• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

KingD

Bob McCowan (2)

Maul of Duty

Herbert Moran (7)
Is the Waratah Academy team Gen Blue? Lost to Qld in 1 game earlier this year.
or is Gen Blue the end of season games?
Something doesn’t seem right with that. I believe it changed from Gen Blue to Waratahs. At the start of the year the u18 Waratahs won both of the two scheduled games and the one at Concord oval was a blow out

KingD

Bob McCowan (2)
Something doesn’t seem right with that. I believe it changed from Gen Blue to Waratahs. At the start of the year the u18 Waratahs won both of the two scheduled games and the one at Concord oval was a blow out
Thanks, must be a typo, Waratahs won 54-14 (link says 0-14)

KingD

Bob McCowan (2)
This is purely out of curiosity. I want GPS 1 to win. The Australian Schools Rugby Championships is next month from Tuesday 02/07 to Saturday 06/07. The Australian Secondary School Rugby League National Championship is also next month from 06/07 - 12/07. Now I already know that there are boys in the GPS 1 who also made the CIS U18. Will they play this game next week?
View attachment 19605
Is that why Rodwell not featuring in any teams? Has he opted to play CIS league and the others haven’t?

tight5

Stan Wickham (3)
Won the lineouts but lost two tightheads and no scrum dominance. Once Fonua off Lavercombe was only effective carrier. We defended well but Scots made all the running, both in tight and out wide.
Only four games to go and I believe the coaches have always used this as a development year where they’ve performed above expectations.
Selections are a funny thing (just see Scots) and I don’t think we’ve seen the best (available) teams selected by TKS with talent still in 2s and 3s but c’est la vie.
Kings have lacked size in the forwards which has influenced several positions and the backs depth, particularly pace out wide, is shallow.
Is setting up ‘25/6 well though.
Agree, interesting to see if Kings coaches bring in 2nds/3rds players to bolster. If indeed planned to be a development year coaches need to be realistic. You can't expect to win the comp based on that statement and fall back on "we were written off"

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
With so many rep games I have decided to focus on four games this coming Friday.
Last year the GPS 3rds and 4ths were upset in their games.
The Sydney team in particular contained a number of ex-AAGPS boys who were playing 1st Colts and we under the age of 19.
Here it is for this week.
GET THEM IN EARLY please.

1719095886328.png

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With so many rep games I have decided to focus on four games this coming Friday.
The Sydney team in particular contained a number of ex-AAGPS boys who were playing 1st Colts and we under the age of 19.

View attachment 19606
GPS 1 + 30
GPS 2 + 30
SJRU + 15
Country + 10

rockstar

Herbert Moran (7)
AAGPS Rugby Round 5 in 18 words

Joeys - Still the one
Riverview - Lost no admirers
Newington - On a roll
Kings - Missed their tackles
Shore - Performed under pressure
Scots - Bunch of strangers
AAGPS Round 6 in 18 words
Joeys - Clear premiership favourites
Riverview - Playing for pride
Newington - A fraction disappointing
Kings - Sloppy and clunky
Shore - Finding their mojo
Scots - Took their chances

PROPaganda

Herbert Moran (7)
Does any have the Presidents A and B team lists from last year. Would be interesting to see those guys compared to how they have gone this year.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
Does any have the Presidents A and B team lists from last year. Would be interesting to see those guys compared to how they have gone this year.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 10.04.02 am.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 10.04.02 am.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 10.04.25 am.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 10.04.25 am.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 296

GPSwaterboy

Bob McCowan (2)
Congratulations to all selected. Was wondering if we're told of times, dates and locations for the GPS matches? Thank you

GPSWB

PBear

Peter Burge (5)

View attachment 19606
GPS 1 +24
GPS 2 +28
GPS Blue +8
GPS White +12