• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does anybody know what's going on with T. Pritchard (ACGS). He missed his second game of the season last week. Just wondering if he re-injured the previous body part or it was a new injury.

-QTT

footinbothcamps

Frank Row (1)
I don’t believe he has had his contract torn up. If he has chosen GPS rugby over a couple of $100k that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.
You dont have to believe it, it is true. Words straight from his mouth. He was in Tassie the week of the BBC game doing promos, the Jackjumpers had him booked on a Saturday flight home he changed his flight to the Friday so he could get back in time for the game. The jackjumpers cracked the darks and tore up his contract. I dont think he is that phased, he backs himself to pick up another deal and it wont be long until he is drafted in the NBA and his couple hundred grand sacrifice to win a premiership with his mates will be well and truly justified.

Get em onside

Bob McCowan (2)
WOW, JUST WOW.

What a weekend of footy that was across the whole comp. Im happy I didn't watch the wallabies get pumped and instead watched some boys who have some passion . Thank GOD. Me and my mates decided to catch the train down to Tennyson from the downs , and the game did not disappoint. As usual the game started off hot and fiery. With the whole school behind them, in the opening rounds GT played some of the best footy I've seen from them in years in which they went into the break up 7:5. In this first stanza, their defence across the park was excellent in which every player in the red and black played above their weight. They were disciplined, well structured and immense at the break down. Decision making from the spine of the team (Hales, Mchgans) was excellent as they were constantly putting the pressure on the blue and white. However as usual, nudge flipped the switch in the second half and scored 3 quick tries. Andrew scotney must have gave a big speech to nudges outside backs especially winger Nick Conway because he really turned it on with a spectacular chip and chase. Regardless However, the Gt boys still played their game well in the second half except. However as they have proven time and time again, no matter what it always seems that nudge find a way to win. Ultimately the only thing that set the teams apart was the set piece. As long as the have Ed and Bennet Armistead its gonna take something remarkable to beat them. Lineouts Win Games. If Nudgee had average sized second rowers, I do believe GT would have won that game. In essence there was nothing systematically wrong within the GT line out, its just the two twin towers in the front 5 spoiled every throw. In my opinion Grenfell and ED (last name) were the most impactful players on the field. As mentioned earlier, Joe and Sam MCGHAHAN, George Hales were very solid some of the smartest players going around. Flanker Nate WEINS came off the field as GT best, and also a mention to second rower Charlie Cross, he was great. Going into the game, Nudgee were always the favourites but the Gt boys were very impressive. I am expecting a big backend of the season for this team and I think they may spoil some premiership teams for certain schools.
Cheers- Get em offside

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Wow, what a weekend of rugby!

After going through all the scores in the Sunday Mail this morning, it’s clear that NC had a dominant day over GT. However, I noticed that Nudgee and Terrace drew in the Open 4ths. That’s surprising because NC usually has more strength and depth in the lower divisions, and the NC 4ths have been particularly strong this season. I imagine it must be a bit embarrassing for that team, especially considering that all their Open brothers secured wins, and they couldn't even put a single point on what’s generally seen as a weaker Terrace side.

Do you have any thoughts on this or some insider knowledge about what happened?

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just wanted to comment on the battle of the colours - what an amazing game! Went right down to the wire and was amazing to see my NC boys get over! Would love to hear everyone else’s thoughts and it was great to chat to fellow forumists @WHACKO_JACKO.GT a during the game. Would love to hear everyone else’s thoughts.
Great to see everyone out there! It was actually my first ever battle of the colours so my expectations were high... boy did it not disapoint. My one minor caviat was that I had been told that Nudgee would walk all over Terrace. This was not the case. With an excellent first half from Terrace was looking like the stronger side. It was only in that seccond half when there was a few poor defense on the edges by Terrace that NC got up.

In summary, pints, chit chat & good people. And especially good footy.

The Blin6side

Larry Dwyer (12)
Blin6side’s Forwards and Backs of the round

Forward of the Round: Lucas ‘The Pitbull’ Clifford (BBC)

Clifford made his offical debut for the BBC 1st XV this week against ACGS. Wearing the number 3 on his back, Clifford was particularly impressive in both forms of set piece, with a dominant showcase when it came down to scrum time. Next round, Clifford will only be stronger due to the gained confidence from his victory on debut against a strong ACGS side. Furthermore, i’m very surprised why BBC have held this ‘Secret Weapon’ back so late in their campaign…

Back of the Round: Nick Conway (NC)

Nick Conway, a previous Queensland Reds u16 representative player, certainly turned up for this years annual battle of the colours. An electric winger who's got it all size, speed and a nasty step, that could tear apart almost every GPS’ Schools defensive line. Conway, received a bit of grief from the GT crowd, however, he kept his head down and went to work. Very keen to see if he can replicate this performance after this weeks bye round.

Back - Honourable Mentions: George ‘Jack Russel’ Hales (GT)

Not really much to say here rather than consistency. The Jack Russel is arguably one of the most consistent players in the Queensland GPS comp, delivering silky service week in and week out. Despite having a ‘Target’ on his back, Hales didn’t back down and still performed some gutsy snipes, that led to a few line breaks. His defensive effort against NC was extremely impressive, with a few ankle taps that stopped the NC Calvary in their tracks. Such a shame TGS missed out on the opportunity of poaching this Scrumhalf when he made the move from NZ in u12s…

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)

Clifford made his offical debut for the BBC 1st XV this week against ACGS. Wearing the number 3 on his back, Clifford was particularly impressive in both forms of set piece, with a dominant showcase when it came down to scrum time. Next round, Clifford will only be stronger due to the gained confidence from his victory on debut against a strong ACGS side. Furthermore, i’m very surprised why BBC have held this ‘Secret Weapon’ back so late in their campaign…

Back of the Round: Nick Conway (NC)

Nick Conway, a previous Queensland Reds u16 representative player, certainly turned up for this years annual battle of the colours. An electric winger who's got it all size, speed and a nasty step, that could tear apart almost every GPS’ Schools defensive line. Conway, received a bit of grief from the GT crowd, however, he kept his head down and went to work. Very keen to see if he can replicate this performance after this weeks bye round.

Back - Honourable Mentions: George ‘Jack Russel’ Hales (GT)

Not really much to say here rather than consistency. The Jack Russel is arguably one of the most consistent players in the Queensland GPS comp, delivering silky service week in and week out. Despite having a ‘Target’ on his back, Hales didn’t back down and still performed some gutsy snipes, that led to a few line breaks. His defensive effort against NC was extremely impressive, with a few ankle taps that stopped the NC Calvary in their tracks. Such a shame TGS missed out on the opportunity of poaching this Scrumhalf when he made the move from NZ in u12s…
Agree with this, Nick Conway against Gt was outstanding, his footwork is amazing

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey all,

The match fixtures for this coming week is as follows: (home team on the left)

TGS vs GT
BBC vs BGS
IGS vs IGS
BSHS vs ACGS

Kind Regards,
Interested to see Gt vs TGS considering the boys from up the range haven't started the best after being hyped up to be a real contender, but they did gut up against BGS last week and GT coming off the best game I've seen from them where they were simply outplayed, will be a great game how exciting is this.

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
Xavier Coorey injured during 2023 however he is back from injury for 2024. A boy from out west at Goondiwindi who loves mustering cattle and plaing footy, the young hooker will take the 2024 season head on
thanks dom coorey - tell your brother to go home early from regatta
don't know who the coorey's are but please keep this rugby related, no more sprinkling

I suspect a terrace man only talking in school time, get back to economics

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Who is the bets young gun in the entire GPS comp?
U16 AND BELOW??
love to hear from @tikkamungrel_3000 and @Quick_Tap_Tony
From BGS U16:
Best Forward: Dyer Akauola #8, Of Tongan descent, Akauola brings a sense of go forward for the BGS pack, with footwork well above most in the GPS.

Best Back: Harper Enasio #12: After an impactful start to the game against Churchie, Enasio was menacing to Churchie with ball in hand, constantly surpassing the advantage line, unfortunately he was sidelined after a hipdrop tackle.

Best Player: Ricky "the stud" Wang #2: After a riveting start to the GPS season Wang has cemented himself as one of the best front rowers in the entire comp. His low centre of gravity coupled with his broad frame complements his ability to steam roll defensive lines. While Wang is not the lineout thrower for his team his versatility across the field is unmatched due to his footy IQ which allows him to read the play, phases in advance. His workrate remains an underrated aspect of his game as he is able to chop low and quickly reload to his feet serving as a nuisance at the breakdown. My only complaint would be Wang's haircut as his hair constantly gets in his eyes during games.

Footy GOD

Bob McCowan (2)
From BGS U16:
Best Forward: Dyer Akauola #8, Of Tongan descent, Akauola brings a sense of go forward for the BGS pack, with footwork well above most in the GPS.

Best Back: Harper Enasio #12: After an impactful start to the game against Churchie, Enasio was menacing to Churchie with ball in hand, constantly surpassing the advantage line, unfortunately he was sidelined after a hipdrop tackle.

Best Player: Ricky "the stud" Wang #2: After a riveting start to the GPS season Wang has cemented himself as one of the best front rowers in the entire comp. His low centre of gravity coupled with his broad frame complements his ability to steam roll defensive lines. While Wang is not the lineout thrower for his team his versatility across the field is unmatched due to his footy IQ which allows him to read the play, phases in advance. His workrate remains an underrated aspect of his game as he is able to chop low and quickly reload to his feet serving as a nuisance at the breakdown. My only complaint would be Wang's haircut as his hair constantly gets in his eyes during games.
Thanks Guan Syun,

I have had the privilege to see Ricky Wang play this year at Ross Oval, and must say, the future looks promising. He has been on fire so far this season, and I believe with a stronger team surrounding him, he will be unstoppable. Must say, it is extremely pleasing to see Wang shine on Ross, even with the lopsided score line favoring Nudgee. I am electrified knowing that he has another season to show his worth with the BGS side. If he puts in the hard yards this coming preseason, I really believe we are in for something special in the 2025 season.

Cheers, FG.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Who is the bets young gun in the entire GPS comp?
U16 AND BELOW??
love to hear from @tikkamungrel_3000 and @Quick_Tap_Tony
For me, it's Max Fallon, a GT boy in the 15B's. Of Fijian descent, he's grown up playing footy—he lives and breathes it. Word around the Terrace camp is that he's being hailed as the next Reece Walsh. While I'm still on the fence about whether that's a name I'd want to be compared to, I can't deny that I was never in the running to be compared to any professionals myself.

I hope that everyone back in Brisbane is staying nice and dry,

TM_3000

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)

Such a dominant player, his physicality is unmatched. Just take a look at the training he does and the size of him.

Footy GOD

Bob McCowan (2)
For me, it's Max Fallon, a GT boy in the 15B's. Of Fijian descent, he's grown up playing footy—he lives and breathes it. Word around the Terrace camp is that he's being hailed as the next Reece Walsh. While I'm still on the fence about whether that's a name I'd want to be compared to, I can't deny that I was never in the running to be compared to any professionals myself.

I hope that everyone back in Brisbane is staying nice and dry,

TM_3000
Yeah, sounds interesting, TM, might have to keep a keen eye out. Nice and soggy up here. The Fallon name has been popping around the grounds recently in the crowds every now and again. May have to dedicate a Saturday to see what's going on? Must admit though, Ricky Wang has been compared to the likes of Tino Fa'asuamaleaui!! Things are shaping up nicely in the GPS. Hopefully some talent filters through to the NRL. been absolutely soft this year.

FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.