• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

So Knox had 2 more than the next nearest school in both systems.
You've left out at least one from SJC.
Im not sure what your point is: perhaps you could enlighten me?

Your original point: Not only did the CAS 16s beat GPS 2 years ago (by a very small margin in a very close game) but the CAs team was heavily knox influenced - as you'd expect.

There is no point quoting how close the game was. There was only one winner.
There is no point quoting how many players were/are from an individual school. That number would change each year whether it was CAS, CHS, GPS ... CAS Rep teams have been dominated in the past by players from other schools other than Knox. 8 players can't run out by themselves and win a game. And the best players on the day may not be from that 8.
Enough has been said about this but CAS had a very strong U16s squad in 2014 which was good enough to defeat GPS, but not so in 2015. Who knows what 2016 holds for the U16s Rep comp? Who knows what schools will provide the most number of players for each association? But does it matter?

Scots College provided 6 players from the 15 in GPS1 last season but so what? They were all GPS players.

St Augustine provided 7 of the 15 players for the ISA1 team ...

My point is that your point is pointless.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Your original point: Not only did the CAS 16s beat GPS 2 years ago (by a very small margin in a very close game) but the CAs team was heavily knox influenced - as you'd expect.

There is no point quoting how close the game was. .

of course there is: its relevant to an assessment of what has happened since in particular on the weekend.
If you can't see that I can't help you.

S

sidelineview

of course there is: its relevant to an assessment of what has happened since in particular on the weekend.
If you can't see that I can't help you.

That has been discussed ad nauseum. It is not 2 years ago, nor is it U16s; it's Opens now.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That has been discussed ad nauseum. It is not 2 years ago, nor is it U16s; it's Opens now.

The only people who want to dwell in 2014 seem to be CAS supporters. They seem singularly focussed on the event - like a drowning man clinging to a piece of flotsam.

We've been hearing about this one match in 2014 for 2 years now.

2015 under 16s seems to have been conveniently overlooked.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)

I'm with you sideline lets please move on, let talk about GPS thread.
CAS,ISA,AIC please move on to your thread.
Who's gonna be the star in the first XV this year from gps anyone can through any name in the hat???

Contender for GPS rep aswell??

S

sidelineview

The only people who want to dwell in 2014 seem to be CAS supporters. They seem singularly focussed on the event - like a drowning man clinging to a piece of flotsam.

We've been hearing about this one match in 2014 for 2 years now.

2015 under 16s seems to have been conveniently overlooked.

Ok, last word ... it was discussed in relation to GPS U16s and then in relation to why GPS becomes stronger in the Opens and blah blah blah. So it was relevant. I did mention 2015 ..
And the only people who have downgraded or dismissed that win in 2014 are some GPS people (only some).
But it's been done to death.
All the best for the season ahead to all your school teams.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm with you sideline lets please move on, let talk about GPS thread.
CAS,ISA,AIC please move on to your thread.
Who's gonna be the star in the first XV this year from gps anyone can through any name in the hat???

Contender for GPS rep aswell??

Refer to photo posted at #738 by Azzuri. There is a good few of them there.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
I gather Tim Gavin's son (Archie) is playing in the Scots backs .. wasn't he a forward in 2015?

I like the look of Scots 2nds backline . particularly big Winston and the Baker boy.

$cots may not have the big stars of recent years . but good depth might see them fare better than most are predicting

re the Nursery (i.e. 16s) my mail was that Strang played against Kings . but yes the other 2 are in rehab, which won't help the 16As chances.

did Savala trial for opens? should of stayed at Waverley :mad:

Strang (9) got injured against KIngs , Mason (10) knee ,Savala (12) shoulder , outside centre also injured not sure of name.

Forwards were strong against Kings, standouts Harris, WIlliams and Zylstra all potential presidents rep players but looks as if it could be a long season for the scots boys this year .

Savala was selected in IV squad to tour NZ but didn't go due to injury.

Ben Baker in seconds has been outstanding , he is still u16 hopefully gets a chance in presidents team .

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm not sure where you get your info rating the schools I listed. They all play in very different comps. so many top schools are insulated from many other "TOP" schools. Some of the schools Kings played had English school boy reps in their squad and many had U18 players who are contracted to the major English union sides. Scrolling through the web looking at school rankings and drawing your conclusions is no substitute for seeing games and players with your own eyes.

BTW..I would rate the schools we played in the following order based on what i saw:

1. Queen Ethelburga's
  2. Byanston
  3. St Edwards
  4. Dulwich
  5. Loughborogh
And that's no taking anything away from any of them as they were all very worth opponents
St Edwards toured Sydney last year and played Newington and other schools, does anyone know how they went?

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
St Edwards toured Sydney last year and played Newington and other schools, does anyone know how they went?
There was an English school touring and played New the same time Shore played at New last year. That side played the NEW 3rds as they had a bye that week.

So Sidestepper comments earlier might have been close to the mark.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
There was an English school touring and played New the same time Shore played at New last year. That side played the NEW 3rds as they had a bye that week.

So Sidestepper comments earlier might have been close to the mark.

That wasn't Teddies from memory....and don't think Teddies toured OZ last year. Will check.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Rock throwing without justification is the hallmark of gutless opportunist especially with schoolboys. If that group is so uninspiring and undeserving please grace us with your list for Gps 1 and 2
Seem to remember discussion last year and at least some rated that side as better than the seconds.

The CAS thread seem preoccupied with picking their 1st team at the moment.

I haven't seen anyone nominate a possible GPS team since way back at the start. But those suggested teams did include a good number of those boys.

The one name no one has tossed into the mix is Rixon (probably because we saw very little of him 2015). From what I have seen in this pre season he has to be a shoe in for 15, or wing.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
The CAS thread seem preoccupied with picking their 1st team at the moment.

I haven't seen anyone nominate a possible GPS team since way back at the start.

To start the discussion off, a predicted GPS 1sts line-up

1. Luke Edwards (E)
2. Layton Holley (J)
3. Opeti Helu (N)
4. Nick Brown (K)
8. Michael Fenn (I)
6. Tom Serhon (N)
7. Chris Scott (I)
8. Dylan Pietsch (K)
9. Will Haskins (E)
10. Nick Wilkinson (J)
11. Tyrone Taukamo (N)
12. Alec Sheldon (G)
13. Will Terry (I)
14. Luke Rixon (E)
15. Bailey Simonsson (N)

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
To start the discussion off, a predicted GPS 1sts line-up

1. Luke Edwards (E)
2. Layton Holley (J)
3. Opeti Helu (N)
4. Nick Brown (K)
8. Michael Fenn (I)
6. Tom Serhon (N)
7. Chris Scott (I)
8. Dylan Pietsch (K)
9. Will Haskins (E)
10. Nick Wilkinson (J)
11. Tyrone Taukamo (N)
12. Alec Sheldon (G)
13. Will Terry (I)
14. Luke Rixon (E)
15. Bailey Simonsson (N)

Very good side but in the Foward I would add Nathan lawson (N) somewhere.
Back line
Jake Pirina centre/wing (I)
Barne (J) wing /fullback made the second last year and NSW 1
Bailey 5/8 (N) made second last year

Status
Not open for further replies.