• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Well that makes sense about the wingers but I thought on Saturday the Newington backline looked fairly unorganised. It wasn't so much missed tackles as an uneven defensive line often with not enough numbers.

R

rocket321

i understand that the outside backs for newington may be a little unorganised, but you can hardly say that the entire backline is terrible, i mean the inside centre, Apolosi Latunipulu is the Australian Schoolboys inside centre and has shown great leadership from all the games ive seen him play. I have to say that Newington always has tremendous home support, apparently they are expecting thousands on saturday for the game against St Josephs, I am predicting a Newington win after seeing them beat Kings last week.

R

rocket321

And i know that newington have a strong relationship with Tonga but how many students are at newington of Tongan descent that arent in the 1st or 2nds rugby? are there and tongans that play soccer or in lower grade rugby teams? and there for academic reasons?

I just thought i should tell you that their are indeed boys of tongan descent that are playing in lower grade teams, for instance, my brother plays in the lower grade teams for newington, i.e: 5th and 6th XV and he plays along side a few boys of tongan or islander heritage, one who he tells me is more interested in art than sport.

I don't want to start a ridiculous sportal style argument though, so please dont bite my head off about this haha.

O

oldy

i think everyone is underestamating joeys, as they have the past two games, i think it will be a nail biter, joeys by less than 5. they are a team with a huge heart, and dont give up. Newington have amazing strength but not great speed i think the joeys wingers, outside and 5/8 will have too much speed for the new boys.

T

The Blindside

i think everyone is underestamating joeys, as they have the past two games, i think it will be a nail biter, joeys by less than 5. they are a team with a huge heart, and dont give up. Newington have amazing strength but not great speed i think the joeys wingers, outside and 5/8 will have too much speed for the new boys.

Dylan Walford is the danger man for Newington. They'll need Hugh Roach and Joel Luani to shut him down early if they want to win.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
i understand that the outside backs for newington may be a little unorganised, but you can hardly say that the entire backline is terrible, i mean the inside centre, Apolosi Latunipulu is the Australian Schoolboys inside centre and has shown great leadership from all the games ive seen him play. I have to say that Newington always has tremendous home support, apparently they are expecting thousands on saturday for the game against St Josephs, I am predicting a Newington win after seeing them beat Kings last week.
-------------

Kings outnumbered NW defence line and get their first try and 'Apo did missed one tackle and open the gap of their defence for Kings try. However thay make up their mistakes.

P

PhD96

Don't confuse people's opinions in selecting a winner with 'underestimating' Joeys. I certainly don't think anyone at Newington is underestimating them, particularly given the way that they have performed since the Scots hiccup.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
Don't confuse people's opinions in selecting a winner with 'underestimating' Joeys. I certainly don't think anyone at Newington is underestimating them, particularly given the way that they have performed since the Scots hiccup.
--------------------

if we talk to Newington players - believe me they never underestimating Joeys. The boys from NW respect Joey and it will definitely show it on this Saturday.

O

oldboy

Joeys Newington is going to be an absolute cracker
Both teams have showed just how much they want this
Especially with their tight 1 point wins over Kings
The 17 all draw in the trials is not much to go by; both teams have improved imeasurably since

I'm not going to even try to pick this one

J

jbhi5

Both New and Joeys are both looking in red hot form. Should be an amazing game on saturday. I was at the trial match when they had a draw (one of the best school boy games i have seen) and nothing could separate the two. Joeys lack the representative players but all have huge hearts and will play till the last minute. A great weekend of rugby ahead

B

blueandblack

Newington vs Joeys.
What a game we have instore for us. Both teams have everything to play for and everything to loose. I lose for Newington would mean they would need to beat iggies at home for atleast a share of the cookies. A loss for joeys would signal an end to their premiership hopes. Expect a hard and fast game early with joeys testing out newington wide and new testing the smaller yet mercurial walford and ashby. I expect Joeys to score first out wide but Newington to stay patient and play to their strength .. their size. I expect Newington to run away with it late and win 24-18. I think apo will again prove to be the focal point in a newington win, with Luani, Roods, Roye and Pryor Lees to impose their superior strength and size on the smaller joeys boys.

A huge crowd expected, pretty much all newington old boys are expected to come and watch the mighty black and white rule stanmore once more. Expect pandemonium and tears from the newington crowd on saturda after a drought breaking win.

We can only hope for another epic like we saw in 2002, but considering newingtons dominant form, i cant see such a tight game.

W

Wrinkled Rat

Wrinkly - Who said it was ever going to happen anyway?

Parent of one of the View boys gave me the heads up as it was to be played at Narrabeen. Gregs XV pulled out of a fixture with Auggies and View are playing a few trials against Auggies this weekend in the younger age groups. Perfect opportunity lost but View played a visiting english schoolboy team yesterday

P

PhD96

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/riverview-joeys-caught-up-in-brawl-20100809-11u6f.html

''There was 8000 people there,'' Mr Hogan said. ''It was the best game of rugby in 30 years between the two schools … I can't tell you exactly [what happened] because I was watching a fantastic game of football.''

More like 1500 to 2000.

Whoooops.........Got a first hand report on this incident yesterday and to say that it left a large number of parents and younger boys upset would be an understatement. Mr Hogan must have been the only attendee not to have seen what happened, since the referee stopped the game, while the 20 or so combatants were dealt with by Police and Security. Adopting an attitude of denial won't solve anything Shane, particularly as this is not the first incident involving alcohol

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah apparently it was pretty ugly, had to pull out the capsicum spray I heard. Anyone see it?

T

The Blindside

Hugh Roach - 13 A's
Pat Mckenzie - 13 A's
Chris Vlahos - 13 A's
Mark Baldwin - 13 A's
Oscar Pryor Lees - 13 A's
Mark Bannon - 13 A's
Finlay McDonald - 13 A's
Brogan Roods - 13 A's
Nathan Roye - 13 A's
Alex Vlahos - 13 A's
Matt Gibson - 13 A's

Joel Luani - Year 10
Apolosi Latunipulu - Year 11
Allan Alaalaatoa - Year 8
Ezrah Amituani - Year 9

Cheers mate

Well said Pitbull. That should silence people who see an ethnic Islander and cry "import"

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Hammer - you obviously missed the message that there should be no more posts about scholarships. Even though yours was suggesting there wasn't any, it can inflame the Sportals.

And don't call people racists even if you are sure they are.

H

H...

Christ that "Matty" must be getting on a bit. He was looking pretty cruddy in the late 90s.

O

oxe7

10ths to take it out in a nail biter, the 9ths have the size but the 10ths defence and go foward in the foward pack will be to much for them to handle, expect big games from big bird the number 4, drew number 6 if he decides he wants to play, ben yun number 10 and hedley number 1...the size speed and power of these boys is enough to get them over the line against the favoured yr 12 chokers

Status
Not open for further replies.