• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

something

Jim Clark (26)
I think nudgee & grammar will both win... obviously the grammar game will be tighter and i think that would be the one i would go to if i could (which i cant...)
but yeah, i think both teams will get up and there will be an epic final ha ha

Disco3

Frank Row (1)
Southport by at least 10. They only converted 1/5 against Twmba and missed all penalties. Twmba couldn't get out of their half for first 30 mins. They just seem to improve each week and have few weaknesses.

Reactions: mbw

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Let's flip that argument over to the backs.... So if you come up against a set of backs that are faster and tackle well & harder then a coach can call uncontested back play where both sides walk around each other and only touch not tackle.
Its a bit different when poor scrummaging technique/size is far more likely to lead to a broken spine etc.

U

Usain Bolt

Any tips on Downlands v BSHS other than who cares. BSHS will send a full strength team.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any tips on Downlands v BSHS other than who cares. BSHS will send a full strength team.
On what I saw when TSS played these two I would think Downlands could knock them off. Admittedly TSS had improved by the time they got to BSHS but Downlands played some good rugby against TSS. I am sure BSHS would have fielded a full strength team against TSS.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
If an "A" team at any age level of schoolboy rugby calls for uncontested scrums than that should result in them forfeiting all competition points for that game. It might be acceptable in the 5ths when you don't have enough props, but for the premier teams to be calling uncontested is a mockery of the rules and totally not in the spirit of the game.

If your prop is injured, put the seconds prop on, he should be waiting around as a reserve anyway.

The rules surrounding scrums at schoolboy level are a joke, and the flow on effects are visible for all to see when the wallabies get pulverised up front in tests.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Agreed Bowside, people wonder why Australia's scrum is an enormous piece of shit yet they have this kind of thing going on, teams regularly go uncontested and just play 7 flankers for their pack...even if you do contested, at all grades other than first XV you can only push for 1m so it's something of a pointless exercise at times

U

Usain Bolt

That's a pretty slanderous and pitiful comment to make about any team / person.
Clearly youre just having a go at grammar because they have transformed their squad from a team that lost 103 - 0 to BSHS - to a team that is in serious contention this year.
I agree. The 103-0 flogging forced BGS to re think their rugby programme. They got in Emtage and Gardiner to coach plus some players. However this years team is mostly home grown. Green came from Churchie a couple of years ago because he wasn't happy. Blackhurst came from TSS because they stupidly told him he would never play first XV rugby. Corneilsen was expelled from TSS (can you believe it) and BGS gladly picked him up. Gilbert has been there since grade 6 and his father is an old boy. Radford and Marsden ( the pocket rocket) are not imports. Radford is school captain. Birch and Lakem are leaugies but so what. They are just a good team very well coached. Emtage has the ability to bring the best out in them. They have no Curtis Browning, Chris F'Sautia, Liam Gill ect. No one from BGS made the Australian schools touring team. Man for man they are probably no better on paper than BSHS (if they picked their best players) or Churchie. Just better coached. BGS will beat TSS on Saturday and give NC a real run in 2 weeks time.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree. The 103-0 flogging forced BGS to re think their rugby programme. They got in Emtage and Gardiner to coach plus some players. However this years team is mostly home grown. Green came from Churchie a couple of years ago because he wasn't happy. Blackhurst came from TSS because they stupidly told him he would never play first XV rugby. Corneilsen was expelled from TSS (can you believe it) and BGS gladly picked him up. Gilbert has been there since grade 6 and his father is an old boy. Radford and Marsden ( the pocket rocket) are not imports. Radford is school captain. Birch and Lakem are leaugies but so what. They are just a good team very well coached. Emtage has the ability to bring the best out in them. They have no Curtis Browning, Chris F'Sautia, Liam Gill ect. No one from BGS made the Australian schools touring team. Man for man they are probably no better on paper than BSHS (if they picked their best players) or Churchie. Just better coached. BGS will beat TSS on Saturday and give NC a real run in 2 weeks time.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just wonering if BGS are 'Man for man they are probably no better on paper than BSHS (if they picked their best players) or Churchie.' how will they be so sure to beat TSS given TSS made both those teams look fairly ordinary and beat NC. I agree they are well coached with probably the best credentialed coaching staff in GPS. Will certainly be a great game.

C

Coastboy

Blackhurst was told that he couldnt be guaranteed a spot in the 2011 1st xv and it was a fair call IMO considering last years front row was Pettowa Paraka(Aus schoolboys), Campbell Wakely(Aus Schoolboys) and Josh Mchugh(Presidents xv) i highly doubt he would of made it

T

tightfive

Just wonering if BGS are 'Man for man they are probably no better on paper than BSHS (if they picked their best players) or Churchie.' how will they be so sure to beat TSS given TSS made both those teams look fairly ordinary and beat NC. I agree they are well coached with probably the best credentialed coaching staff in GPS. Will certainly be a great game.

BGS 29 TGS 12 RD 2
TSS 28 TGS 14 RD 6

Both lost to IGS by just a few points and BGS put 60+ on State High & TSS 40+.
TSS certainly thumbed Churchie by a bigger margin that BGS last week,
but Churchie look like they are starting to Gell.

All credit to TSS for rolling Nudgee but I think all would agree they are not the side they were a few years back and are very beatable even at Ross Oval.

Do TSS have the edge in the forwards and BGS in the backs? Lest we forget the old adage
'Forwards decide who wins the game - backs determine by how much'.

Should be a great contest - BGS by a try - home ground advantage could be just enough to tip the scales.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
BGS 29 TGS 12 RD 2
TSS 28 TGS 14 RD 6

Both lost to IGS by just a few points and BGS put 60+ on State High & TSS 40+.
TSS certainly thumbed Churchie by a bigger margin that BGS last week,
but Churchie look like they are starting to Gell.

All credit to TSS for rolling Nudgee but I think all would agree they are not the side they were a few years back and are very beatable even at Ross Oval.

Do TSS have the edge in the forwards and BGS in the backs? Lest we forget the old adage
'Forwards decide who wins the game - backs determine by how much'.

Should be a great contest - BGS by a try - home ground advantage could be just enough to tip the scales.

Last week TSS kicked 1 goal from about 5 attempts so probably should have been nearer 40. How many of BGS 29 points against Toowoomba came from the boot of Sam Greene? Any time you beat NC at NC it is a good victory and I think there are a few NC supporters who beleive the team is their best for a while. I think TSS have become a very strong team where BGS may rely on a few players and with the boot of Mitch Third back that will help. Yes TSS did lose to IGS but they have improved weekly and are even better than against NC. Will be a great game this one.

D

_dark

alternate thoughts:
TSS d BGS by 10
NC d TGS by 12
IGS d BBC by 7
ACGS d GT by 18

Well I can agree with the NC, IGS and ACGS victories but not TSS. BGS at home have been playing good rugby and it doesn't seem like they'll give way to TSS. It may be closer than 8 points, but BGS will win.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Agreed Bowside, people wonder why Australia's scrum is an enormous piece of shit yet they have this kind of thing going on, teams regularly go uncontested and just play 7 flankers for their pack.even if you do contested, at all grades other than first XV you can only push for 1m so it's something of a pointless exercise at times
You can only push 1.5 metres at U19 level.
This applies to 1st XV too.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Scenarios for premiership BGS TSS & NC

Nudgee beats TGS on weekend:
TSS beats BGS, BGS beat Nudgee
then TSS Wins

TSS & Nudgee beat BGS
then NC & TSS tie

BGS beats TSS, Nudgee beats BGS
3 way tie

BGS beats TSS & Nudgee
BGS wins

Nudgee loses to TGS on weekend:
TSS beats BGS, BGS beats Nudgee
TSS Wins

TSS & Nudgee beat BGS
TSS Wins

BGS beats TSS, Nudgee beats BGS
BGS & TSS tie

BGS beats TSS & Nudgee
BGS Win

TSS seem to have the easiest road to the premiership, if nudgee loses at all they are pretty much guaranteed unless BGS goes through undefeated. Unfortunately for NC they have to beat both TGS and BGS for even a shared premiership due to the bye. But basically, if any of the three teams go through undefeated for the last three games they are guaranteed a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.