• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

GetCheesed

Frank Row (1)
Ive been mustering cattle since I was 8 (Probably don’t know what that is), now I run a successful sheep farm in Northern New South Wales. You wouldn’t know tough if it hit you in the face.
You probably throw on a pair of Rm's and all of a sudden think you are a country bloke, absolutely disgraceful. If you want to know a real country bloke look no further than BBC 2023 first 15 prop Jacob Job. Don't get more country than that mate.

RazorRamon

Stan Wickham (3)
I have faith in my boys to bounce back this weekend against IGS to send a message to the rest of the competition that loosing to BSHS was a one off. Loosing the likes of Stanley Keats and Kiama Jione this weekend will impact the BBC side, however if BBC leaves a mark on Roman early, then i have faith in BBC going over.
Those are massive outs for BBC if that is true. If Kiama Jione is out especially I would change my pre-game prediction and would give BSHS the edge to win now. Jione’s physicality is a big part of his team’s fortunes and not having him to bend the line in attack and defence is major loss.

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
Those are massive outs for BBC if that is true. If Kiama Jione is out especially I would change my pre-game prediction and would give BSHS the edge to win now. Jione’s physicality is a big part of his team’s fortunes and not having him to bend the line in attack and defence is major loss.
Agreed. Just don't believe that BSHS will show up for the occasion at Miskin (Gaza).

Cheesyqdingle

Frank Nicholson (4)
Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 12.49.01 PM.png

What do we think about only having 3 current GPS players ( Kingsley Uys, Treyvon Pritchard, Bennett Armistead)

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
View attachment 19954
What do we think about only having 3 current GPS players ( Kingsley Uys, Treyvon Pritchard, Bennett Armistead)
I think the pressure is on the guys named in this preliminary squad to keep performing, otherwise they will miss out all together.

There are alot of good school and Colts players who will be pushing for a spot in the final squad to tour NZ so expect some changes to the make up of the final squad as there will be players putting the pressure on which eventually cant be ignored by the selectors.

Some QLD based players that come to mind pushing for a spot include utility back C Oates (UQ Colts 1 / 1st Grade), school 1st XV hookers; J Grenfell (NC), B Moana (TSS) & H Solofa (ACGS) & the hooker from BBC will be doing their utmost to put pressure on E Kruger & the named hookers in the squad. Big bodies like T Graham (NC) in the backrow, Jione from BBC, J Crothers from ACGS, Kasper from NC just to name a few.

Brendan Grice

Frank Row (1)
View attachment 19954
Not that worried about it in all honesty especially with former GPS players being picked, namely Frankie Goldsbrough and Tom Robinson, more interested to see how these 3 boys balance their senior schooling and playing for their country? I mean you cant play footy for 50 years. have to think life after footy.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
I think the pressure is on the guys named in this preliminary squad to keep performing, otherwise they will miss out all together.

There are alot of good school and Colts players who will be pushing for a spot in the final squad to tour NZ so expect some changes to the make up of the final squad as there will be players putting the pressure on which eventually cant be ignored by the selectors.

Some QLD based players that come to mind pushing for a spot include utility back C Oates (UQ Colts 1 / 1st Grade), school 1st XV hookers; J Grenfell (NC), B Moana (TSS) & H Solofa (ACGS) & the hooker from BBC will be doing their utmost to put pressure on E Kruger & the named hookers in the squad. Big bodies like T Graham (NC) in the backrow, Jione from BBC, J Crothers from ACGS, Kasper from NC just to name a few.
By the BBC hooker do you mean Lucas Clifford?

joshchi temuways

Frank Nicholson (4)
GENTLEMAN...
BOYS.....
AND WING WHISPERER

TAKE NOTES LADS

Prepare yourselves for an intense and exhilarating round of QLD GPS rugby this weekend! The matchups are set, and the stage is ready for a fierce display of skill, determination, and raw athleticism. Here's the draw for this weekend's clashes:

1. BBC vs. BSHS at Miskin Oval
  2. Nudgee vs. TSS at Ross Oval
  3. Terrace vs. Churchie at Terrace
  4. TGS vs. Ippy at Old Boys Oval
All eyes will be on Miskin Oval, where BBC and BSHS will face off in what promises to be an epic battle reminiscent of the historic Gallipoli campaign. Both teams are known for their relentless spirit and tenacity, making this showdown one for the ages. Just as the soldiers at Gallipoli fought with unwavering courage, BBC and BSHS will leave everything on the field, pushing their limits to emerge victorious. Expect bone-crunching tackles, lightning-fast runs, and a relentless fight for supremacy.

At Ross Oval, Nudgee and TSS will clash in another thrilling encounter. Nudgee, with their rich rugby heritage, will be looking to assert their dominance, while TSS aims to topple the giants and claim glory.

Terrace hosts Churchie in what is sure to be a hard-fought battle. Terrace will be keen to capitalize on their home advantage, but Churchie won't go down without a fight.

Finally, TGS takes on Ippy at Old Boys Oval. Both teams will be eager to secure a win and prove their mettle in this highly competitive round.

Get ready for a weekend of high-octane rugby action. Come out and support your teams as they fight for pride, honor, and victory. Let the battles begin!

throughout my many years of coaching and playing rugby at super high level i know what im talking about unlike all these spinklers. good luck seamonkeys

HarrytheImposter

Frank Row (1)
GENTLEMAN...
BOYS.....
AND WING WHISPERER

TAKE NOTES LADS

Prepare yourselves for an intense and exhilarating round of QLD GPS rugby this weekend! The matchups are set, and the stage is ready for a fierce display of skill, determination, and raw athleticism. Here's the draw for this weekend's clashes:

1. BBC vs. BSHS at Miskin Oval
  2. Nudgee vs. TSS at Ross Oval
  3. Terrace vs. Churchie at Terrace
  4. TGS vs. Ippy at Old Boys Oval
All eyes will be on Miskin Oval, where BBC and BSHS will face off in what promises to be an epic battle reminiscent of the historic Gallipoli campaign. Both teams are known for their relentless spirit and tenacity, making this showdown one for the ages. Just as the soldiers at Gallipoli fought with unwavering courage, BBC and BSHS will leave everything on the field, pushing their limits to emerge victorious. Expect bone-crunching tackles, lightning-fast runs, and a relentless fight for supremacy.

At Ross Oval, Nudgee and TSS will clash in another thrilling encounter. Nudgee, with their rich rugby heritage, will be looking to assert their dominance, while TSS aims to topple the giants and claim glory.

Terrace hosts Churchie in what is sure to be a hard-fought battle. Terrace will be keen to capitalize on their home advantage, but Churchie won't go down without a fight.

Finally, TGS takes on Ippy at Old Boys Oval. Both teams will be eager to secure a win and prove their mettle in this highly competitive round.

Get ready for a weekend of high-octane rugby action. Come out and support your teams as they fight for pride, honor, and victory. Let the battles begin!

throughout my many years of coaching and playing rugby at super high level i know what im talking about unlike all these spinklers. good luck seamonkeys
Nudgee vs TSS will be a good watch.
Really keen to see who comes out on top. (pause) :)

FTF

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not that worried about it in all honesty especially with former GPS players being picked, namely Frankie Goldsbrough and Tom Robinson, more interested to see how these 3 boys balance their senior schooling and playing for their country? I mean you cant play footy for 50 years. have to think life after footy.
Goldsborough is there because he is signed to the reds. That’s the only reason.