• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Well played by Scots today, deserved winners. Kings started at a million miles an hour and looked great with an early try. From there the game evened out with Kings probably shading the first half while going to oranges at 7-10.
Whatever cool aid the Scots boys had at HT did the trick. Kings forwards have been fantastic all season and not outpointed. Not so today. Scots forwards dominated the second half and only the resolute Kings defence kept them out.
Mackenzie got two length of the field tries in each half to be the difference. Scots backs still not on song but easily on top of their counterparts who found edge defence challenges similar to New and little penetration.
Joeys now have a two game lead on the field with four to go so they have one hand on the premiership.
A much improved performance from Scots today but in a very even comp don’t see either of these teams challenging for the top spot but still capable of getting more wins before season end.
Yep it should just be GPS 1st and 2nd XV with some reserves

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
presidents XV is an under 16s side.
Thx
Ignore if already raised but can’t help feeling GPS selection is being slightly diluted by 4 teams being selected from 6 schools. “Back in the day” there were three teams from 8 schools and that ratio seemed about right. It’s almost more embarrassing now if you’re a 1st XV player and don’t make a team…
Grammar have 2 players selected so technically its 4 teams from 7 schools but I get your point. Out of interest, did TAS ever feature back in the day?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Whats the blue and white teams?
Been doing it for more than a decade. GPS and CAS used to pick 3 teams each. From memory, GPS 3s usually won easily. The Blue and White teams usually have close matches against teams like Sydney Juniors which I think is useful when the selectors are trying to find good players from these weaker rep teams. Also GPS 3s have often has players make NSW teams eg 3rd best half back or hooker from GPS can often be a very good player.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
Congratulations to all the boys selected to represent GPS Rugby in the upcoming fixtures. Tremendous effort by all the boys and there families who help make it all happen in the first place.
Indeed. Great to see a good mix of boys from a range of schools and all are well deserving of their selections, in particular, the Ignatian boys; Graham, Grover and Hartman.
Up the Jesuits

hahaha. Only banter as the @Joker would tell you, on a more serious note I think this side will be a great representation of what GPS footy is all about next week!

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Mid team. Gps don’t know whats coming for them. ISA by 50
1719060666533.png

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
This is purely out of curiosity. I want GPS 1 to win. The Australian Schools Rugby Championships is next month from Tuesday 02/07 to Saturday 06/07. The Australian Secondary School Rugby League National Championship is also next month from 06/07 - 12/07. Now I already know that there are boys in the GPS 1 who also made the CIS U18. Will they play this game next week?
1719063066240.png

TBelly

Frank Row (1)
Well played by Scots today, deserved winners. Kings started at a million miles an hour and looked great with an early try. From there the game evened out with Kings probably shading the first half while going to oranges at 7-10.
Whatever cool aid the Scots boys had at HT did the trick. Kings forwards have been fantastic all season and not outpointed. Not so today. Scots forwards dominated the second half and only the resolute Kings defence kept them out.
Mackenzie got two length of the field tries in each half to be the difference. Scots backs still not on song but easily on top of their counterparts who found edge defence challenges similar to New and little penetration.
Joeys now have a two game lead on the field with four to go so they have one hand on the premiership.
A much improved performance from Scots today but in a very even comp don’t see either of these teams challenging for the top spot but still capable of getting more wins before season end.
I don’t know what game you watched but the TKS forwards, particularly that front row, clearly outperformed the TSC forwards. It’s the TKS backs who unfortunately didn’t read the game again and made questionable decisions.
Was a very deserving win by TSC, strong game plan and efforts across the whole field. Well done Scots

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
I don’t know what game you watched but the TKS forwards, particularly that front row, clearly outperformed the TSC forwards. It’s the TKS backs who unfortunately didn’t read the game again and made questionable decisions.
Was a very deserving win by TSC, strong game plan and efforts across the whole field. Well done Scots
Won the lineouts but lost two tightheads and no scrum dominance. Once Fonua off Lavercombe was only effective carrier. We defended well but Scots made all the running, both in tight and out wide.
Only four games to go and I believe the coaches have always used this as a development year where they’ve performed above expectations.
Selections are a funny thing (just see Scots) and I don’t think we’ve seen the best (available) teams selected by TKS with talent still in 2s and 3s but c’est la vie.
Kings have lacked size in the forwards which has influenced several positions and the backs depth, particularly pace out wide, is shallow.
Is setting up ‘25/6 well though.