• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

GPS_scout2024

Stan Wickham (3)
Updated Round 1 tips

1. ACGS vs BGS - ACGS by 15+ - churchie will get a comfortable win at home, Pritchard, Austin and blanch will get the job done

2. BSHS vs TGS - BSHS by 1-7 - with the addition of the kefus I think they will be well structured and disciplined, and being at home I think they just scrape a win over TGS

3. TSS vs GT - TSS by 7+ - GT are a dark horse especially after an unsuccessful trial game period they will be looking to turn the tables but TSS will be too strong and too powerful for GT in the end

4. IGS vs NC - NC by 15+ - I think IGS will get off to a fast and physical start especially at home but NC will be too technical for them, looking forward to how Conway and Johnson will deal with IGS dangerous backline ( walker, Kendall and Murgha )
I completely agree with your judgement here Beast. I think you've really nailed it.

bigmoneybrown

Stan Wickham (3)
new to the forum here, with the 2024 season underway shortly my two picks for the shield this year are TGS and State High. personally i think state high have been hard done by here, with new coaches and a new squad i think they can really crack it this year. I must say i’ve always admired the boys in the gold and blue’s footy, just something about the way they always have a versatile selection of players for their team wether that be in size or x factors, a few players to mention toowomba’s number 5 brother of number 10 ilesa (butchered that) is incredibly mobile uses his strength and size to an advantage and poses as a major threat against tss he really held his own, played his role right and gave it a good crack, as well as his brother the star 10 with his strong kicking game, footwork and rugby knowledge this kid will be a major factor for the success of the boys in blue and gold, alongside him is dolphins signed azariah the new 12, from what i’ve heard this kids got x factor his strong running game and his attack all together will be incredibly useful for the pair. i think going into this season they are the favourites, however round 1 state high, they won’t hold back. i caught some of the trial game of ipswich vs the boys from south brisbane and i must say these state high boys don’t do free handouts, their back 3 were all over ipswich all game not giving them an inch, this number 8 for the blue and red is a major threat to other teams, scored two tries using his size, speed and strength from what i’ve seen he will be great for state high going into this season, their 7 trent picot, what a match up against joey grey these two for me are the two biggest pest around the ruck, their speed and strength at the breakdown is a major advantage for both teams.

finally my two players to watch for this season opener: the very underrated Trent Picot (BSHS 7) and star 10 for toowmba illesa.

very excited for these two teams going into the season and if i wanted to get two games out of the way for my season it’d be these two.
Couldn’t agree more brother. I dont think people realise how magical of a round opener we have coming this weekend. You bet your bottom dollar i‘ll be there to catch it in the flesh! I see the south brissy boys edging the farmers in the final moments of the game. Heard fursden is a fortress this year.

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
Little Throwback Thursday for you to start your morning.

Remember this game like it was yesterday TGS vs Downlands 96. Such a fierce battle between both schools. Was in grade 10, just played 16As (Fullback/Winger) and rushed down to the main oval to catch the start of this fixture. Crowds were electric, just have a look at this image.
mate i remember this day such an amazing atmosphere. What year did you graduate mate?

FootyGod

Frank Row (1)
I think people are underestimating bgs this weekend. coming off a strong weekend last week, tying with TSS and losing to TGS by 2. I think it will be much closer than many have been thinking.

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
Let’s bring this conversation to the private messaging option of this program, would love to chat/videocall. Could definitely know each other ( : Were you a forward or a back?
Message me privately your phone number and we'll catch up. I vaguely remember my senior year as I got into a tractor accident causing me to lose a bit of memory. If you can remember me I was a forward, but was born to be a winger. Coaches coach players play I guess.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
Message me privately your phone number and we'll catch up. I vaguely remember my senior year as I got into a tractor accident causing me to lose a bit of memory. If you can remember me I was a forward, but was born to be a winger. Coaches coach players play I guess.
I remember this horrific accident, and I feel you will be pleasantly surprised with who I am (We were mates). Can’t wait to catch up! Not living in Toowoomba anymore unfortuantely. Moved back out to Inverell after graduating, and took over the sheep farm from Dad. Take me back to the TGS days brother.

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
I remember this horrific accident, and I feel you will be pleasantly surprised with who I am (We were mates). Can’t wait to catch up! Not living in Toowoomba anymore unfortuantely. Moved back out to Inverell after graduating, and took over the sheep farm from Dad. Take me back to the TGS days brother.
Would love to catch up over coffee and talk about the TGS days. Not living in Toowoomba either at the moment, staying in Brisbane with my brother. Let me know if i'm wrong, but were we in the same team at some point during our years at TGS?

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
Would love to catch up over coffee and talk about the TGS days. Not living in Toowoomba either at the moment, staying in Brisbane with my brother. Let me know if i'm wrong, but were we in the same team at some point during our years at TGS?
I believe 14As through to 16As. Ran the tee for 2nds during my time in the injury ward.