• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Cheesyqdingle

Peter Burge (5)
My tips for tomorrow:
TGS win by 7 +
Churchie win by 14 +
TSS win by 3 +
BBC win by 14 +
I think TGS will win by more then 1 try. Churchie will struggle with apparently no Pritchard but still will get the win. Don't see TSS coming to Ross Oval and upsetting a heavy premiership favourite and without Keats or Kiame BBC will struggle to beat BSHS I have BSHS by 7.

TheGPSBloke

Chris McKivat (8)
TheGPSBloke’s Forwards and Backs of round 1 in the QLD GPS Competition.

Forward of the round - Obviously Roman Siulepa.
This number 8 set up 4 tries, and set up 2, not really much else I can say here. However, I have heard rumours of the Tasmanian NBL team attempting to sue BSHS. If someone could confirm this please let me know.

Honourable Mentions - Blaze Moana
Moana can throw and set up a successful rolling maul not sure what else you could ask for off a schoolboy 2.

Honourable Mentions - Lucas ‘The Pitbull’ Clifford
What an impactful player for BBC against downlands. Very effective when it comes to scrum time, and when there needs to be a hit against the oppostion. ‘Post contact meters’ are three words which describe this player. Very interested to see if BBC use him of the bench against BSHS.

Back of the round - Treyvon Pritchard
Very unfortunate he’s out this week, but this First XV debutant led Churchie to a victory over a hungry BGS side. He scored 12 points from off the tee. Hopefully this young gun is back healthy soon.

Honourable Mention - George ‘Jack Russel’ Hales
The Jack Russel had many gutsy snipes against a strong TSS defensive line, paired with excellent service from off the deck to his FlyHalf Sam Mcghan.

Cheers,
TheGPSBloke.

Last edited:

joshchi temuways

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think TGS will win by more then 1 try. Churchie will struggle with apparently no Pritchard but still will get the win. Don't see TSS coming to Ross Oval and upsetting a heavy premiership favourite and without Keats or Kiame BBC will struggle to beat BSHS I have BSHS by 7.
I think TGS and BSHS are both pretenders. round one TGS were looking sloppy through the backs and didn't have much flair, state high won through capitalizing in broken play. I believe BBC at home will pull apart state high. Nudgee and TSS will be a cracking game! could go either way. My premiership contenders are BBC, TSS, NC

Quick_Tap_Tony

Frank Row (1)
Hello Forum. This is my first post for a while. After months of reading and reacting I thought it would be my time to weigh in. With round two of the 2024 season a sleep away this is what I think will happen in my game of the round. And yes I know that the game between Nudgee v TSS on Ross is set to be a cracker however Churchie @ Terrace has caught my eye due to the epic duals that have occurred in the past four years between the two sides.

Churchie (A) vs Gregory Terrace (H):

Churchie is coming off a 37-20 win against BGS, where as the home side (GT) had a tough 34-5 loss down the coast against TSS. Since 2021 Churchie have won three straight times over the Spring Hill boys however the three games in question have all been contenders for game of the season all finishing with a margin of less than 6 points. Churchie is predicted to make it 4 straight against GT as they are the favourites however, with news circulating that AUS U18 member Treyvon Pritchard is out due to injury it could certainly affect the boys from east Brisbane's performance. However it is not all bad for Churchie as 2023 QLD u16 player and 2023 fullback for Churchie 1st XV Fletcher Austin is returning from an ankle injury to fill the void at Fly-Half. Churchie's back line looked hot on Saturday with the likes of robust inside centre Max Blanch breaking the line multiple times as well as second year halfback Hugh Rylance giving first class and quick service off the deck. However this leaves us to question who will don the 15 jersey for the Churchie 1st XV. The Vikings forward pack is one the larger side. The pack is led by Harry Solofa who some would say is the inform hooker in the comp. Jye Crothers a big ball running forward also looked strong on the weekend. Despite Gregory Terrace's Poor showing in round one they look ready for Saturday. Terrace looks to have the smallest 15 in the GPS however they have plenty of heart and are creative. Despite being down by 29 points with 25 minutes to go they kept fighting hard with relentless attack. There backs are dangerous especially off set piece. Sam Russell showed his class on the weekend with a couple good runs and an inspiring full field try saving tackle. However Terrace's strong point is there centre pairing. Connor Clifford (12) who is there vice captain in year 11 played for the U16 QLD reds, despite being small in stature he runs as hard as anyone while also having amazing hands and Saia Poese (13) in my opinion is the most electric player in the comp. Despite being quite on Saturday for his standard he still had two line breaks and broke plenty of tackles. However Terrace's key player is in my opinion the best forward in the comp Oliver Nasser. Nasser is a number 8 who is as quick as a winger and as strong as a prop. He had four line breaks off set piece and was a beast on defence. Nate Wines is also returning from an injury after missing round one. Wines is replacing Rupert McGrath who also came off injured against TSS. Wines is a big backrower who is powerful and runs hard. Terrace has plenty of upside however there set piece has been a poor. If they are to complete a couple more set piece plays they could certainly prove the Terrace doubters wrong tomorrow.

In Conclusion my prediction is that GT upsets Churchie on International Oval. This is due to Churchie losing there star player Treyvon Pritchard. Nonetheless it will be high scoring and a cracker of the game. My Final Prediction is GT 38 - 33 ACCGS

footybaby

Stan Wickham (3)
Hello Forum. This is my first post for a while. After months of reading and reacting I thought it would be my time to weigh in. With round two of the 2024 season a sleep away this is what I think will happen in my game of the round. And yes I know that the game between Nudgee v TSS on Ross is set to be a cracker however Churchie @ Terrace has caught my eye due to the epic duals that have occurred in the past four years between the two sides.

Churchie is coming off a 37-20 win against BGS, where as the home side (GT) had a tough 34-5 loss down the coast against TSS. Since 2021 Churchie have won three straight times over the Spring Hill boys however the three games in question have all been contenders for game of the season all finishing with a margin of less than 6 points. Churchie is predicted to make it 4 straight against GT as they are the favourites however, with news circulating that AUS U18 member Treyvon Pritchard is out due to injury it could certainly affect the boys from east Brisbane's performance. However it is not all bad for Churchie as 2023 QLD u16 player and 2023 fullback for Churchie 1st XV Fletcher Austin is returning from an ankle injury to fill the void at Fly-Half. Churchie's back line looked hot on Saturday with the likes of robust inside centre Max Blanch breaking the line multiple times as well as second year halfback Hugh Rylance giving first class and quick service off the deck. However this leaves us to question who will don the 15 jersey for the Churchie 1st XV. The Vikings forward pack is one the larger side. The pack is led by Harry Solofa who some would say is the inform hooker in the comp. Jye Crothers a big ball running forward also looked strong on the weekend. Despite Gregory Terrace's Poor showing in round one they look ready for Saturday. Terrace looks to have the smallest 15 in the GPS however they have plenty of heart and are creative. Despite being down by 29 points with 25 minutes to go they kept fighting hard with relentless attack. There backs are dangerous especially off set piece. Sam Russell showed his class on the weekend with a couple good runs and an inspiring full field try saving tackle. However Terrace's strong point is there centre pairing. Connor Clifford (12) who is there vice captain in year 11 played for the U16 QLD reds, despite being small in stature he runs as hard as anyone while also having amazing hands and Saia Poese (13) in my opinion is the most electric player in the comp. Despite being quite on Saturday for his standard he still had two line breaks and broke plenty of tackles. However Terrace's key player is in my opinion the best forward in the comp Oliver Nasser. Nasser is a number 8 who is as quick as a winger and as strong as a prop. He had four line breaks off set piece and was a beast on defence. Nate Wines is also returning from an injury after missing round one. Wines is replacing Rupert McGrath who also came off injured against TSS. Wines is a big backrower who is powerful and runs hard. Terrace has plenty of upside however there set piece has been a poor. If they are to complete a couple more set piece plays they could certainly prove the Terrace doubters wrong tomorrow.

In Conclusion my prediction is that GT upsets Churchie on International Oval. This is due to Churchie losing there star player Treyvon Pritchard. Nonetheless it will be high scoring and a cracker of the game. My Final Prediction is GT 38 - 33 ACCGS
To be honest mate I didn't read all that but all I know is Trevon is out and George "Jack Russel" Hales will be sniffing all game so GT can win this

AverageFootyFanatic

Stan Wickham (3)
Getting ready for a big road trip to BRISVEGAS this afternoon, the fellas and I will be stepping foot into enemy territory this weekend and are scouting out some young bucks for TSS!!!
Regards A.F.F.

beastmode_101

Bob McCowan (2)
My tips for tomorrow:
TGS win by 7 +
Churchie win by 14 +
TSS win by 3 +
BBC win by 14 +
TGS 14+ - TGS win by a lot more than 7 being at home and looking for redemption after last weeks incident
GT 7+ - GT will get the job done at home with churchie having a huge loss of Treyvon not playing
NC 5+ - I just don't see NC losing for there first game on Ross
BBC 3+ -but will struggle against a hungry state high team coming into round 2 with a lot of confidence and momentum. and with key players suffering injuries it will be a very close game

TheGPSBloke’s Forwards and Backs of round 1 in the QLD GPS Competition.

Forward of the round - Obviously Roman Siulepa.
This number 8 set up 4 tries, and set up 2, not really much else I can say here. However, I have heard rumours of the Tasmanian NBL team attempting to sue BSHS. If someone could confirm this please let me know.

Honourable Mentions - Blaze Moana
Moana can throw and set up a successful rolling maul not sure what else you could ask for off a schoolboy 2.

Honourable Mentions - Lucas ‘The Pitbull’ Clifford
What an impactful player for BBC against downlands. Very effective when it comes to scrum time, and when there needs to be a hit against the oppostion. ‘Post contact meters’ are three words which describe this player. Very interested to see if BBC use him of the bench against BSHS.

Back of the round - Treyvon Pritchard
Very unfortunate he’s out this week, but this First XV debutant led Churchie to a victory over a hungry BGS side. He scored 12 points from off the tee. Hopefully this young gun is back healthy soon.

Honourable Mention - George ‘Jack Russel’ Hales
The Jack Russel had many gutsy snipes against a strong TSS defensive line, paired with excellent service from off the deck to his FlyHalf Sam Mcghan.

Cheers,
TheGPSBloke.
Happy to see that both of the players that i mentioned on this forum before see themselves in this list. Especially Lucas Clifford who is well deserving of this spot. Hopefully the BBC program can notice the talent that the wrecking ball from Nana Glen has.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Frank Row (1)

Love this prediction.
Nasser looks set for a big game, and Poese after being quiet last week will run a muck around the subpar Churchie outside backs. Austin and Blanch will have to play extremely well for the Churchie backline to get any go forward off set piece starter plays against the well drilled backline of GT.
Can't wait for this game. Also July 20th marks Indigenous round for the GT boys. With a special aboriginal jersey and a wonderful ceremony to be performed by the Terrace Barrambin students, this game simply cannot get much better. Nate Wines, an indigenous student at Terrace in his senior year will don the number 6 jersey this weekend, in a special afternoon for the young man and his family. Back from a shoulder injury in round 1, Wines will be primed for a big showing in his first XV starting debut. From the Gold Coast hinterland, Nate is a strong and bulky blindside flanker who has delivered for the college since arriving in under 15s. Would be great to see him score a try tomorrow and entertain the crowd with a shake-a-leg.
Good luck to you Nate, us mob is right behind you brother.

rugbyfreak2289

Frank Row (1)
quite the prediction here fellas, here are my own.

TGS host ippy at home, TGS by 7. coming off the back of a loss to a rampaging state high pack i believe TGS can bounce back this week, using that loss as fuel against a young and strong ippy pack. Skippa Joey Grey just to quiet in there recent clash against state high i believe, didn’t make much as an impact as i’d imagine. if they use their strengths through their massive forward pack to their advantage they’d have a cracker game and really give this ipswich side a good country thrashing. Also toowoomba at home will be hard to beat. However young’s guns ezalle, tyson walker and finn kendall have made a statement early in the season for ipp, coming off a loss at home these boys to will be hungry for a win. Regardless of the outcome this will be a good game.

BSHS host BBC on miskin in what will be my game of the round, this one will either be a blowout or a close one for me and these are my reasons, both these teams showed outstanding performances in their preseasons. I believe with the addition of new coaches to both sides there’s been a major culture shift in both the BBC side and BSHS pack. Both very well disciplined teams, with world class set piece. it’ll be hard for state high no doubt however they will give BBC a good run for their money on miskin. However, with classy 9 keats and dangerous all rounder kiama out i do believe the boys in the green white and black will struggle to fill these holes but this will be no challenge for them. If state high manage to get the ball running early like they did last week then i don’t see BBC stopping this rampaging state high pack. Again I mention star player Roman Siulepa because how could you not after that performance against the boys in the gold and blue, alongside him his cousin the ’silent asassin’ trent picot dangerous if given day light at the ruck and very underrated Latu, the centre dangerous ball running and defence, he will be good for State High. From BBC the skippa Tyler Mayberry with the switch to the back row, will be a major threat for the BSHS pack alonside him Austin Neame. With the addition of Nate Barnett out the back with star 10 charlie bird, this duo will be one to look out for come saturday.

Nudgee host TSS on ross - TSS by 5.
TSS will come away with a win on ross, after a comfortable win at home against premiership favourites Terrace, TSS set piece will dominate here, Villami Fifita what a player! The young gun out of Gold Coast has made a statement alongside him, his parter in crime Petos this two have really made their presence known in the opening game of the season. Big major threats in defence, however their attacking game is unbelievable. However Credit where it’s due, ethan grimshaw out and conway to the wing, big move fo nudgee and i’m excited to see how they utilise conway out wide he will be a challenge for tss out wide. Grenfell to have yet another cracker of a match with his strong carrie’s and even stronger defence. However TSS scrums are second to none in this GPS comp so we’ll see how nudgee hold up.

Player watch: Joey Grey (7 TGS) Illy (10 TGS) Miles Rosemond (14 TGS). Ezalle (6 IGS) Walker (10 IGS) Kendall (13 IGS). Picot (7 BSHS) Siulepa (8 BSHS) Ngatai (9 BSHS). Mayberry (6 BBC) Barnett (15 BBC) Bird (10 BBC). Fifita (6 TSS) Petos (8 TSS) (12 TSS). Conway (14 nudgee) Hart (7 Nudgee) Grenfel (2 Nudgee)

Again this is from how i’ve viewed these teams and my opinion so let’s see how it all plays out. Bring on Round 2!

TheGPSBloke

Chris McKivat (8)
Love this prediction.
Nasser looks set for a big game, and Poese after being quiet last week will run a muck around the subpar Churchie outside backs. Austin and Blanch will have to play extremely well for the Churchie backline to get any go forward off set piece starter plays against the well drilled backline of GT.
Can't wait for this game. Also July 20th marks Indigenous round for the GT boys. With a special aboriginal jersey and a wonderful ceremony to be performed by the Terrace Barrambin students, this game simply cannot get much better. Nate Wines, an indigenous student at Terrace in his senior year will don the number 6 jersey this weekend, in a special afternoon for the young man and his family. Back from a shoulder injury in round 1, Wines will be primed for a big showing in his first XV starting debut. From the Gold Coast hinterland, Nate is a strong and bulky blindside flanker who has delivered for the college since arriving in under 15s. Would be great to see him score a try tomorrow and entertain the crowd with a shake-a-leg.
I believe they call him Winesy, what a player. A breakaway forward who isn’t scared to leave his corridor, and make some hits in the centre field.

TheGPSBloke

Chris McKivat (8)
This round of footy answers a lot of questions for me personally.

Is Jacob Johnston of NC, a dominant fullback or just a bloke who does ridiculous try celebrations, after getting put through holes? - We will find out this weekend.
Is George ‘Jack Russel’ Hales, one of the comps elite halves or does he just sniff and get lucky? - Confirming now it’s not luck, that’s a non-neogatiable.
Will Lucas Clifford be the difference BBC need in the second half against BSHS or will he stop barking? - We will find out this weekend.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Frank Row (1)
My score predictions for Round 2 of the GPS competition 2024:

GT will start fast, but under the steady leadership of inside centre Max Blanch i see a ACGS comeback. However, they will ultimately fall just short in an extremely entertaining game. Ollie Nasser will be my man of the match for GT once again. Give me GT 26 - ACGS 21

TGS will bounce back in a big way at home this weekend against Western rivals IGS. With talented backs, and hard working, tough forwards, i see this as too much of a threat for the likes of Ippy flyhalf Tyson Walker and co. TGS 41 - IGS 14

(GAME OF THE ROUND).
Nudgee College looked good but not great against Ipswich. The game remained tight until the last 15 minutes when Ipswich let in two soft tries to extend the lead to 19. The likes of John Grenfeld, Ed Kasporwicz and Nicholas Conway proved too strong for Ipswich to handle and i could see a repeat of this on Ross Oval at 2:15 tomorrow. TSS's forward pack was dominant in general play as well as set piece against an undersized but physical GT team. If TSS want to win this game it is imperative that they start fast and give NC a shock in front of their home crowd. This game will be high scoring and close but i think Nudgee will edge out TSS. NC 31 - TSS 26

BSHS shocked the competition with a thumping victory over heavyweights TGS. Roman Suilepa was damaging, alongside backrow counterpart Trent Picot, who is my smokey for an Australian schoolboys call-up come the end of the year. However BBC looks strong this weekend, despite the loss of their Aussie 16s representative Kiama Jione. At home, i have BBC taking this one out in another close yet high scoring battle. Watch out for the Kefu's, as Isaac makes his 1st XV debut at halfback for BBC, whilst his father and uncle will coach the BSHS boys to a hopeful victory. BBC 34 - BSHS 31

Grammar will look to build momentum heading into their round 3 clash with fellow spring hill residents Gregory Terrace. After a tough loss in round 1, they will be hungry for their first win in years.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Frank Row (1)
Quick Question From QTT.

Do you guys believe that any QLD GPS school would be able to compete in the superior and faster NSW AAGPS competition. I say NO due to the little success the QLD Reds Academies have had against the NSW Waratahs Academies.

HarrytheImposter

Frank Row (1)
Love this prediction.
Yes, I appreciate the comment.
The significance of the Indigenous round goes beyond the game itself. It’s a powerful reminder of the cultural heritage and history that we are all part of. The special Aboriginal jersey and the ceremony by the Terrace Barrambin students add a layer of depth and meaning to the event. It's a fantastic opportunity to honor and recognize the contributions of Indigenous players, like Nate Wines, who bring strength and pride to their teams.

Nate’s return from injury and his debut as a starting blindside flanker is a story of resilience and determination. His journey from the Gold Coast hinterland to this moment is inspiring, and it’s heartening to see the support from his community. Watching him perform, especially in this significant round, will undoubtedly be a highlight. Here’s hoping he gets that try and celebrates with a shake-a-leg, bringing the crowd to its feet!

Good luck to both GT and ACGS, this will be a special round for all. :)