• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goosestep

Jim Clark (26)
Congrats to shore on your premiership … It’s been great to see the commitment to improving your rugby program over the last few years, and the self belief you have had , even when others here have mocked you for believing in the “impossible”.

It not only strengthens the GPS on a whole to have a competitive Shore.

Last edited:

Here for the advice

Peter Burge (5)
Very similar to what I was thinking although the 12 and the 14 spots are up in the air. 12 will be fought out between d'Almeida, Ritchie and Robertson unless they want to play Wendt there. 14 could go so many ways with Hockey, Mott, Hamilford and maybe even Kingal-Pia pushing for a spot.
Plenty of depth with 3s - Hockey, Mott, Shadforth U16a - Wendt and Powell all looking at 11/14. In the forwards Fraape will be there in the mix.

DropGoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don’t think ‘the easy way out’ is fair, they smash the rest of us (some more than others) in academic achievement year on year. Priorities and choices.
Shore, kings have been pretty well
Rounded so it’s possible

Northern eagle

Frank Row (1)
Has to be NC second rower Cooper Habler (y12) has played 7 all his life coming up to this season and then is picked at 5 and has had a cracker of a season he does all the dirty work for NC and does not nearly get the recognition he deserves
Really think the shore tight 5 were well drilled all season and underrated. Do agree on the new no 5 habler watched him play on several occasions this year live and on TV. Probably most pilfers and tackles I have seen from the row!

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It seems High chose to excel in other sports to the detriment of rugby.
This was their first soccer premiership in 29 years and they usually don’t perform well in soccer or any other sport TBH

but focusing more on other sports more than rugby is not the main reason why rugby is dead there (demographic, lack of resources, academic culture etc,)

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Grammar and High were in a lot more trouble than Shore and there was no way back without significantly changing the ethos of those schools. IMO the schools had no desire to change this ethos to chase the other schools on one sport.
There are 1200 boys at Grammar (senior school) and less than 150 play rugby. The boys who do play enjoy the sport and get to benefit from what rugby has to offer but the days of competing with the GPS rugby schools are long gone and never to return.
My view is the 3rds competition is a bonus for GPS and the 3 schools who also compete in this should not be frowned upon.
We need some ideas on how to get High more competitive as they have more players than Grammar across the school but the skill levels and experience doesn’t even match up to Grammar at the moment.

Joker

Staff member
Ok. @cyclopath could kindly close this thread.
All discussion for next season should be directed to the NSWAAGPS 2025 thread (could that be opened)
My powers are new but still feeling me way.

Cyclopath 1.gif

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Last post in the 2024 thread.

That famous rugby nursery of champions, St Joseph's College, with 57 premierships compared to Shore's 10, win the rowing.
Sydney's best rowing school by a country mile, Shore, with 48 Major Rennies dwarfing Joeys miserable 10, takes out the rugby.

What a year!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.