• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Frank Row (1)
Quick Question From QTT.

Do you guys believe that any QLD GPS school would be able to compete in the superior and faster NSW AAGPS competition. I say NO due to the little success the QLD Reds Academies have had against the NSW Waratahs Academies.
Treyvon Pritchard, Lucas Clifford, Nicholas Conway would still be top players in the AAGPS comp down in Sydney

Scrum Doctor4300

Frank Row (1)
Will Chuck O’Connel be quiet or will he be barking and steer the brothers to a victory.
TSS 10 Dallas ingram was very impressive last week against GT steering his Southport brothers around the park with crisp passing and lengthy clearance kicks. This young gun will play a crucial factor in leading TSS to victory on the fortress of ross oval. A true battle of the fly half's

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Frank Row (1)
Yes, I appreciate the comment.
The significance of the Indigenous round goes beyond the game itself. It’s a powerful reminder of the cultural heritage and history that we are all part of. The special Aboriginal jersey and the ceremony by the Terrace Barrambin students add a layer of depth and meaning to the event. It's a fantastic opportunity to honor and recognize the contributions of Indigenous players, like Nate Wines, who bring strength and pride to their teams.

Nate’s return from injury and his debut as a starting blindside flanker is a story of resilience and determination. His journey from the Gold Coast hinterland to this moment is inspiring, and it’s heartening to see the support from his community. Watching him perform, especially in this significant round, will undoubtedly be a highlight. Here’s hoping he gets that try and celebrates with a shake-a-leg, bringing the crowd to its feet!

Good luck to both GT and ACGS, this will be a special round for all. :)
Is there an echo in the room mate?
If you can't think of original content then don't post on this forum.
Cheers mate

TheGPSBloke

Chris McKivat (8)
Quick Question From QTT.

Do you guys believe that any QLD GPS school would be able to compete in the superior and faster NSW AAGPS competition. I say NO due to the little success the QLD Reds Academies have had against the NSW Waratahs Academies.
You have to give NC a crack I reckon QTT. AAGPS operates a bit different with only 6 schools competing in both a Home and Away comp. NC would most likely place bottom or second from the bottom. That’s off this year though. However sides I believe in the past that would compete, and run a successful campaign would be ACGS 2014-2015, BSHS 2009, TGS 1997 and 2016 Gregory Terrace.

THEHAMMERLOVER

Frank Row (1)
Hey all, just wanted to touch on that GT vs ACGS 16A game fixture and provide my thoughts on the football game to come. I reckon the match up of the round will be in the hooking department. Both UNKNOWN and Hamish 'the Hammer' Clifton. Clifton is an up and coming superstar Hamish 'The Hammer' Clifton who is dominating the 16A competition. Clifton has been made aware that he will see minutes in the 1st XV competition this year off the bench and is keen to make an impact in the big leagues. On the other hand, UNKNOWN is well known for his gutsy ball carry. He will look to exploit Clifton's lack of agility but it will be a great match up and one for the ages. I'm eager to see how the game is played out and am expecting a big game from the pair of them. Best of wishes to all the respective teams in the GPS, and I am hoping all games are played out with heart, passion and brutality, just like in the old days when i was running around.

Kind Regards, HOPPO

HarrytheImposter

Frank Row (1)
Quick Question From QTT.

Great question,
I believe there will be an initial domination by the NSW AAGPS competition in the first few years.. However, as time goes by and QLD GPS adapt and build there side the tables may turn and the maroon jersey will be able to claim victory.

If any thoughts, question or concerns arise feel free to reply to this message down below. :)

bigmoneybrown

Stan Wickham (3)
You have to give NC a crack I reckon QTT. AAGPS operates a bit different with only 6 schools competing in both a Home and Away comp. NC would most likely place bottom or second from the bottom. That’s off this year though. However sides I believe in the past that would compete, and run a successful campaign would be ACGS 2014-2015, BSHS 2009, TGS 1997 and 2016 Gregory Terrace.
is bshs 2009 the most dominant gps team of all time?

Quick_Tap_Tony

Frank Row (1)
Round Two Team of The Week (Prediction)

1. Donovan (BBC)
2. Solofa (ACGS)
3. Sau (BSHS)
4. O'Neil (BBC)
5. Williams (ACGS)
6. Hart (NC)
7. Picot (BSHS)
8. Nasser (GT)
9. Brown (TGS)
10. Ingram (TSS)
11: Coombes (IGS)
12. C. Clifford (GT)
13. Poese (GT)
14. Conway (NC)
15. Beatie (TGS)

TheGPSBloke

Chris McKivat (8)
Just want to shed light on some information I learnt recently from one of brother Banjo.

Joe Grice, a traditional second rower, has been called up to the Gregory Terrace 1st XV bench. With the recent injury to Flanker/Lock forward Rupert McGrath, Joe will potentially get minutes against ACGS. He’s a country boy and just does his role. Whether be winning a lineout, getting a jackal or putting a low chop on. Excited to see if he gets minutes.

TheGPSBloke

Chris McKivat (8)
Round Two Team of The Week (Prediction)

1. Donovan (BBC)
2. Solofa (ACGS)
3. Sau (BSHS)
4. O'Neil (BBC)
5. Williams (ACGS)
6. Hart (NC)
7. Picot (BSHS)
8. Nasser (GT)
9. Brown (TGS)
10. Ingram (TSS)
11: Coombes (IGS)
12. C. Clifford (GT)
13. Poese (GT)
14. Conway (NC)
15. Beatie (TGS)
Feel like Archie Illot has been hard done by here. Might be a bold call but this bloke deserves a spot in this team.

HarrytheImposter

Frank Row (1)
Hey all, just wanted to touch on that GT vs ACGS 16A game fixture and provide my thoughts on the football game to come. I reckon the match up of the round will be in the hooking department. Both UNKNOWN and Hamish 'the Hammer' Clifton. Clifton is an up and coming superstar Hamish 'The Hammer' Clifton who is dominating the 16A competition. Clifton has been made aware that he will see minutes in the 1st XV competition this year off the bench and is keen to make an impact in the big leagues. On the other hand, UNKNOWN is well known for his gutsy ball carry. He will look to exploit Clifton's lack of agility but it will be a great match up and one for the ages. I'm eager to see how the game is played out and am expecting a big game from the pair of them. Best of wishes to all the respective teams in the GPS, and I am hoping all games are played out with heart, passion and brutality, just like in the old days when i was running around.

Kind Regards, HOPPO
He'll be filling some big boots with crucial ball carrier Nick Weir going out with a devastating partial ACL tear last Saturday.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Frank Row (1)
Feel like Archie Illot has been hard done by here. Might be a bold call but this bloke deserves a spot in this team.
Is Illot the GT number 7. If so he I thought he had a strong showing round one earning his team two turnovers and making countless tackles. However he was not my second choice either as Joey Gray only missed out on this selection by a hair. He did not have his best game vs state high last Saturday however he is hungry this week to avenge there loss. Despite his hunger Trent Picot in my opinion is the inform breakaway of the comp and I would not at all be surprised if he replicates last weeks performance this week vs BBC.

TheGPSBloke

Chris McKivat (8)
Is Illot the GT number 7. If so he I thought he had a strong showing round one earning his team two turnovers and making countless tackles. However he was not my second choice either as Joey Gray only missed out on this selection by a hair. He did not have his best game vs state high last Saturday however he is hungry this week to avenge there loss. Despite his hunger Trent Picot in my opinion is the inform breakaway of the comp and I would not at all be surprised if he replicates last weeks performance this week vs BBC.
Surely for your TOTW you would play Nasser at 6 as a breakaway, and put Roman in at 8?!