• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
I think they dont work well in a team environment like this. I have heard they are quite an arrogant side, whose egos get in the way of the teams goals and intentions. Correct me if im wrong but that is just the vibe i get from them.
I could see that aswell. Boys that have been signed to various teams, think there bigger than everyone else... Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Opinions on the forward pack for GT this weekend (according to Rugby Xplorer)
1. Alec Weir
2. Cody Harkins
3. Charlie Hollyman
4. charlie Cross
5. Will Devine
6. Rupert McGrath
7. Archie Ilott
8. Nathaniel Wines
Will Devine is a new name. Was he the red head gear kid who wore 19 who replaced J. Hogan

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey all,
This is a bit of a new one but as a former GPS player back in '01, as well as a coach from '19-'23 I'd like to rank each main oval. Criteria for my rankings include - Grass Quality, Grandstands, Fertilizer, Canteen Options, Away Seating, Fertilizer Choice, Scoreboards and finally overall ATMOSPHERE.

1st - Give me OLD BOYS - TGS
2nd - Give me ROSS - NC
3rd - Give me..... IGS MAIN OVAL - BRASSALL
4th -Give me TENNYSON - GT
5th- Give me OLD BOYS - TSS
6th - Give me MISKIN - BBC
7th - Give me NO. 1 OVAL - BGS
8th - Give me FURSDEN - BSHS

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey all,
This is a bit of a new one but as a former GPS player back in '01, as well as a coach from '19-'23 I'd like to rank each main oval. Criteria for my rankings include - Grass Quality, Grandstands, Fertilizer, Canteen Options, Away Seating, Fertilizer Choice, Scoreboards and finally overall ATMOSPHERE.

2nd - Give me ROSS - NC
I'm not sure about the IGS rating and I would move both TSS and BBC in to 3rd and 4th sliding IGS and GT down and i would agree TGS has quality grass and canteen options but I'm not sure if the atmosphere of a full grandstand at Ross can be beaten especially as an away team at TGS has to sit on a grass hill

bigmoneybrown

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey all,

2nd - Give me ROSS - NC
There is no way you think Brassall is that good. I’d have it down in the bottom 3 with bshs and bgs

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey all,

2nd - Give me ROSS - NC
Great list. Love the categories used. Had a little chuckle to myself though because IGS being at three means it relies heavily on Grass Quality (which is top notch) and scoreboard because apart from that everything else is below par.

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
Opinions on the forward pack for GT this weekend (according to Rugby Xplorer)
1. Alec Weir
2. Cody Harkins
3. Charlie Hollyman
4. charlie Cross
5. Will Devine
6. Rupert McGrath
7. Archie Ilott
8. Nathaniel Wines
I’m still surprised GT aren’t utilising Charlie Grieves especially in Brisbane Grammar Round. Cousins with the Great Xavier Stiles (GT), and nephew to wallaby great Nick Stiles (GT) footy courses through this kids veins.

HarrytheImposter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Look, we can talk down on BBC for their arrogance or loss to BSHS etc. But we simply can't just overlook them. From the likes of Jack Randall (QLD u16s) or front rower Oscar Donovan, this team is certainly still a strong side.
Thank Harry.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm not sure about the IGS rating and I would move both TSS and BBC in to 3rd and 4th sliding IGS and GT down and i would agree TGS has quality grass and canteen options but I'm not sure if the atmosphere of a full grandstand at Ross can be beaten especially as an away team at TGS has to sit on a grass hill
Thanks for the opinon,
As i always say, my take is always just an opion. Mabye it was just back in '01 but Brassall used to be one of the most exciting places to play for me. I remember the scent in the air of the post game catering lingering throughout my days there.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey all,

2nd - Give me ROSS - NC
Forgot Churchie (ACGS) I would personally put it at 3