• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
“I think he's just taking the piss...” comment from the article posted by East Coast Aces above ha-ha…priceless.

I think Taikato-Simpson might get a run for the Filth at #10 against the Dogs. He got the role against Jeeps a few weeks back and did very well. The Filth were way too dominant last week against Easts at Crosby Park. Simon Price was a stand-out, along with the number 7&8. Easts were disappointing; however, Shannon Walker is a great asset to the team with blazing pace out wide. I hope Brothers make it through to the final this year and hopefully win. However, I reckon the Red Heavies, Jeeps and the Bank will become prominent towards the end of the season, likewise with the men from Tigerland. This season so far in my opinion has been awesome. Great to see Souths and the Doggies knocking off the top teams. I really hope both the Sunny and Goldie perform better next year.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Easts kicking game was disappointing, it's normally a real strength. Otherwise it was a tough game where easts just weren't good enough on the day. Keep in mind when we won the Hospitals cup, we lost both games to brothers only to beat them in the major semi and thenthe grand final. Also agree with u filth about it being good to see south and doggies challenging the new

W

What2040

Be interesting to see if UJ lives up to repuatation that he has, albeit built of talk and promise as a kid.

Happy to see the kid step up

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Wests snatched a victory from the Filth winning 19-15! Congratulations to all, especially to our own Scott Allen! Great to see the dogs knocking off some huge names this season!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
God the Dogs are good on their day. I hope they make the finals.
Souths beat Jeeps
Easts beat the Coast
All by 1 point.

Red slug

Stan Wickham (3)
Had a chance today to venture, with trepidation, back to a 3rd tier Breakers game at home to East. As we were walking in we were discussing the large margin we could expect as the last few Breakers games we had attended have been underwhelming. We arrive at the game got ourselves refreshments (soft), the most delicious steak burger, hamburger yummo and a chocolate chip cup cake divine according to the 10 year and she should know as she takes all opportunities to sample them. So began an afternoon of surprises the sun shined all afternoon with only a slight bit of cloud cover every now and then. Then the Rugby started took a few minutes to get warmed up but the Breakers did the surprising things like the great defence for the first 20 minutes, Tiny and crew must be working them hard. The defence continued for the 35 mins and fell off for the last 5 minutes in which East scored 2 tries converted and with a couple of penalties in the converted on both sides and a try to East the score 7-24 first half entertaining, score didn't reflect the defence only the slack off for 5 mins.
Second half was a try fest and the score were very close 19-27 with some dubious calls by the refs and with not much assistance from his assistants and I will give them the sun was in their eyes, sometimes. Some great play another try by Breakers brought them with in 1 unfortunately after a great kick and chase a massive push in the back to the chaser was missed... and some impatient play by the Breakers, East went away with the Cup 26-27.
Well my mind is changed and would definitely be happy to watch the Breakers if they continue to improve over the season there was lots of talking in the first half and a little in the second especially with the defence. Go the Breakers

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm predicting UJ will rip up a disheveled Breakers defence and look better then he really is. (Not that he won't be a good player.)
Well Uj did not rip up the Breakers defence and it was far from disheveled today ECA with the Breakers scoring 4 tries to the 3 Easts scored in the first half. The Breakers actually out scoring Easts 19-3 in the second half. Easts did look disjointed without Matty B at 10. I would even go as ar as say that they looked better when Cox was at 10 last time they met than with Uj steering the ship. The breakers forwards were impressive and their 13 was a human missile in the backline! Skelton always looked dangerous. Easts still got up though much improved from the Breakers but it will be one that got away!

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Haha yer I was wrong about a lot of things this weekend. At least we got the win. That's the important thing. Now the team must survive a harrowing bye week. Which nobody likes.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Haha yer I was wrong about a lot of things this weekend. At least we got the win. That's the important thing. Now the team must survive a harrowing bye week. Which nobody likes.
With our track record I wouldn't be suprised if we managed to lose more players during the bye week.

On UJ, I don't see him as a fly half or even a fullback, I reckon long term he is a 12, got the size and the distribution/kicking game in the style of Francios Steyn or Contepomi. That being said there is no way i'd be dropping Skelton under any circumstance.

I heard something displeasing about UJ the other day. Apparently he has an issue with being stuck behind Brandon (10) and Wilder (15). His motivation at training seems to be an issue aswell, as during the week he had to be asked by one coach to come train, as he refused to do shuttle runs with the other backs. It's not a good look for a player who has not shown anything to make people believe he does deserve a Reds contract. Hopefully he can find form.

With Brandons injury apparently he can either come back in 3 weeks and play through it, or sit out the rest of the season. From memory it was his interior/anterior (?) cruciate. He is a class act and a great leader, but I wouldn't want him to jepordise himself long-term

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
With our track record I wouldn't be suprised if we managed to lose more players during the bye week.

On UJ, I don't see him as a fly half or even a fullback, I reckon long term he is a 12, got the size and the distribution/kicking game in the style of Francios Steyn or Contepomi. That being said there is no way i'd be dropping Skelton under any circumstance.

I heard something displeasing about UJ the other day. Apparently he has an issue with being stuck behind Brandon (10) and Wilder (15). His motivation at training seems to be an issue aswell, as during the week he had to be asked by one coach to come train, as he refused to do shuttle runs with the other backs. It's not a good look for a player who has not shown anything to make people believe he does deserve a Reds contract. Hopefully he can find form.

With Brandons injury apparently he can either come back in 3 weeks and play through it, or sit out the rest of the season. From memory it was his interior/anterior (?) cruciate. He is a class act and a great leader, but I wouldn't want him to jepordise himself long-term
Totally agree T12 that UJ iis best suited to 12, disappointing to hear that a rep player would have that sort of attitude if it is true.like you say he is unproven!d

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good win for the Dogs yesterday.

Like any other season of late it would of been a game that the Dogs played hard only to be pipped right at the end.

Score was 3-3 for the majority of the first half but the Dogs took a (9-3) lead into the break. Brothers hit back with a try within the first minutes of the 2nd half & Brothers could not convert the try (9-8).
Dogs were then put in the very unfortunate scenario where a prop of ours was sent to the sin bin for a infringement within the 22 metre line. Dogs defended gallantly... Must of spent 80% of that 10 minutes contesting 7 man scrums 5 metres out from their goal line only to have Brothers running into a wall of stout defense & coughing the pill up through a knock on or a dominating pilfer.

Dogs got their prop back from the bin & were rewarded a penalty 45 metres out in front which Benfield Laichbury slotted in by the slimmest of margins (hit the crossbar & bounced over for the conversion - The Uni supporters could of really appreciated the kick because it was the exact same kick that happened to Will Tuffley the week before) (12-8)

In the final minutes Brothers got some good breaks by their back line & their piggies did some good pick & drives and they must of taken the ball 70 metres or so to score just to the side of the post, Conversion was good & Brothers now lead (12-15)

The fair weathered Dogs supporters would of been heading to their cars thinking the referee will blow the whistle any minute now but it's if like as if the Dogs had Anthony Robbins in the huddle providing a motivational speech & on the ensuing kick off the Forwards charged towards the ball & the play of events caused the Brothers to knock it on so the Dogs got a scrum 40 metres out. There was a few pick and drives & club stalward Kirk Hawkins saw a open backfield picked up the ball from the back of a ruck and stepped right over his man laying on the ground and sniffed out the white line fever to go in just to the side of the post (crowd must of sounded like someone watching a live lotto draw and seeing ball 4 & 5 matching his ticket stub & then getting that lucky 6th ball to win the millions) & Benfield Lachbury kicked the conversion to score a win on the final siren (19-15)

Random points
* The game could of been a total different outcome had Brothers chose to play for a conservative win. There was opportunities where 30-35 metres out right in front of the post & they chose to kick for touch then take the 3 points gift wrapped (whether this was due to Dallan Murphy being out & Brothers coaching staff not having faith in no.10 - But a true sign of disrespect to the Dogs was rewarded for the Bulldogs supporters for Brothers to come away with no points from these penalty lineouts)

* Brothers flyhalf was no Dallan Murphy & I think they struggled (like Easts minus Matt Brandon) with utilising all those weapons 12 thru 15 in the back line. Damon Murphy looked dangerous in counter attack but off scrum pieces and rucks & mauls there was no phase of play where Damon got good ball for open space from the flyhalf.

* Dogs scrum continues to be the best in the competition & line out has improved immensely with the addition of Dan Linde. Didn't look good for Linde as he was holding his shoulder in back play during the last 5 minutes but still got up to finish the game (gotta hope it's nothing serious because He & Brett Gillespie are key factors for the Dogs turnaround this year)

* I know they're known as the Filth & they're the team we all love to hate. But Brothers is a good club in my eyes. Good to see a lot of the boys stick around afterwards for a beer considering how they went down. A few of them might be grubs on the field but they're top blokes off it. Brothers basically swept the rest of the grades through the day so they'd be a little disappointed in not getting the clean sweep in Premier grade... But good of them for sticking around for a beer & burger.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Great Report SouthernX, and good to see the Doggies get a win over one of the top sides. Linde and Gilespie would be great additions to the team but others must be putting their hands up as well.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Sounds like Easts dodged a bullet. UJ is still only a year ut of school so maybe all the responsibility of 10, is a little too much too early. A couple of games on the wing could be the go and get a more seasoned player like Mullins or Krelle to play at flyhalf.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Sounds like Easts dodged a bullet. UJ is still only a year ut of school so maybe all the responsibility of 10, is a little too much too early. A couple of games on the wing could be the go and get a more seasoned player like Mullins or Krelle to play at flyhalf.
Unfourtunately Mullins isn't really up to Premier level. Krelle on the other hand is, was valuable to us last season, but he works in the mines so is only available every 3rd week I think.

UJ just has to be more composed, and I suspect Fuller and Skelton will take on alot of ball playing responsibility now aswell.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Unfourtunately Mullins isn't really up to Premier level. Krelle on the other hand is, was valuable to us last season, but he works in the mines so is only available every 3rd week I think.

UJ just has to be more composed, and I suspect Fuller and Skelton will take on alot of ball playing responsibility now aswell.

Mate Mullins is awesome. And is with out doubt upto prem grade level. If u watch him in reserve grade he carries that backline this season

Status
Not open for further replies.