• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cooper Whiteside boot.
Take a bow wow!!!

Won the dogs the game yesterday - way too many yellow & reds for this bulldog fans liking.

Easts scored more tries but were no match for the wests fullback accuracy. 4/4 on conversions, 5/5 on penalties… conditions were treacherous & some of the penalty shots were either long range or clutch to keep the Tigers at Bay.

It really is pick your poison with Cooper Whiteside or Isaac Henry - the Bulldogs opponents must show discipline when defending their half because Wests kickers will make you pay.

glad to finally have the green & gold finally enter the winners column of QPR.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Bond v GPS on Saturday

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
GPS never really travel well! Credit to Bond for knocking them off. It’ll be interesting to see how GPS depth is tested this year, their 3rd grade side is 0-3, traditionally those 3rd/4th/5ths teams have been quite strong and filtered some decent talent up the line when needed.

Looks like back to regular programming for Norths. Scored 43pts across 7 teams against Brothers, whilst conceding 386.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched UQ & Souths.
You have to take your hat off to Souths. They seem to be getting more organised as an entire club, their Prems were good against a good UQ side. The rest of the club (colts 1 like Prems were good despite result) seem to be well planned & happy.

Well done Magpies… I have been a skeptic.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Cooper Whiteside boot.
Take a bow wow!!!

Won the dogs the game yesterday - way too many yellow & reds for this bulldog fans liking.

Easts scored more tries but were no match for the wests fullback accuracy. 4/4 on conversions, 5/5 on penalties… conditions were treacherous & some of the penalty shots were either long range or clutch to keep the Tigers at Bay.

It really is pick your poison with Cooper Whiteside or Isaac Henry - the Bulldogs opponents must show discipline when defending their half because Wests kickers will make you pay.

glad to finally have the green & gold finally enter the winners column of QPR.

So SX, How do you see the back line once the balance of the Rebels are released in 3 weeks time? Mason to Colts? or Coops to Reggies?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Watched UQ & Souths.
You have to take your hat off to Souths. They seem to be getting more organised as an entire club, their Prems were good against a good UQ side. The rest of the club (colts 1 like Prems were good despite result) seem to be well planned & happy.

as an old magpie it is good to see the club working back to a very competitive position.
seemed to be a good morale around the place with plenty of "old boys" at the bar.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Watched UQ & Souths.

I thought with some better execution at Lineout and kicking for touch Souths could have won it. The UQ scrum looks to be a bit of a liability for them going forward. The Souths front row took them apart.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I thought with some better execution at Lineout and kicking for touch Souths could have won it. The UQ scrum looks to be a bit of a liability for them going forward. The Souths front row took them apart.
George Francis had Dorrington - Plumb conned. Every time the ref was on the other side he angled in and rolled his shoulder down. The AR was oblivious. When the ref came to Francis side of scrum big George went back to being well behaved.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I think Big Georgie boy is looking a bit leaner, I know he played around 60mins the other day, how long this game?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I think Big Georgie boy is looking a bit leaner, I know he played around 60mins the other day, how long this game?
about the same I think 60 mins. Must have been big if he has slimmed down a little

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
about the same I think 60 mins. Must have been big if he has slimmed down a little

Could just be the black being a bit slimming ha!

But I remember him looking quite large in the Wests jersey's last year.

At his best, George is a game changer. I hope he gets back there for his own sake.

Speaking of which - what's happening in Tigerland? I thought they were Premiership contenders...

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
As to the Wests question ......who starts ? Whiteside or M Gordon , it really shouldn't be that hard.

Who's the player that helps your team win now more ? That is the question that should be asked. Ego management be damned.

I mean if Tom Lynagh , Harry McLaughlin Phillips , Willem Johnstone etc are all cool playing Colts then I don't see what the issue is for another level peg talent who is also a 19 or 20 year old to play in an U20 competition , especially , if it benefits 2 x teams in your Club and increases their winning chances (and yes , I do think Cooper Whiteside helps you more now than what Mason Gordon does)

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Could just be the black being a bit slimming ha!

But I remember him looking quite large in the Wests jersey's last year.

At his best, George is a game changer. I hope he gets back there for his own sake.

Speaking of which - what's happening in Tigerland? I thought they were Premiership contenders...
not sure about tigerland

I know a couple of kids left their clubs last year with big promises to turn up at David Wilson Field that haven't been fruitful for them yet.

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
Just saw the rebels squad this weekend. I guess sending cattle to qld serving a important match day fitness tune up.

Ripley straight into the 13 jersey
Sorovi and Maiava from the dogs onto the rebels bench.
Does anyone know who foots the bill for the Rebel players to fly up each week and play/bench for Wests? They've basically run a full fresh bench for each game this season....isn't this what caused rumblings at a club level when Elwee was at GPS?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Does UQ, GPS Easts or Brothers pay for flights for when their rebels contingent fly in/fly home for qpr match games?

I don’t think accomodation costs are is a issue for the qpr/rebels players considering most are from Queensland & they end up staying with family.

will be interesting to see if any of the drua players turn out for qpr later in the season.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

still reckon that a contracted player should be playing in the club competition of that state / city.

How will the melbourne comp get any improvement if all the "stars" dont support it?

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
still reckon that a contracted player should be playing in the club competition of that state / city.

How will the melbourne comp get any improvement if all the "stars" dont support it?
I can understand why it happened last year when there was no other club competition running apart of QLDs....but this year for clubs like Wests to fly players up on a Thursday night who maybe don't all buy into the club just doesn't make sense for longevity of success. Short term wins at the cost of younger lads or grades players who leave because they don't see a genuine pathway to ever earn a spot in 1st grade is surely the bigger issue here?