• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
Kings had 17 boys in GPS sides last year, so for anyone wondering if 2nd XV players are able to be picked they are if capable of that level.

shaquille_oatmeal

Stan Wickham (3)
Just watched the highlights of the View V Shore game and Shore were the better team, fought hard for the win.

However, noticed at the end of the game Shore 10 standing over a view player who was taken to ground during a maul to end the game, giving him a bit of lip and pushing the view boys around

Bit of a coward act in my opinion, good to see a few of the other shore boys break this up though such as the 6 and the 7
Knowing how Shore can be with pushing other team's buttons I was actually quite impressed with their conduct yesterday, you'll always have bad eggs who will want to be like that, but as you said the others breaking that up is a good sign in itself.

Billy McGee

Peter Burge (5)
Watching Shore v View yesterday it looked like View's players were going for individual highlight reels, really disappointing as a supporter to see so much individualism when you have 14 other players with you on the field. Hopefully they can sort this out over the coming weeks.
Was tough viewing @shaquille_oatmeal - View forwards were overpowered by the Shore front row - Tancred and Conna were missed.
View backs imploded.
Not fair to name players but it’s clear that changes are required to the starting team.
The depth of the Shore backs - in shocking conditions - reminded me of the great Joeys set ups of the early 90s.
In contrast, View were flat - kicking game was impotent - and the dropped ball from the inside backs was crippling.
the cracks were there last weekend - the dam wall burst yesterday

the player

Frank Row (1)
With so many rep games I have decided to focus on four games this coming Friday.
Last year the GPS 3rds and 4ths were upset in their games.
The Sydney team in particular contained a number of ex-AAGPS boys who were playing 1st Colts and we under the age of 19.
Here it is for this week.
GET THEM IN EARLY please.

View attachment 19606
GPS 1st +12
GPS 2nd +15
SJRU +7
GPS White +3

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
The top three teams are dominated by Joeys, Shore and View. View the outlier from the table perspective.
With Fonua out (used most recent published teams not original) Kings only has 2 selected in top three GPS rep teams. That is a significant statistical outlier. View was the outlier in representation with only two players from their 1st XV not making a GPS rep side while coming last on the table.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Are TKS 2 and 3 good enough to start in GPS 1s? Yet they're in the President's U16s
You tell me, you claim that there are more players in TKS 2 and 3 that can play in their 1st. Yet, how many of them made the GPS 1,2,3 or 4 side? Point is, TKS forward packs are much stronger in the YOUNGER age group. That is why their starting 2 and 3 are only 16.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
The top three teams are dominated by Joeys, Shore and View. View the outlier from the table perspective.
With Fonua out (used most recent published teams not original) Kings only has 2 selected in top three GPS rep teams. That is a significant statistical outlier. View was the outlier in representation with only two players from their 1st XV not making a GPS rep side while coming last on the table.
interesting stat on view, I would not say personally though that any of their selections were undeserving.

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
SchoolGPS 1st2nd3rd4thTotalex 4th
E3351111
I3244139
J44321311
K11352
N331297
S122385
G110
45​
Doesn't this table show that Shore are massively under-performing? based on the exhausting selection process the selectors have said they have enough good players, that are in form to be equal top. If it isn't the players, then what is the reason? Is it the coaching? Is it strategy? Is it the expensive stand that faces the wrong way?