• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QF1 2012 - Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Thought there should have been a yellow there for the Sharks for kicking the ball away, given Kaplan's earlier warning.

Noticed a couple of times a Reds player struggling against 2 or 3 Sharks players close to the line with Reds players just watching on. Sometimes you just have to say to hell with alignment and pile people in to barge your way through a stubborn defence.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well Paarl told me so & right he was. I picked Reds by 20 at least & I guess now, whilst there is still time, I'll start firing up the humble pie. Although I'm sure I did predict that margin when I thought Quade would be playing.

Message to Horan, it doesn't matter whether a try is scored 60 odd meters out or not. They all give 5 & the possibility of 2 extra.

Thought one of the last passes there from the Reds was forward.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Try saver from Ludik on Ioane there. Reds need more patience as they force passes and kick ahead.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah there were a few forward passes from the Reds.

Kaplan has annoyed me by being too scared to blow his whistle too often, or give a yellow where needed.

Michalak kicks a penalty, 30 to 10 with 5 left.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sharks have just infringed so much in the Reds ruck second half and escaped a yellow. Getting annoying.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
We've had our best playmaker put out and a clear try denied. Its fucking bullshit. Great goal line defence from the Sharks based on deliberate infractions too. Gotta love that.

Not sure that Quade would have made a difference tonight, and whether the try was awarded or not, the Reds would still be behind on the scoreboard unfortunately. Sharks are out-muscling the Reds tonight, and the Reds seem to be having trouble making their passes stick. Bad luck for the Reds tonight.

Reactions: ACR

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
apart from bad luck with injuries/suspensions, playing Fainga'a instead of Hanson and of course Frisby for Lucas and switching Genia to first five were the big mistakes. What was he thinking, having a perfectly capable first five on at 12 and then putting one of the world's best scrum-halves in that position. Just stupid

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
I would have thought that the reds would have won this match by at least 1 converted try, I was heaps wrong on that one :/ sharks have dominated us because of silly errors (knock ons!!!!!!!!)

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Fuck this, I'm turning it off and logging out. Just a shitty way for the Reds to have their season end. Sandbagged by SANZAR, fucked over by the TMO and then screwed by a Ref who left his cards and his balls, along with his integrity, in the change room.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Kaplan is a joke, why the bin at the 80 min mark, when they have been fringing the whole game. Best team won but terrible officials
Gill scored
The should have been down to 14 players for 20 minutes

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Genia at 10 really hasn't worked. He did some really great stuff when he had a purple patch before half time, but this 2nd half he's poor and taken some bad options. His performance today has summed up his season for me. Flashes of brilliance when he looks absolutely unplayable but at other times he's been poor to average.

Still the best scrum half in the world when in form though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Samo with a consolation.

Sharks won that with their defence and offloading.

Was fantastic the way they thre the ball around for their three tries and a couple of breaks besides. Deserved winners.

Reds had one of those nights where not much stuck. Lots of dropped balls, no patience, and a forward pack who couldn't contain the Shark's attack.

The mark of a struggling Reds was the way they dominated possession in the second half but couldn't score.

My big criticism of the ref has to be his refusal to use a yellow until the last minute. Sharks infringed like crazy on their own line and should have lost someone way earlier.

That aside, the better team on the night won comfortably and best of luck to the Sharks for the rest of the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.