/9/stan want to clubland to field the strongest lineups possible so that people tune in for this product.

Also if we are moving to a national club competition I think QRU doesn’t want to jump the gun and implement some rules which will hinder the qld teams winning.