• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Soaring Eagle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Congratulations Riverview Representatives
IMG_1700.jpeg
IMG_1701.jpeg
IMG_1703.jpeg

Last edited:

hituplover

Stan Wickham (3)
With so many rep games I have decided to focus on four games this coming Friday.
Last year the GPS 3rds and 4ths were upset in their games.
The Sydney team in particular contained a number of ex-AAGPS boys who were playing 1st Colts and we under the age of 19.
Here it is for this week.
GET THEM IN EARLY please.

View attachment 19606
GPS 1s +12
GPS 2s +12
Sydney juniors +2
GPS white +4

Cauliflower Ear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Respect your perspective on the game and the team @Cauliflower Ear - we can agree to disagree in this instance.
There were high hopes for this View team, especially after starting the season so well.
Shore were super impressive yesterday - taking the points man for man in most instances.
There’s huge potential in that View team - would love to see the ball to Hartman in space and to see the wingers touch the ball.
Midfield bombs inside your own half and kicks to the open side with weapons like Callaghan returning it (Palmisani last week) has not and will not yield results.
I hope they turn it around after the break and that they enjoy their rugby
Very hard to expect the wingers and Hartman to play a pivotal role in a game underneath biblical rain. Watching on the streamer, I felt Shore's wingers/outside backs also rarely touched the ball in phase play.
Midfield bombs with aggressive chasers was the central blueprint for the highly successful 2023 View team, that only lost to a generational Kings team.
Yesterday's result was a testament to Shore's class and discipline, rarely misplacing kicks or dropping the ball.

Jamie Hunt

Bob McCowan (2)
With so many rep games I have decided to focus on four games this coming Friday.
The Sydney team in particular contained a number of ex-AAGPS boys who were playing 1st Colts and we under the age of 19.

View attachment 19606
GPS 1s +28
GPS 2s +33
SJRU +7
GPS white +12

Billy McGee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very hard to expect the wingers and Hartman to play a pivotal role in a game underneath biblical rain. Watching on the streamer, I felt Shore's wingers/outside backs also rarely touched the ball in phase play.
Midfield bombs with aggressive chasers was the central blueprint for the highly successful 2023 View team, that only lost to a generational Kings team.
Yesterday's result was a testament to Shore's class and discipline, rarely misplacing kicks or dropping the ball.
Very hard to expect this team to play the same style as the 2023 group.
Very different group who played together in and outside of school for 6 years.
2024 is a meshing of the very strong 16As team of ‘23 and year 12s who played 2s, 3s and below last year.
Again - respect your opinion.

tight5

Stan Wickham (3)
You tell me, you claim that there are more players in TKS 2 and 3 that can play in their 1st. Yet, how many of them made the GPS 1,2,3 or 4 side? Point is, TKS forward packs are much stronger in the YOUNGER age group. That is why their starting 2 and 3 are only 16.
Selection into GPS you either need the exposure or skill. To have a chance of selection you need to get into the 1sts. There are players toiling in all schools 2nd XVs who can make the transition. Held their due to styles of play or whatever reason. How are the younger age groups travelling?

The GroundsKeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Selection into GPS you either need the exposure or skill. To have a chance of selection you need to get into the 1sts. There are players toiling in all schools 2nd XVs who can make the transition. Held their due to styles of play or whatever reason. How are the younger age groups travelling?
Am I right in saying that the TKS 1's,2's and 3's have been effected by quite a few injuries this season.

TGK

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)

View attachment 19606
GPS 1sts +17
GPS 2nds + 20
SJRU +14
GPS 3rd W + 20

JuiceJohn6

Banned
noticed @Joker has been a bit inactive you all good mate? To back you up met Angus Grover this weekend lovely fella as you said. Thought he was an absolute great bloke and a stud of the game backed up by his performance. Hope you're recovering well mate

-John

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
noticed @Joker has been a bit inactive you all good mate? To back you up met Angus Grover this weekend lovely fella as you said. Thought he was an absolute great bloke and a stud of the game backed up by his performance. Hope you're recovering well mate

-John
Thanks John. Angus was a delight to meet. I admire his play very much.
My health is up and down but have been spending longer out of bed these days.
I enjoy reading the debate here. Plenty of good people doing a great job.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
Thanks John. Angus was a delight to meet. I admire his play very much.
My health is up and down but have been spending longer out of bed these days.
I enjoy reading the debate here. Plenty of good people doing a great job.
great to hear that you have been enjoying the discussion of late as I think we all have. I believe that Sully's grand intervention really pulled this forum back from the brink of insanity, would've been sad to see the few spoil the fun of the many.