• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
For clarification, the View boys walking off is from this video:

Not from yesterday.

For mine it was a stark contrast to the scene from yesterday. Otherwise, we are in agreement.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You don't do your research I am afraid . A lot of view people had no issue with the pitch invasion last year . And in the interests of consistency I have no issue with todays.

Never one to be accused of not doing research. I provide you a link to the appropriate match. The more vitriolic comments on the pitch invasion were deleted by the mods.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/nsw-aagps-rugby-2015.14698/page-139

I described last year's pitch invasion at Stanmore an unfortunate blemish on an otherwise great game. I'll make the same comment on this one. :)

Interesting that you seem to think that this is acceptable behaviour at any sporting match - let alone a school match where there are many younger and smaller boys in attendance.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Never one to be accused of not doing research. I provide you a link to the appropriate match. The more vitriolic comments on the pitch invasion were deleted by the mods.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/nsw-aagps-rugby-2015.14698/page-139

I described last year's pitch invasion at Stanmore an unfortunate blemish on an otherwise great game. I'll make the same comment on this one. :)

Interesting that you seem to think that this is acceptable behaviour at any sporting match - let alone a school match where there are many younger and smaller boys in attendance.

Are they banned. If not then they should be. Was very lucky no one was seriously injured. I was sitting in the stand where they View school boy supporters were, in the last section amongst mainly parents etc at the non scoreboard end. The last section of fence to come down was 3 metres to my right. I was there with my 7 year old daughter and a friend of hers. They were standing up against the fence. They were screaming with fear. Just not on. You don't take your kids to a schoolboy rugby game and expect to scare the shit out of them. I hope the school makes an official apology. I don't mean to me personally, but to all in attendance

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Meanwhile at Stanmore not a pie to be seen. They have however unveiled an alternate secret weapon comprising an amalgam of BBQ treats. They've called this extravaganza "The Big Newie". At the princely price of $10 this calorific, artery blocking, culinary train wreck features fried egg, bacon, steak, sausage and onion substitute lovingly piled high on a flat white bread bun. While IMHO the BIg Newie appeals to innovators and gluttons alike I don't see this culinary tour de force having the minerals to knock off the "Shore Precious". The conspiracist in me thinks they have (as Blackadder would say) a plan so cunning that could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel!

So where's the dining experience report from yesterdays Joe Boys V View Matchup? @Crackerjack and I have done our bit!!!

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Some highlights of Joeys 3rds defeating Grammar 1sts in a preseason warm up yesterday. Unfortunately didn't get the first 2 tries cos I was on the phone. Great final try to take over the lead with only a few mins to go.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Anyone see the Joeys v View 2ndXV clash, another great contest with View 24-22 behind with 3mins remaining, then getting a try to win 24-29. Some limited highlights of this game coming soon. It includes a great final try by the backs, finished by McGeoch, which unlike all the 1sts tries was at my end of the field. I'll also put up fuller highlights of the 1sts game in due course.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone see the Joeys v View 2ndXV clash, another great contest with View 24-22 behind with 3mins remaining, then getting a try to win 24-29. Some limited highlights of this game coming soon. It includes a great final try by the backs, finished by McGeoch, which unlike all the 1sts tries was at my end of the field. I'll also put up fuller highlights of the 1sts game in due course.

The last try was actually Angus Bell (Y10) who was moved back up on Thursday in the wake of a domino effect that sent McGeoch to the firsts for the afternoon. Angus scored 3 that game, including the game winner you described. Can't think he'll move down now surely.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
I recall the righteous indignation from Riverview supporters on the 2015 after a similar pitch invasion by New boys last year. They seem very quiet now.

They are very different situations:

Newington hadn't won the game, they had scored a try - the pitch invasion had caused a delay of game, which ultimately meant Riverview had no more chance to win. This is possibly why Riverview supporters were very angry.

Yesterday, that current year12 age group, apart from the ones who had moved up in the 16's to 1sts and 2nds, had never beaten Joeys. That was the first time. Being close up to the action, it was actually led by the younger boys who followed the old boys, who had finished school at riverview from the past years.

By no means does this condone the boys actions, but make so puts it into perspective. Besides, no one was hurt and pitch invasions are one of the best sites in schoolboy rugby, and ultimately the memory of them last forever

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Yesterday's most unfortunate incident, which blighted Round 1 for many, and the spurious allegations about who caused it, needs to be corrected for the record.

I refer, of course, to the dear Mums at Shore running out of the best pies in the business, and, so it would seem, all the BBQ sauce they floated off on.

For the record, I categorically deny that I "ate ALL the pies" (@loiterer ;) )

I've 'fessed to going in hard and early, but on my first appearance at the Shore Canteen yesterday during the 5ths game, I was mainly modest in my orderings, if a little untidy in the eating.

But on my next visit during the mighty 3rds, I was thrown into a state of mild panic as I observed from the back of the queue, that there had been a MASSIVE run on the contents of Az's Famous Pie Warmer ovens. Worse, there was absolutely no sign of any willingness or even ability from the Mums to fill them back up! I felt like some Greek depositer in a throng of scared others, trying to get cash out in the middle of a Greek bank run!

What ensued was unseemly and nothing I'm particularly proud of. Given @Sidesteppa's presence over at Hunters Hill, I hoped there was no Shore CCTV in operation so I can at least cling to a semblance of 'plausible deniability' for the less pleasant behavioural aspects.

As I stood there, barely inching forwards, but rising panic-stricken, I observed yet more of "the precious" flying out from the Warmers and into the reaching hands of other now newly happy punters. So in a spur-of-the-moment act of directed madness, I simply dropped my shoulder and drove forward with nary a thought for personal safety nor injury to the unexpecting. "Trample the weak, hurdle the dead" might best sum up my drive to the front of the line.

I ordered and parted with my hard-earned lucre to the lovely Mum who served me in an act of profound kindness, she having overlooked the ruckus I'd caused in my determination to get to the head of the queue, but no doubt recognising the tell-tale signs of the similarly "possessed" she'd seen too many times before.

So, I secured my primary objective and peeled right to indulge at my leisure in the 2-litre, unregulated, pump as you like, sauce dispenser. I'd not like to wax too lyrical about the sensory delights that came next, but yes @Azzuri, I can confirm "the precious" do remain maaaaagnificent!

For what happened later, with the "Run-out" incident, I offer my apology to those affected for my (relatively minor) role in it, but clearly I was not alone as the sole cause, so I can only hope that this sorry and unfortunate incident won't just be swept aside or under the carpet by those in positions of authority. There are valuable learnings here, people. This is entirely preventable.

Those who CAN prevent a repeat are on notice, and I'd like them to especially note that it's now less than one month until GPS Round 5 on 4 June when Shore host Kings. From a public safety perspective, I think we all know just what that might mean! (@Azzuri? ;) )

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Those who CAN prevent a repeat are on notice, and I'd like them to especially note that it's now less than one month until GPS Round 5 on 4 June when Shore host Kings. From a public safety perspective, I think we all know just what that might mean! (@Azzuri? ;) )

@CJ you would have been a sight to behold standing there drooling in Pavlovian anticipation, with the fountain red mist clouding your eyesight. I'm surprised the casualties weren't higher.

I for one will be coming to the Shore game forearmed with a brace of Oxford College Triangle Scholarship applications which I intend to dump in the spectators grandstand. In the ensuing rumble I will swoop in and liberate said precious' from their incubators..... There is no such thing as a fair fight when it comes to securing first chomper advantage!

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)

no one was hurt and pitch invasions are one of the best sites in schoolboy rugby, and ultimately the memory of them last forever
Have to agree, they are harmless when managed/prepared for: i.e. allow them at the final whistle, no metal barriers to negotiate, grown ups stand back and keep the small kids on leash. At high emotion high tension [i.e. close] games such as these they are a spectacle at the whistle [esp for amateur videographers like me], and elation for the winning supporters. Many fond memories of pitch invasions at school, and at Uni [London 'United Hospitals Cup', the oldest rugby cup comp in the world]. Even at the cricket one-day international world cup semis/finals back in 1983 when the ground staff would line the pitch at the final over, not to hold the crowd back, but to pick up the boundary rope and run to the stumps before the boys got there, so they could protect the groundsman's square. The trophies were always presented while everyone was on the pitch. Great memories.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Still Shots from Shore V Scots Rd 1

for anyone interested please go to my special @NIS website below.

100 photos, an odd good one including the money shot of Dom Headley crashing over in the corner.

Sorry, God awful day for photography, shooting though smoke so thick the players needed breathing apparatus.

I have tried to brighten them up in photo shop. If they look too light make sure your screen is at the right angle.

Feel free to WOW any you like. Its acts as a small consolation for the loss yesterday.

Sorry, haven't had time to label any.

https://nis.nikonimagespace.com/htm...tfDAQ3PzXeoYRIW3YrRaC_F5CyGq6pSKMf_qOoNHTertQ

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Surely the "Rowers Lot" from the Joeys BBQ has to get a mention. It has all the food groups, especially meat.

Was anybody at the Newington v Kings game that can name a few try scorers in some kind of order for the match report?

They are usually in the paper but not this time - in the Herald at least.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Newington hadn't won the game, they had scored a try - the pitch invasion had caused a delay of game, which ultimately meant Riverview had no more chance to win. This is possibly why Riverview supporters were very angry.

Yesterday, that current year12 age group, apart from the ones who had moved up in the 16's to 1sts and 2nds, had never beaten Joeys. That was the first time. Being close up to the action, it was actually led by the younger boys who followed the old boys, who had finished school at riverview from the past years.

By no means does this condone the boys actions, but make so puts it into perspective. Besides, no one was hurt and pitch invasions are one of the best sites in schoolboy rugby, and ultimately the memory of them last forever

They don't sound very different to me at all.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
@ LG, I'll pay that. The Joeys "Rowers Lot", even at last year's pricing of $9 a throw, is indeed noteworthy.
Having started yesterday early out at Kings with a Kings BBB (Big Breakfast Burger, w/ double fried egg, 2x sausages, bacon lashings and onion pile); followed by the casual destruction of the Shore Canteen during the 3's match; my intention was to round out the day properly at HH with that Joey's "Rowers Lot".
But the World was made on good intentions and I was thwarted from achieving the GPS Canteen / BBQ Triple in one day by the presence of the monster crowd that attended at HH yesterday, and a desire to not miss any of the on-field action while filling the other of my hollow legs. The Joeys BBQ and their "Rowers Lot" will be attacked later in the Season, rest assured.

tjp8

Bob McCowan (2)
A graphic site for spectators watching the grammar vs joeys 3rds match yesterday, with the dynamic 13 for grammar having to rush off the field in a sea of blood in the first 5 mins of the game with a substantial part of his gum and teeth ripped and torn away from the rest, seemingly as he was tackling a joeys player: a stray boot perhaps? Sources tell me that his teeth and gum were successfully reset into place but unfortunately it sounds like he'll be out for 6-8 weeks minimum. Will his absence harm grammar 1sts?

Boooind

Frank Nicholson (4)
A graphic site for spectators watching the grammar vs joeys 3rds match yesterday, with the dynamic 13 for grammar having to rush off the field in a sea of blood in the first 5 mins of the game with a substantial part of his gum and teeth ripped and torn away from the rest, seemingly as he was tackling a joeys player: a stray boot perhaps? Sources tell me that his teeth and gum were successfully reset into place but unfortunately it sounds like he'll be out for 6-8 weeks minimum. Will his absence
harm grammar 1sts?

Was a gruesome site to see. I saw it happen live and he even managed to crack a smile as he walked past me up to the medical room. I've got to say he's got some grit and it's a real shame that he won't be able to show off his skills in round 1, especially with his impressive performance against Trinity in the pre season. Hoping he has a speedy recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.