• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Debating 2024

The 36

Frank Row (1)
In what was one of the most fascinating ISDA debates ever, I think Cranbrook got a very deserved win here. Commiserations to Sydney Grammar and well done to them. Very surprised how many people were in the theatre. Heard the tickets sold out very quickly.

In the end, my highlight was by far just the crowd. Would like to praise the Cranbrook support for embodying what I think debating should be like - interesting, dramatic and entertaining to watch.

Some highlights were:

- Cranbrook students entering After the Sydney Grammar debaters entered the theatre, it seemed like something which would be hard to parrallel. But surprisingly, led by the chairperson, Cranbrook were able to make a very grand entrance, not to mention Cranbrook came from behind the curtains compared to the top of the stairs where Sydney Grammar came from

- Chairperson intros The liveliness of the audience is most likely due to the amazing work of the chairperson. Before each Cranbrook speaker, they all had a special intro. My favourites were ones like 'Future prime minister of Australia, and Model UN' mastermind. Albeit his intros not being the same for Sydney Grammar, the Cranbrook support really enjoyed this.

- Shushing of the crowd Even though this wasn't a positive highlight, it was still a highlight. When the adjudicators where deciding, some people thought it would be funny to shush the crowd. Then all the talking would stop until they realise that it was just someone being annoying. Please stop this for next time.

- Song at the end After winning, the Cranbrook fans really had a good way to celebrate by singing an interesting chant. Not sure what the song was like but it sounded good and very important. If anyone there knows, please share.

Hopefully you had a good time reading this. For term 3, if there are any predictions for competitions please do post them.

Signing off,
The 36