• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
CANTEEN RANKINGS:

1. ACGS - Great chicken burger and chips, wide variety of snacks for a good price
2. NC - Good burgers and well priced
3. BGS - Really great burgers
4. IGS - Banging bacon and egg burger and very efficient serving
5. GT - Great chips and the line runs smoothly
6. TGS - Pretty good food but steep pricings and also not much choice for a proper meal
7. BSHS (Fursden) - Cook up a good burger on the grill, however the canteen is very small and clogs up very easily
8. BBC - Expensive and poor food quality, always a extensive line
9. TSS - Not much great to say, very expensive, no variety and also always a big line. The burgers are soggy and seem to have been sitting around for a while.
Post Match Food Function back from back in 2019 IN MY OPINION

1. TSS
2. GT
3. IGS
4. ACGSS
5. BSHS
6. BBC
7. BGS
8. TGS
9. NC

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Larry Dwyer (12)
Would be keen to hear some opinions from EX or active 1stXV players on the change room rankings. Back when i played we used to just have to chuck our bags on the bench and get changed on the field.

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
CANTEEN RANKINGS:

1. ACGS - Great chicken burger and chips, wide variety of snacks for a good price
2. NC - Good burgers and well priced
3. BGS - Really great burgers
4. IGS - Banging bacon and egg burger and very efficient serving
5. GT - Great chips and the line runs smoothly
6. TGS - Pretty good food but steep pricings and also not much choice for a proper meal
7. BSHS (Fursden) - Cook up a good burger on the grill, however the canteen is very small and clogs up very easily
8. BBC - Expensive and poor food quality, always a extensive line
9. TSS - Not much great to say, very expensive, no variety and also always a big line. The burgers are soggy and seem to have been sitting around for a while.
Don’t get me started on TSS canteen…

Will Devine is a new name. Was he the red head gear kid who wore 19 who replaced J. Hogan
Evening all,
Firstly,, I want to introduce myself formally to the forum. I am a TGS old boy finishing in 2004, I played in the first, and yes, for all those asking I do remember facing the feared Ben McCormack. Sidenote: Ben McCormack was an absolutely outstanding player back in his heyday and an even better coach, from what I hear.
Yeah, look a little bit of news I have heard about this young fella for a while. I have a close family friend whose son played with Will growing up. He is a big, strapping young man standing at 6'3 and has put on a lot of size in the off-season. He is a damaging ball carrier, as he displayed on the weekend coming on for the 1's, and I am thrilled to see him playing this weekend. He has worked tirelessly to make it and deserves his opportunity, wouldn't be surprised if he has a blinder this weekend.

Hope everyone enjoys a massive week of 1st XV rugby
Frank Vogel
"Salads don't win scrums" - Ox Niche

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Evening all,
Firstly,, I want to introduce myself formally to the forum. I am a TGS old boy finishing in 2004, I played in the first, and yes, for all those asking I do remember facing the feared Ben McCormack. Sidenote: Ben McCormack was an absolutely outstanding player back in his heyday and an even better coach, from what I hear.
Yeah, look a little bit of news I have heard about this young fella for a while. I have a close family friend whose son played with Will growing up. He is a big, strapping young man standing at 6'3 and has put on a lot of size in the off-season. He is a damaging ball carrier, as he displayed on the weekend coming on for the 1's, and I am thrilled to see him playing this weekend. He has worked tirelessly to make it and deserves his opportunity, wouldn't be surprised if he has a blinder this weekend.

Hope everyone enjoys a massive week of 1st XV rugby
Frank Vogel
TGS old boy should be good friends with @TheGPSBloke

HarryHits

Stan Wickham (3)
Coming from a man who is only new to the 'GPS' ? What is all this NC slander about?
Agree. There are rarely comments that support NC. Seems to be a lot of jealousy for a school that dominates year in and out across all age groups and divisions. Lots of talk about coaches who are ex wallabies etc etc. seems like NC does not need this as they instill at a young age skills knowledge and belief in their students. Where as other schools wait to 16s to do this. When you as a young fellow have lost year in and out by big scores to Nudgee the psychological impact of knowing you haven’t beaten them is there. If you look at the scores from any week but let’s pick round 2, the only time Nudgee lost was when they had to play against another NC team.

50/23

Peter Burge (5)
TSS clearly couldnt hack it against nudgee but i wonder if that was from the pressure of playing on ross or poor lead up towards the round.

HarryHits

Stan Wickham (3)
TSS clearly couldnt hack it against nudgee but i wonder if that was from the pressure of playing on ross or poor lead up towards the round.
Could have been the pressure. But they were touted as contenders for the premiership and if you can’t handle the pressure of playing on Ross and end up losing convincingly, you need to reassess what you are doing. The forward ran out of steam quickly and Kingsley, touted as being one of the best, was missing all game.

Reactions: FTF

Taniela Mcreight

Stan Wickham (3)
As we near Saturdays arrangements I would like to throw out my game day predictions.
GT will take out BGS (+12). it will be hard fought from the grammar boys, but I think GT come out on top.
IGS will take out BBC (+5). I think this is gonna be a really good match up, IGS will have heaps of confidence, but BBC will be wanting (needing)their first win.
NC vs ACGS (+19). It wont quite be the blood bath that NC made last week, but still NC will reign dominance with their strong f/pack and electric back line.
TSS vs TGS. I'm really unsure about this game, let me know what you think.