• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
That's Hugh on bass, Cyclo on drums; who wants to be Joe Walsh -Azzuri?

I'm in, as long as whoever takes on lead vocals lets me sing the last stanza....

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
^^^^^^^
Ah, that reminds me of my younger days in the US going to a few concerts. Never got the chance to go to an Eagles concert however. Got to meet Janis Joplin backstage once though before she passed on - not exactly the girl next door.

But Ladies and Gentlemen (if I can use the second term loosely)……

…… the GPS season will be starting on 7 May and it's my job unpaid preoccupation to produce a blog of of the GPS games every weekend.

I know what the clever people are thinking - there are three matches on every Saturday at the same time so how can even Lee Grant be at three different places at once?

You raise a good point and probably have a suggestion: Lee, why don't you ask people to help you out? They could write some stuff down and maybe take a few snaps and send it all to you and you can put it together. You can even give them a credit that they did the work. It's not rocket surgery.

You can even go to another footie match or stay home and mow the lawn.

Great idea - why didn't I think of that? Don't know about the lawn part though - it's a jungle out there.

Do any of you go the the games? And can you help out by doing some reports during the season?

Just volunteer here or send me a convo if you like. Even if you can do only a couple of games in the season it will be a great help.

I will send you guidelines if you are interested.

Cheers

LG

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
That's Hugh on bass, Cyclo on drums; who wants to be Joe Walsh -Azzuri?

Azzuri has to be Joe Walsh.

They both drive Maseratis.

Maserati.jpg

Second verse to "Life been good"

My Maserati does one-eighty-five
I lost my license, now I don't drive
I have a limo, ride in the back
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked

In the opinion of NIS, the second best Eagles song and best guitar riff of all time.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
There is a report on CAS thread View seconds put a score on Cranbrook first. Can anyone verify.?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Thanks for the update Rich. Scots seem to having a successful tour, defeating some very good rugby schools along the way.

Yeah. The coaches (for 1st XV that's Brian Smith and Ed Brenac) are doing a great job in preparing what should be a competitive team this year, with potential to beat anyone in GPS but probably not everyone

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I was wondering who is in contention for the NEW 5/8 position following the injury to the established player. I believe a 5/8 from the 16As could be his replacement.

Troy Dickson

Herbert Moran (7)
Only a couple of weeks to go and I assume the 1st XV team selection for each school would be narrowed down to final selections. Can a well informed person who had seen Joeys play against Barker and Canberra offer their Joeys 1st XV Prediction on fresh form and not on form from September 2015.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I was wondering who is in contention for the NEW 5/8 position following the injury to the established player. I believe a 5/8 from the 16As could be his replacement.

It has previously been posted that Saul Lewis has moved from holy cross to Newington. Saul was u15 NSWJR selection at 5/8 so assume that is who would be in the mix

R

Runpasstackle

It has previously been posted that Saul Lewis has moved from holy cross to Newington. Saul was u15 NSWJR selection at 5/8 so assume that is who would be in the mix

I think your confused with jack Walsh Saul didn't get picked for the trial teams. As far as I now.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
While we're at it, any news on the SHORE team? I say this as a curious oldboy.

Apparently we've only won two games since I left (2012) and have a chance to actually win one this year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Any news on how New's Japan tour is going/went?

I had a look at the blog on the New website.

Won their first game 16-5, second game 74-0 and the third game has been played; there's a brief match description, but no result given.

Tour looks like a great life experience for the boys.

deezebola

Frank Nicholson (4)

the fullback from the wavily trial who replaced him in the game i think it is, the name is i think james turner

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
the fullback from the wavily trial who replaced him in the game i think it is, the name is i think james turner

I saw James ever so briefly on the Video, featuring the Newington/Waverly Game. He appeared to have speed in attack and a capacity to break the defending line. He could be the answer to NEW's 5/8 Replacement issue. Also the Japan tour may have discovered other players worthy of consideration. If other NEW supporters are aware of emerging players, that have "Stepped Up" as a result of the Japan Tour please comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.