• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindsideflanker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rock throwing without justification is the hallmark of gutless opportunists especially with schoolboys. If that group is so uninspiring and undeserving please grace us with your list for Gps 1 and 2
So because I disagreed with @NAS about how many from your sons team will make GPS 1st I'm a gutless opportunists? I thought this is a site for people to express their opinion, but if someone disagrees with you he's a rock thrower?. Stop bullying people who have a different opinion to yours and posting a photo of your sons team is not gonna make the selectors take notice.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Very good side but in the Foward I would add Nathan lawson (N) somewhere.
Back line
Jake Pirina centre/wing (I)
Barne (J) wing /fullback made the second last year and NSW 1
Bailey 5/8 (N) made second last year

Barnes (J) gone for season (knee). Pirina (I) was out injured last week but seems to have been pushed to the wing at View. Kuenzle (N) might be back from broken arm about round 3.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
So because I disagreed with @NAS about how many from your sons team will make GPS 1st I'm a gutless opportunists? I thought this is a site for people to express their opinion, but if someone disagrees with you he's a rock thrower?. Stop bullying people who have a different opinion to yours and posting a photo of your sons team is not gonna make the selectors take notice.

Pull your head in.

You trashed 20 lads rugby skills, not one, without any justification other than pure spite.. You have nothing to offer except your unjustified bull dust. Yes I can imagine the selectors scurrying around reading every post of GAGR to confirm their views about selections....why weren't we all told it was that simple?

So if you have a prediction lets hear it instead of just getting your unsupported criticism of a bunch of lads which also included a lad who played Aussie Schoolboys last year.

In case you are unaware this is a school boy thread and we don't unnecessarily criticize players, refs or officials so either play by the rules or find another thread to annoy.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Interesting selections and while incumbency is not guarantee the only ones I think have one strong hand on a birth in the First XV are listed below.

3. Opeti Helu (N)
4. Nick Brown (K)
5. Michael Fenn (I)
6. Tom Serhon (N)
8. Dylan Pietsch (K)
11. Tyrone Taukamo (N)
13. Will Terry (I)

Another overlay you could include on this list is to add add the players who played both 2014 Presidents and 2015 reps in GPS 2nd XV, GPS Blue and/or White.

Anyhow, still way too early for sensible predictions in my books especially with injuries and current form to be considered.
I'd cut that down to no's. 3,5,8 and 13.

So many very good backs. Some boys will de disappointed.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
How about everyone pulls their heads in a bit. Saying a group of named players probably won't make a rep selection is not against the rules. It's an opinion and taints no-one, the implication being that maybe they are not good enough. It is however a clumsy broad swipe, and probably best avoided. Also, asking people to nominate specific players who shouldn't make it starts to get into dangerous ground unless it is worded carefully. Maybe just talk positives about who might make it to avoid fights.
Not to mention the personal sniping at each other.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
Just adding that I am glad none of the above experts are selectors as they are selecting nominating a rep team without even looking at the form of all players collectively, hence the real selectors not picking the GPS teams until after 5 GPS games. The above are basing their nominations on what? A couple of trials ? Last years form ? Pfft, how about we all wait until the real games start! Hit up your nominations after 3 or 4 comp games and I bet we will all be on the same page or thereabouts.

I will admit I follow Joeys and after what I have seen their back line do to Canberra Marist and in particular Knox last weekend I would be nominating their entire backline, in particular their 10, 12 and 13.... However, I would be pushing my own cause and unfair to other players from other schools without proper assessment. I am willing to see how Joeys perform up against other GPS teams and if they can hold their own before I start sprucing the premiership contenders.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
That probably explains why AICES Rugby is still on page 5, no self-appointed selectors on that forum:)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd be finding a spot for Yirribi Jaffer-Williams (J). 14 will do.
100% ... He would be my first pick or maybe second behind joeys wilkinson (10)

Will be great match up ... This weekend ...View versus joeys

Easily match of the round ... In my view... And will clear up some selection questions

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tyrone was at last weeks Newington lunch and imagine right in the mix when 1st & 2nd GPS teams are discussed. I've wondered some years if he was being over exposed playing school and club rugby and league as well. Not sure I've seen any young player exposed to so much footy. If the focus this year is just on school, he could have a big year.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Thanks NIS

Lucky I have lots of hats.

Totally agree. I had just about every team ranked in every spot and in the end just had to go with my gut.

Cheers

Only time will tell. It's what I love about schoolboy rugby; the competitiveness and the passion that each boy has for their emblem on their chest can produce amazing performances. Some of the best rugby you will ever see.

Status
Not open for further replies.