• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
They couldn't even come up with distinguishing uniforms and have defaulted to just blue and white.
Colours have been the same for decades.
One of my former players in the Scots Prep 1st XV was wearing an old white jersey with 10 on the back.
I asked where it came from. He said, "It belonged to my grandad"
His grandad was John Solomon (Wallaby 366). He was a Scots boy and one of the greatest.
It was incredible that his grandson was wearing the AAGPS jersey he wore in 1947!
I was most fortunate to have taught three of his grand kids. We were good friends and he loved the way I coached the boys)
1719273322047.jpeg

In a surprise gesture fitting the rarity in those days of the South Africa being beaten at home, the Boks forwards chaired Solomon from the field.

totalrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS 2s better than GPS 1s, opinions? Having boys like Johannes Logan, Daniel Osborne, and Issac Fonua all missing out.
To some extent John, yes. Although I would argue that the 2s have some better individual players such as Osborne, Logan etc but as a team are slightly beaten by the 1s team. Also, Fonua is out with injury.

gus titler

Stan Wickham (3)
His father, Chris, was an esteemed legend of the Central Western Rugby League. Joe was apart of the esteemed St Johns Dubbo alumni which has housed some great league boys like Matt Burton, Isiah Yeo, Malakai Butcherine, Rex Bassingwhaite and Solomon Butcherine. I know Joe suffered some injury issues sometime last year in a game of league himself. Was touted to be a possible 1s player prior to this but as you said has struggled to reemerge to his past standard. He's taken Xavier Anderson's spot in the 3s for next term as that kid himself has slumped recently. Seeing him and his old man this weekend will have a good chat regarding where his footy is taking him
This is obsurd, Xavier Anderson is a proud player who prides himself on working hard and I'm sure with a long holidays he will find him self back in the 3s jumper, making the 2s coaches aware of him.

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Predicted View Lineup 2025
1. D. Osbourne
2. C. Briggs
3. S. Conna
4. T. Tancred
5. G. Tancred
6. I. Perkins
7. H. Dempsey
8. C. Conna
9. B. Bowen
10. G. Grover
11. M. GyattSus
12. A. McGrath
13. K. Lacelles
14. B. Folkes
15. F. Garling

Strong 15as age group definitely push for 1sts next year

Let me know your thoughts

Regards

Tighty
You can kindly post this line up in the NSW AAGPS 2025 thread.

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Four players in the GPS 16B related to Wallabies, has to be a record

and one related to a Waratah
Hope they are equally as talented! IF all goes well for them, I look forward to their first match up against ISA 16/1
ISA 16/1 2023 defeated GPS 16B and they played the grand final against GPS 16A. ISA 1 lost of course.
ISA 16/1 2024 squad has a lot of exciting players particularly in their backline.
One of the must watch game if all goes well for them.

runningrugbyrules

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hope they are equally as talented! IF all goes well for them, I look forward to their first match up against ISA 16/1
ISA 16/1 2023 defeated GPS 16B and they played the grand final against GPS 16A. ISA 1 lost of course.
ISA 16/1 2024 squad has a lot of exciting players particularly in their backline.
One of the must watch game if all goes well for them.
Hasani Blomfield (TKS) will be playing against all his old Oakhill teammates including 4-5 NSW U/15 teammates

Last edited: