• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

L-Time2011

this is true about lauries 2010 1st XV coach coaching at terrace now. he is a very "old school" coach who focuses at alot on set piece and very much forward orientated play with not much creativity in the backs.

A

alc14

so after all this what will the ladder look like at the end of the year?

R

rumnugget

gt not looking too good in the first two rounds. any views on their run to the end of the season?

G

GPSrugby

Harpy has been given a 3 day ban for discussing imports outside of the imports thread. Next one gets 2 weeks.

Sorry guys, it's the only way to keep this civil.

Look I know that you want to "keep things civil", but if you continue to ban everyone who mentions imports or scholarships on a forum of QLD GPS rugby you will end up with an empty forum - although im sure you'd enjoy the civility of it.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
IGS look really good at the moment and work really well as a team unit with everyone doing their job. Let's see if they can keep it going with the danger that they have to beat the curse of previous Ipswich teams who come out of the blocks well but then fade. They have been the school that has always hated the break between terms 2 and 3 the most

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Look I know that you want to "keep things civil", but if you continue to ban everyone who mentions imports or scholarships on a forum of QLD GPS rugby you will end up with an empty forum - although im sure you'd enjoy the civility of it.

an empty schoolboys forum. The rest of the forum is fine. Happy to have the discussion, but we do run a tight ship here for a number of reasons, but mainly because things can spiral out of control pretty quickly otherwise.

So just follow the rules and things will be fine. No one is making you post here if you don't like how the place is run.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Look I know that you want to "keep things civil", but if you continue to ban everyone who mentions imports or scholarships on a forum of QLD GPS rugby you will end up with an empty forum

That is a risk we are willing to take. The Sportal forum was ruined by inflammatory subjects like :
- imports/scholarships
- NTS

There is a sticky thread for the discussion of scholarships and a normal thread for the NTS which I will bring to the top of page 1. Anybody who wishes to discuss these topics is welcome to do so in those two threads so long as they are polite.

What folks are not permitted to do is to mention these matters outside of these threads nor to mix them in with other stuff.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I myself, have a different perspective to offer on this topic. It is of my personal opinion that more exposure to the higher grade rugby will mold the player for similar competition in the year to follow. I do agree that getting beaten everyweek cannot be good for the morale of a team, however the routines, game-styles and overall competition, again in my opinion, would all contribute towards the development of a more aware player. Once again this is just my take on things and by no means do i disagree with you, merely just offering a different scenario.

I am not against playing a guys up if they are the best players available. My comment was more focused on the fact that it is a weakened 1st XV team for a number of reasons (age group, damaged fields, limited trials etc.) and playing a large number of Under 16 players in the 1st XV also weakens the Under 16 age group. I understand your point of view and I hope that it pays off next year.

I actually think that with the change of structure next year GT will benefit as there is more time to prepare the team and they are likely to tour in the June/July holidays which will end up as preseason games.

Terrace run a very good program and have solid structures in place for their rugby program but it seems that a lot of things have gone against them this year which is unfortunate.

L

L-Time2011

I am not against playing a guys up if they are the best players available. My comment was more focused on the fact that it is a weakened 1st XV team for a number of reasons (age group, damaged fields, limited trials etc.) and playing a large number of Under 16 players in the 1st XV also weakens the Under 16 age group. I understand your point of view and I hope that it pays off next year.

I actually think that with the change of structure next year GT will benefit as there is more time to prepare the team and they are likely to tour in the June/July holidays which will end up as preseason games.

Terrace run a very good program and have solid structures in place for their rugby program but it seems that a lot of things have gone against them this year which is unfortunate.

not just this year

G

GPSrugby

That is a risk we are willing to take. The Sportal forum was ruined by inflammatory subjects like :
- imports/scholarships
- NTS

There is a sticky thread for the discussion of scholarships and a normal thread for the NTS which I will bring to the top of page 1. Anybody who wishes to discuss these topics is welcome to do so in those two threads so long as they are polite.

What folks are not permitted to do is to mention these matters outside of these threads nor to mix them in with other stuff.

so in this forum which has its original post as "... players to watch, news from the schools" you don't think there is any merit in discussing scholarship players (who by their very nature are "players to watch")?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
so in this forum which has its original post as "... players to watch, news from the schools" you don't think there is any merit in discussing scholarship players (who by their very nature are "players to watch")?

as has been said a few times now, you can discuss this, but in the Scholarships thread.

Or on another forum.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
You can discuss the players all you want, but any discussions on scholarships themselves must go on the dedicated thread. It's not that hard to understand.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
so any thoughts on this weekends games or we going to keep discussing why terrace is failing? i prefer to look at the top of the competition table than the teams at the bottom. surely there are good things to say about ipswich this year? without the use of the 's' word or 'i' word, as those players do not contribute to the gps 1 team or the final result of the competition.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Apparently ipswich have a monster back row and some quality but not too flashy backs. That's what you need imo, fit back 3 trio of forwards will go a long way to winning games, stopping problems before they start ect.

F

fourgreatkids

terrace's losing ways can't be blamed on the fact they have 6 yr 11 players playing for them. BGS also has 6 yr 11s and were able to beat TGS comprehensively

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
For IGS, there is one absolutely huge player (he played 2nd half only against BSHS) and another tall skinny guy in the second row but the backrow was really mobile with 6 and 7 more nuggety types and captain at no 8 who I thought looked small for a number 8. A couple of big guys in the centres who look more like rugby league second rowers. What impressed me was work rate as a team - all have a job to do and are efficient in what they do.

U

username

TGS have 9 year 11's and for those who said BGS beat toowoomba comprehensively, were you actually there?

Status
Not open for further replies.