• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
The recent demise of this forum is extremely disappointing to a GPS old boy with a great interest in our great game and genuine belief that people want to know about GPS rugby. Despite the very best efforts of such genuine contributors as @Rudderless @Balmain Subbies @Goosestep @Quick Hands @rugbyAU @Joker and long time score reporter @brumbiesrugby just to name a few. So disappointing.
INP
Agree 100%

This particular season's forum has been a really tough read at times with all the dribble.

If we can stick to talking about the last 4 rounds (whatever grade), the upcoming Opens trials, the u16 Championships this week and then the Aust Schools Championships up at the Sunshine Coast next week it sure would lift the bar.

Thanks to the moderators for continuing to ban those not here for the right reasons.

Cauliflower Ear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Members and Spectators of this forum,

This forum is meant to bring people together through the love of this beautiful game, not tear us apart. The GPS season has been awesome to watch with a competitive ladder and no dead rubber games, yet this forum has undertaken a civil war. Schoolboys have been an essential component of this forum since its inception; providing injury updates, team lists and information not accessible to the average spectator. Unfortunately, as with all good things, it has gone too far. This forum has been diluted and polluted by the unnecessary posts of schoolboys that do not represent the spirit in which this forum was founded. One-lined comments that bring no value and do not add anything to existing discussions are pointless and hide the gems that are posted on this platform. Recent accounts should not have posted 45 TIMES WITHIN TWO DAYS and 60+ POSTS WITHIN ONE WEEK. The inter-school dialogue that once characterised this website has been overpowered and diminished by these accounts.

I am not against new accounts at all. After years of watching the banter on this forum, I created my account this season to finally join the discussion and provide my views when I feel it is appropriate.

Schoolboys that love this forum and the discussion undertaken on it; call out the actions of your mates, report the spam messages and help us bring back the meaningful dialogue we all yearn for. I understand some may perceive this message as a joke and too dramatic, but it is time. Please don't respond to this message with the hate that has sadly become common on this forum.

Kind Regards
A man that just wants to chat GPS footy.

The Soaring Eagle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Members and Spectators of this forum
Couldn't have said it better. This forum was fortunately given a second chance by a moderator on behalf of @Lindommer who pleaded our case to keep it running. So schoolboy or not, if you enjoy this forum you would understand that the useless comments and cheap one-lined jokes would have to stop. Please understand some people enjoy this forum and the discussion undertaken on it.
We don't have a second chance, Cheers.

Last edited:

moa999

Watty Friend (18)
NSW Rugby TV - ** WARNING **

For those wanting to watch the Rep games, or Schools Trials (as the site refers to them) on Thu and Fri.

Don't buy the "NSW Junior State Championships" package - that was for the tournament some time ago.

You just need the Daily ($6.99) or Monthly ($10.99) pass.

(Based on email chat with Sideline support)

Edit - at my suggestion they've now removed the older packages so should be nice and clear.

Last edited:

Darth Maul

Bob McCowan (2)
anyone have any information on the various training camps these holidays, would be interested to know how each school will be preparing for the remainder of the season.

tight5

Stan Wickham (3)
Year 10s playing up I'm 50/50 with, I would give them the choice. Make yourself eligible to play 1st/2nd at school and only eligible to trial for GPS Opens therefore forfeit the eligibility to drop back down to U16 presidents. Your words "if you're good enough" should have it and make it. You will then see real esires to play Opens or not

Importing players won't really show how good a coach is. Adapting game plan to suit player roster would be more interesting

If I was looking to watch a prop/back rower who doesnt compete at every other ruck, pull down rather than drive a shoulder and tackle waiting to carry a ball. I'd go back to watching league and their edge players. Fitness in tight 5 is subjective to what you think is important and work rate. Scrummaging vs ball carrier, being a lifter(ball carrier) vs jumper etc