• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2025

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Wasn't this supposedly the best team of Grammar rugby in years? I can't see them finishing above these two teams next year. What makes you say this??

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
Any young up and comers (current grade 9/10 players 2024) to look out for in 2025 season?
My currents are
Frank I (GT) - CURRENT 12
Sio K (ACGS) - CURRENT 3
Tyrese H (BSHS) - CURRENT 1

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
How many players do they have returning next year? Is the infamous "PitBull" coming back...
I believe he finished up his schooling this year. Rumours circulated that he was offered to repeat but he stated he had "too much respect for the GPS competition" to do that as it would be highly unfair if he did. I believe he is set to play colts 1 at Wests next year.

Milkman09

Bob McCowan (2)
Any prospects from the U15s expected to play firsts next year?

I heard Nudgee have a very strong U15s side…
Yes some standouts for sure.....think there was a big 2nd row (bradford) who played up in 16s last year and made the reds 15 might have a shot....

Spicer the centre also strong

The Occasional Fly Half

Bob McCowan (2)
I get the feeling TSS will be strong in 2025, but they do lose a lot of quality in terms of Rugby Union experience, game awareness and leadership. I will try and concentrate on the players that have been mentioned on the 2024 version of this chat, rather than a run down of all of their depth! I am not rock solid on the Rugby League details, but it is all sourced online.

Their headline year 12s (Moana [Captain, #2], Goldie [Vice-Captain, #9], Wells [#4], Dalton [#11], Rangiwai [#3], will leave a big hole. There are two of them currently down in Canberra in the Australian 18s camp, which is quite extraordinary given they were not a standout team in the comp this year.

But a number of their 'raw talent' players are younger, such as Killarney Lavender [QLD City NRL, Reds 16s #13], Kingsley Uys [Reds, Aus 18s #1], Fifita [QLD NRL, Titans #6], Lote-Felo [Reds 16s #8], Dallas Ingram [QRL 16s? #10], Dylan Terblanche [Reds 16s #15]. They add to that group James Smith - the outstanding Reds Under 15s fly half that came up from Canberra this year, creating a good selection dilemma with Ingram already established and performing at 10 (and Terblanche at fullback for QLD). They also have Kingston Seve, who according to the linked media report is one of the finest talents in the country, signed to the Dolphins. Kingston played the first half of the season on the Wing for the firsts this year and returned to the 16s.

As we've seen this year at BSHS, coaching matters, and they enjoy the returned services of Tai McIsaac, Mike Wallace and Adrian Blundell.

Overall, I think they warrant strong consideration for the Top 4 in 25 and 26, noting a few in that list are Year 10s.