• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Peterfinnegan

Frank Row (1)
Rumors circulating on huge game tomorrow BBC V BSHS a must watch game ( title clencher??) with BBC's young gun Isaac "The Nightmare" Kefu making an exciting debut appearance and Lucas "The Pitbull" Clifford Battling against BSHS's one to watch roman 'sui" suielepa future LA Galaxy star and Tik Tok Phenom Tyrese Herniman with smooth moves and dancing feet to attempt to take down the Green,White and Black. Still awaiting conformation on Animal Farm star Nate Barnett AKA "Boxer" who not only plays a pivitol role in BBC's rugby squad but also the menacing drama team. Another point to twist your heads is the dynamic coaching duo of Toutai and Steve who will be backing up the state schools team hoping to continue their winning ways.......

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

OldBack

Stan Wickham (3)
Seen alot of mixed reports about the NC vs TSS game will be very interesting how the game will play out especially as NC hasn't lost at home since 2019.
1721373491956.png

outsidechance

Frank Row (1)
View attachment 19954
What do we think about only having 3 current GPS players ( Kingsley Uys, Treyvon Pritchard, Bennett Armistead)
Ok so I can't help myself. Rugby needs to fix their pathways asap. This team is filled with likely great players and lots of potential. However it's the players who aren't here that is the problem. Lots of GPS, CAS etc kids missing who also play in the NRL system. And where are the country kids or public school lads. Rugby draws from a very narrow pool and it is showing at the elite level.

For example - would GPS beat AAGPS or CAS for that matter - who would know. There is no national school competition.

Then there is the schoolboys champs earlier this month. Few NRL linked players and no Academy players. I was at both the Australian rugby and rugby league schoolboys titles, NRL scouts everywhere. I have nephews in both systems, 2 in GPS in QLD and 1 in AAGPS/Harold Matts in Sydney, so I'm a keen observer.

The level of professionalism and organisation is very apparent in the league pathways - the NRL linked nephews is developing his skill levels way faster. Even the other lads are noticing and talking about playing league next year to get better. They love union, have pride in their schools but feel like they are falling behind.....

outsidechance

Frank Row (1)
Just a thought ahead for GT V ACGS tomorrow at Tennyson. Renowned for being windy, Tennyson will as per usual have some howling winds, and with first choice goal-kicker Treyvon Pritchard out this weekend, the kicking responsibilities will be handed over to Fletcher Austin. Austin has been extremely poor with goal-kicking in previous seasons, and i imagine it will be no different tomorrow. ACGS will need to score a few more tries than GT to take the pressure of Austin's conversions if they want to win this game.
Agree Austin may struggle kicking for ACGS given it was an ankle injury. They have pulled up an U16 at fullback as reports suggest the 2nds gun goal kicker had a season ending injury against BGS. Terrace may exploit the inexperienced 15 in the wind at Tennyson.

BBC game will be super interesting, TGS just couldn't handle the BSHS lock. If BBC can lock him up it will be interesting. Kiama is a big loss though.

NC v TSS will be fascinating - the comp could be wide open after today.

TGS will bounce back, they were much better than the score suggests. Tactical blunders, mistakes and poor one on one defending at key moments - fix that and they will be back on track. I understand it's a young side ?? First round gitters perhaps?

Coden

Frank Row (1)
well well well. Nice to see the bbc boys have been put to bed. Maybe next year fellas, back to the drawing board! Brisbane State High need to be considered a prem favourite. Overlooked all preseason and now silencing the old timers. God i LOVE FOOTY
I think it is clear now. Where BBC went wrong was not holding onto the Kefu brothers. With all the resources BBC have, and State High don’t have, it became purely about the quality of coaching. The Kefu’s totally outclassed the BBC coaching team. As a State High supporter, I’m glad you let them go. I’ve also heard whispers the DOR and Head of Sport at BBC are hugely to blame.