• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnJuice7

Bob McCowan (2)
In regards to all the chat about development, juniors performance, program strength, etc.

This weekend will be an enormous test to see the muster of some schools with all but 5 Joeys teams taking on View at their level and as far as I know every View team playing Joeys.
This will actually test and prove these schools depth and there will be none of this caveating bs about higher grades, every team is matched.
Whilst comparing other weekends is all weekends is all well and good this matchup will be proof.

We all like to argue and assert which school has the best juniors and programs, however it is tese weekends that actually show it.

Good luck to both schools and may the best side win.

JohnJuice7

Bob McCowan (2)
Also I remember hearing Joker talk about 'The Sin at Leichhardt" and wondering about the attitude of the boys towards it.

I have some connections with and at joeys and I can report that the boys there do widely support and look up to the game, I think this is also likely because almost none of them have experienced a Joeys vs Riverview game in the swamp and most of them then don't know what their missing out on.

twister29

Stan Wickham (3)
i find it really interesting that shore has been dominating in the 1stxv this year but struggle to compete in junior age groups. An example of this is that shore only won 2 out of the 26 games that were played against joeys.
I think the fact is that Joeys is just extremely dominant across all age groups. 16s undefeated in some teams except for Joeys. Similar can be said for most age groups, not dominant but not blown out.

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think the fact is that Joeys is just extremely dominant across all age groups. 16s undefeated in some teams except for Joeys. Similar can be said for most age groups, not dominant but not blown out.
Yep shore 16a’s and some of the lower 16 teams came into last week undefeated but were out beaten by scores like 17-0, 27-0 etc

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cricket will be fine …

biggest loser will be basketball, lots of solid athletes mucking around in B,Cs basketball simply because there isn’t another sport to pick .
Yeah but the best athletes that play in 1sts will still play and that’s what matters most so I think they’ll be fine

Backintheolddays

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots to underperform....again
Scots were my season pick, disappointed for a hugely talented bunch of boys.
They were the only team to take a point off a dominant Kings team last year.
They will not need any motivation to try and rain on Shores parade this weekend, should be a cracker.

Goosestep

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah but the best athletes that play in 1sts will still play and that’s what matters most so I think they’ll be fine

Of course, but of lot of students who just wanna play footy will pick up social basketball as it’s less of a commitment than say cricket or rowing …

Now, If they had the option of league or touch footy a lot would switch from basketball …

and I’ve always said if summer soccer was a option it would probably more competitive than the winter one, as a lot of rugby players would pick it up as there summer sport.

Ruck and roll

Frank Row (1)
We have now reached a time where winning 2 games out of 20+ against Joeys makes you a good rugby school or "officially the most dominant rugby school in Australia".

And that's ignoring ISA and CAS schools which are both giving GPS a run for their money. (As seen in the Augies v Joeys weekend)
Yes CAS and ISA have got considerably better as schools but GPS still stands stronger collectively as shown in the 1st XV and 2nd XV rep games

JohnJuice7

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes CAS and ISA have got considerably better as schools but GPS still stands stronger collectively as shown in the 1st XV and 2nd XV rep games

Stronger as an association yes, but most individual schools are now falling behind. It should be considered the GPS team comes from 6 schools whereas ISA is 2 and CAS is essentially 3 schools.

Syd

Herbert Moran (7)
[/QUOTE]
We are a good rugby school, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
We have now reached a time where winning 2 games out of 20+ against Joeys makes you a good rugby school or "officially the most dominant rugby school in Australia".

And that's ignoring ISA and CAS schools which are both giving GPS a run for their money. (As seen in the Augies v Joeys weekend)

Pretty sure that was a troll from someone not associated with the school. The sound minded have a grasp on reality, and are also appropriately (and respectfully) chuffed about this seasons results so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.