• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Also guys has anyone heard anything about Ipswich grammar season? Angus grova moved at the start of the season the half combination between him and walker excites me. Let me k ow if you have heard.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
With the upcoming season only a couple months away and the AIC season just starting made me think of the old days were the GPS and AIC allstar games occured. Here is my prediction if the GPS created an allstar team let me know your thoughts.

1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
  2. John Grenfell (NC)
  3. Princeton Ioane (NC)
  4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
  5. Bennet Armistead (NC)
  6. Hugo Hart (NC)
  7. Joey Grey (TGS)
  8. Teina Graham (NC)
  9. Sam Watson (NC)
  10. Dallas Ingram (TSS)
  11. Nick Conway (NC)
  12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
  13. Prestyn Laine-Sietu (NC)
  14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)
  15. Jacob Johnson (NC)
CheesyQ,

I've been watching a few trial matches over the course of the past couple of months to see who is playing well at the moment.

Pending injuries and fingers crossed to all players that everyone gets through the season unscathed, here's my predicted GPS1 team based on the forthcoming season, including reserves:

1. K Uys (TSS)
  2. H Solofa (ACGS)
  3. A Schumacher (IGS)
  4. S Williams (ACGS)
  5. B Armistead (NC)
  6. J Crothers (ACGS)
  7. J Grey (TGS)
  8. A Lote Felo (TSS)
  9. S Keats (BBC)
  10. C Bird (BBC)
  11. N Conway (NC)
  12. M Blanch (ACGS)
  13. P Laine-Sietu (NC)
  14. E Grimshaw (NC)
  15. T Pritchard (ACGS)
Reserves:
16. J Grenfell (NC)
17. W Pamenter (IGS)
18. J Rangiwai (TSS)
19. C Godfrey (ACGS)
20. H Hart (NC)
21. S Watson (NC)
22. F Austin (ACGS)
23. M Rosemond (TGS)

Thoughts?

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
Guys I'm new to this page can anyone give me an updated TGS team for this week or year. I know they are building for next year being the 150th year and word on the street is they will have a young and quick backline and might struggle upfront. Interested in team thoughts for this year.
Hey mate, i’ve got lots of insides about TGS, there a strong team this year, a lot of exciting young players. It is a young team but they lost only 19-12 to ippy with 9 starting team players out. This week against GT will be great to watch, both teams weakened with injuries but I think it’ll be a great contest. The backline at TGS is definitely something to fear with the inclusions of Azariah Toki Mataurai (Signed with Dogs) and Myles Rosemond (U16s Reds breakout player of the season). I think this week against GT it’s going to be a cracker of a game.

Hey lads,

I do know if you have heard but news coming out of the Nudgee camp is that sleeper number 10 Archie Mezritz is back from injury and is firing on all cylinders. I know Charlie O'Connell will want to play well in these next couple of games to beat him for that number 10 spot. Always a good position to be in when you have two guns to pick from in the team.

CheesyQ,

I've been watching a few trial matches over the course of the past couple of months to see who is playing well at the moment.

Pending injuries and fingers crossed to all players that everyone gets through the season unscathed, here's my predicted GPS1 team based on the forthcoming season, including reserves:

1. K Uys (TSS)
  2. H Solofa (ACGS)
  3. A Schumacher (IGS)
  4. S Williams (ACGS)
  5. B Armistead (NC)
  6. J Crothers (ACGS)
  7. J Grey (TGS)
  8. A Lote Felo (TSS)
  9. S Keats (BBC)
  10. C Bird (BBC)
  11. N Conway (NC)
  12. M Blanch (ACGS)
  13. P Laine-Sietu (NC)
  14. E Grimshaw (NC)
  15. T Pritchard (ACGS)
Reserves:
16. J Grenfell (NC)
17. W Pamenter (IGS)
18. J Rangiwai (TSS)
19. C Godfrey (ACGS)
20. H Hart (NC)
21. S Watson (NC)
22. F Austin (ACGS)
23. M Rosemond (TGS)

Thoughts?
A bit crazy I think leaving Hugo Hart on the reserves and Jacob Johnson out of the whole list considering that they were arguably two of the best players in the comp last year, both making the GPS team of the season last year.

Also guys has anyone heard anything about Ipswich grammar season? Angus grova moved at the start of the season the half combination between him and walker excites me. Let me k ow if you have heard.
Heard about this as well mate. The old St Ignatius College Riverview halfback has made the big trip out to the Brassall sporting complex to take his games to knew heights. Without a doubt the best player in the u16 super rugby comp last year. It will be exciting to see how him and Tyson walker go because one thing Gus last year had was an amazing combo with his fullback Rex Bassingthwaighte

CheesyQ,

1. K Uys (TSS)
  2. H Solofa (ACGS)
  3. A Schumacher (IGS)
  4. S Williams (ACGS)
  5. B Armistead (NC)
  6. J Crothers (ACGS)
  7. J Grey (TGS)
  8. A Lote Felo (TSS)
  9. S Keats (BBC)
  10. C Bird (BBC)
  11. N Conway (NC)
  12. M Blanch (ACGS)
  13. P Laine-Sietu (NC)
  14. E Grimshaw (NC)
  15. T Pritchard (ACGS)
Reserves:
16. J Grenfell (NC)
17. W Pamenter (IGS)
18. J Rangiwai (TSS)
19. C Godfrey (ACGS)
20. H Hart (NC)
21. S Watson (NC)
22. F Austin (ACGS)
23. M Rosemond (TGS)

Thoughts?
Move Ethan Grimshaw out place Myles Rosemond (TGS) in. Fletcher Austin out for Joey Grice (GT), he can play a great utility role and could slot into almost any gps team and still perform well. Grenfell out for Nick Weir (GT). Besides from these picks in my opinion that will be the best team as of right now. Really like your pick of Blanch what a player.

Report out of Gregory Terrace camp is that they have hired new forwards coach to pair along with wallaby great Mark Chisholm. His name is Jack Curtain former old boy of the college. I have heard the Chis is tight five and lineouts whereas Jack is back row. Excited to see how this pans out

Move Ethan Grimshaw out place Myles Rosemond (TGS) in. Fletcher Austin out for Joey Grice (GT), he can play a great utility role and could slot into almost any gps team and still perform well. Grenfell out for Nick Weir (GT). Besides from these picks in my opinion that will be the best team as of right now. Really like your pick of Blanch what a player.
Really like this call. I love how Blanch is getting the respect he deserves. Love the country attitude he brings to every hit

Report out of Gregory Terrace camp is that they have hired new forwards coach to pair along with wallaby great Mark Chisholm. His name is Jack Curtain former old boy of the college. I have heard the Chis is tight five and lineouts whereas Jack is back row. Excited to see how this pans out
From what I’ve heard Gregory Terrace have John Fitzgerald (Forwards Coach with focus on scrums), Mark Chisholm (Lineouts) so don’t see where Jack Curtain would slot in here. Perhaps he’s being mentored by Mark Chisholm besides from that I’m not sure if your source is completely true.

I feel like Terrace is being slept on. After a poor showing against BGS in there first 35 minutes of the season where they in fact did win the half they really picked up there game in the second half vs TSS. Considering TSS is a favourite to take out the comp and having played four games prior Terrace did very well to only lose by Two points (2 tries all). Both teams did play full strength and it would not be a stretch to say terrace outplayed them. Terrace controlled possession entering the green zone 6 times however there execution let them down. However there set piece was dismantled by the physically larger and more organised pack.

tikkamungrel_3000

Bob McCowan (2)
With 4 injuries in the forward pack for Terrace I believe we could potentially see a family trio in the starting lineup. Willem, Harrison and Matthew Cassady could be lethal for Terrace. The brother connections between these three could be dangerous to say the least. These three boys rucking over are guaranteed to create momentum for Terrace, so if these injuries prove to be long-term I reckon it is highly likely we could see the first ever family trio starting for a GPS team.
The three Weir brothers would definitely give them a run for their money.

RossOvalGrandstands

Stan Wickham (3)
Current Best Terrace starting lineup including up and coming potential stars (without including injuries):
1. Willem Cassady
2. Matthew Cassady
3. Harrison Cassady
4. Jack Hogan
5. James Merrett
6. Will Devine
7. Nate Wines
8. Ollie Nasser
9. George Hales
10. Alejo Luongo Ruiz
11. Blake Russell
12. Oscar Spicer
13. Sam Russell
14. Kiyan Gunewardene
15. Joe Mcgahan

I think this is a very balanced lineup, big forward pack to dominate the rucks with plenty of x-factor in the back line to spread the ball and create the big plays.

Nut and Bolt

Bob McCowan (2)
Might head across the road to and watch GT v TGS tomorrow what are the names to look out for. I do hear that TGS might not be at full strength anyone know their backline. Plus is it true TGS are full of imports these days.