• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
So while talking about referees, i got the opportunity to watch the Norths Vs Wests game on DVD. Wow the referee had also some pretty dubious calls. Sounds similar, norths were not rolling away at all in any rucks in the last 15 minutes, which should have warranted a yellow card to Norths, however in a suprising turn of events Wests actually received a yellow card to their captain Mick Lee. Which no doubt swayed the momentum of the game to get Norths the win. It is definately correct you have to adapt to the referee each time you run out, however sometimes you wonder what they are thinking? Very inconsistent. Any injuries that anyone knows of in any teams that may affect the next two games?

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Bagging Refs is poor form but they also need to ensure that they are on top of their game. Too many times this season they have gone to blow the whistle and haven't on some pretty big problems/indiscretions. For me - I think a lot of it comes from lack of fitness and the fact the some of the Touchies aren't helping where they should.
I think that there has been many inconsistences the whole season, for some time for that matter and that something needs to be done about it.
Something needs to be done about it?
You mean people like you getting down from their high horses & getting involved?
I doubt it.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
So while talking about referees, i got the opportunity to watch the Norths Vs Wests game on DVD. Wow the referee had also some pretty dubious calls. Sounds similar, norths were not rolling away at all in any rucks in the last 15 minutes, which should have warranted a yellow card to Norths, however in a suprising turn of events Wests actually received a yellow card to their captain Mick Lee. Which no doubt swayed the momentum of the game to get Norths the win. It is definately correct you have to adapt to the referee each time you run out, however sometimes you wonder what they are thinking? Very inconsistent. Any injuries that anyone knows of in any teams that may affect the next two games?

Wests had backrower Brad Cameron leave the game with what appeared to be a broken arm/shoulder type injury off a blazing 20-30metreish run up the middle where the Norths defender tackled him leading him to land on himself and injured himself, Last I heard he was sent off to hospital for XRAYS.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Referees do get judged by their critics (former referees whom are even more unatheletic and their whistle blowing days are well & truly behind them). Usually you can see a guy sitting on the sideline at the 50metre mark who has a pen and pad and takes notes to how the game unfolds.

After the game the referee will go up to this former referee and chat about the game & reports are then sent in to the QRU about the game and how it was refereed.

As hard as it is to be a referee, imagine what it's like to be a Touchie.... You've just adjudicated a reserve grade game (& probably upset a team in the process) & now you've gotta hold a flag & cop abuse for 40 minutes from armchair critics in reserve grade who are backing up for Prem grades about the headhigh tackles, offside infringements, yellow/red card worthy niggle going on in the Rucks & mauls... I gotta say I do admire the Touch Judge who will make a call a unfavourable call on the home team because he/she does not get spooked by a foaming at the mouth crowd.

The amount of vitirol sprayed from the benches & the stands at these touch judges makes me embarrassed sometimes (even by the playing group at my own club).. But I guess this abuse exists across all forms of Weekend sports. (something we all have to live with)

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Adaption is the Mother to winning tough games. Your right T12 - didn't adapt.

Making a point isn't 'blaming' - what are you - school kids!

Saying that one team or another was offside all day but not pulled up for it & saying that the Ref pulled penalties out of his..... hat, whenever Easts looked like scoring, says to me that you're blaming the ref or saying he was biased in some way.... not just making a point.
I was sitting behind the posts so I couldn't really comment on the offside gripe, however I can say that the ref got his calls right for pinging Easts for ruck infringements when on the attack.

Expecting top level refereeing in club Rugby is a long shot at this point in time when you take into account the poor quality of Aussie refs in the higher formats of the game.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Something needs to be done about it?
You mean people like you getting down from their high horses & getting involved?
I doubt it.

So how do you know I haven't been involved. You don't have to have the whistle in your mouth to be involved.
Shit, does that mean I am on my high horse. Shit yeah.

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
Wests had backrower Brad Cameron leave the game with what appeared to be a broken arm/shoulder type injury off a blazing 20-30metreish run up the middle where the Norths defender tackled him leading him to land on himself and injured himself, Last I heard he was sent off to hospital for XRAYS.

I found out Brad Cameron didn't break his elbow it was a dislocation but sounds like out for season. A unknown in the Brisbane Competition as it is his first year but definately one of the best back rowers running around in the competition. Look at someone like him flourish in the coming years in the Brisbane Competition.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen, I am in shock!! Brothers, lost by 30 points-absolutely hammered, and all I read about is refs. Something must be seriously wrong at the moment. Tigerland, I expected a lot more shit from you about this. You letting me down about this thumping over there in East Brisbane mate? haha:)

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'd be surprised if many of the tipsters picked Brothers to win that game anyway Filth.
Pococks injury could benefit alot of brisbane clubs in the next few weeks. As Gill will most likely go onto the wallabies bench.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Big game between Easts and GPS this weekend with the looser a good chance of missing out on the finals. GPS win by 8 or more will see Easts into 5th and they have Uni in the final round.

It will be a ghost town here if that happens.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Big game between Easts and GPS this weekend with the looser a good chance of missing out on the finals. GPS win by 8 or more will see Easts into 5th and they have Uni in the final round.

It will be a ghost town here if that happens.

I prefer to look at it as - If Easts win this week against GPS they are all but assured of a finals spot with one game spare.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
We beat both GPS and University first time around. Hopefully a massive crowd for this weeks game.

What's the go with GPS? They seem to have a completely different line up every second week? Lots of injuries?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lots of injuries this year at GPS and also the rep players (mostly Aussie 7's) coming in and out of the side. Nick Frisby also elected to have his shoulder surgery earlier than expected so he won't be making anymore appearances this year and the same goes for Ruan Smith, recently signed with the Brumbies also went under the knife a few weeks ago so has most likely played his last game for the club.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
At this end of the season how much have the premier coachs affected positively or negatively there teams outcomes this year? Thoughts anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.