• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Staff member
1723629084087.png

8tqdd4.jpg

JohnJuice7

Bob McCowan (2)
What are your thoughts on Joeys discipline?

Justice getting two sin bins and Johannes a send off + 1 week out. With those being the 4 games they have lost?
Not to mention the seconds.

I feel the school, coaches, players mates and the players all need to up their game. It's really unacceptable, especially given how it seems to have cost them their season.

The 6 Seat

Bob McCowan (2)
What are your thoughts on Joeys discipline?

Justice getting two sin bins and Johannes a send off + 1 week out. With those being the 4 games they have lost?
Not to mention the seconds.

I feel the school, coaches, players mates and the players all need to up their game. It's really unacceptable, especially given how it seems to have cost them their season.
Letting themselves down really, talented team but the whip might need some cracking…

Rookie21

Jimmy Flynn (14)
We have now reached a time where winning 2 games out of 20+ against Joeys makes you a good rugby school or "officially the most dominant rugby school in Australia".

And that's ignoring ISA and CAS schools which are both giving GPS a run for their money. (As seen in the Augies v Joeys weekend)
My assessment of Shore being a good Rugby school does not stem from their win against Joeys. It stems from the fact that the school has good pathway systems in place, immaculate training facilities and coaching staff, strong results in lower age groups and, most importantly, has won the 1st XV competition this year.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
My assessment of Shore being a good Rugby school does not stem from their win against Joeys. It stems from the fact that the school has good pathway systems in place, immaculate training facilities and coaching staff, strong results in lower age groups and, most importantly, has won the 1st XV competition this year.
Strong results in lower age groups? Man, can you count? 1 out of say 15 lower age matches doesn’t sound all that strong.

Rugby Survivor

Ted Fahey (11)
Joeys may have to look at what they did over the school holidays. Their camp obviously didn't help them having lost all three games since term 3 started. Maybe staying at the school and using the facilities there is a more sensible approach rather than heading to Kingscliff and the beach.

Rookie21

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Strong results in lower age groups? Man, can you count? 1 out of say 15 lower age matches doesn’t sound all that strong.
Yes, Joeys did get the better of Shore for the most part last week, but, generally, the lower age groups have performed well. Joeys are the premier rugby school in the country. I don't know where all this chat about them falling off has come from.

The Backlynagh

Bob McCowan (2)
Lots of variables that can indicate a good rugby School. Agree with most of your points, Rookie. We should also take into account the very quick turn around in the consistency of the Shore 1st XV over the last few years (likely due to those factors). Let's not forget the exceptional turn out by Shore students at games. Rugby plays an important role in generating culture within GPS schools. Joey's has always been brilliant at this, and Shore is now 'lifting their game'. Improving this aspect of a school can only improve the 'goodness' of it's Rugby.

Rookie21

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Lots of variables that can indicate a good rugby School. Agree with most of your points, Rookie. We should also take into account the very quick turn around in the consistency of the Shore 1st XV over the last few years (likely due to those factors). Let's not forget the exceptional turn out by Shore students at games. Rugby plays an important role in generating culture within GPS schools. Joey's has always been brilliant at this, and Shore is now 'lifting their game'. Improving this aspect of a school can only improve the 'goodness' of it's Rugby.
Well said, my friend.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yes, Joeys did get the better of Shore for the most part last week, but, generally, the lower age groups have performed well. Joeys are the premier rugby school in the country. I don't know where all this chat about them falling off has come from.
Both programs are strong and there is no doubting that. One has been an established powerhouse since the dawn of time and one is just rising up now. There will obviously be hiccups but they consistently beat New and Kings across the board.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Shore School 1st XV vs SCOTS

1. Jamieson LYNE
2. James WARNER
3. Felix HARVISON
4. Ethan HAMILTON
5. Ed BAXTER
6. Gus GORDON
7. Marshall LE MAITRE (c)
8. Bede CLOUT
9. Jack BINNIE
10. Rex BASSINGTHWAIGHTE
11. Ollie MACKELLAR
12. Henry CONICK
13. Lewis KINGDOM
14. Hugh BREAKWELL
15. Jai CALLAGHAN

Full strength for the Shore boys as they fight for an outright title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.