• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

footyismyname

Bob McCowan (2)
Sad to see the Kings 1st XV lose to New 1st XV this Saturday at the White Oval on the weekend, here are my thoughts on the game...

Kings:

Hugo Kable (#15) -
Played an exceptional game, a couple of meat pies and a very courageous defensive effort from the temporary fullback, had a cracking game and would have scored some serious fantasy points.

Hasani Bloomfield (#3) - Has been on a roll of playing some amazing footy, on the weekend he just didn't receive the ball enough, eventually TKS suffered as they didn't have one of their stronger ball carriers running hard and lethal lines.

Newington:

Hemasi (#11) -
Had an absolute blinder on Saturday scoring a try and running a muck on the wing, due to his size and speed he was breezing past the Kings backs and giving the "dont argue" to a couple. Overall a great effort and an amazing game from the young man.

Newington #15 (not sure of his name) - This young fella who lacks size had ticker and a handy skillset to go alongside that, scoring a try in the slippery conditions of the White Oval. He was involved in many of Newington's successful backline plays and was everywhere.

Overall:

The Kings vs New matchup ( Oldest rivalry in GPS) was another try packed game with exciting elements throughout the whole game. The Kings boys unfortunately couldn't stick their tackles and couldn't capitalise on the few chances that were presented to them. Overall I think the TKS rugby program is still on the up, although the 16A's have had a tough few weeks , they are missing many players but still have talent, especially that forward pack. And also the players playing up: Matthews, Davies, Taylor, El Kurdi, Risati, Bloomfield, Smith.

The New boys on the other hand, played exceptional. There flow was great, the backs were in unison and playing to the best of their ability. One of Newingtons better games this season, especially after the draw in the pre season battle between the both of them.

Good news is...

We will see the Kings vs New battle again, only at Stanmore airport. How exciting...

Thatsmyname.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Where is this competition held?

1718616330814.png

1718616376967.png

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can-You-HELP.jpg

We still need 13A, 14A, 15A and 16A results from the weekend.
(already have SJC v SIC)
Please post the results here as the stats team monitor the thread.

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
These schools are big businesses these days - hard to imagine a Headmaster would have enough time to coach a team with the workload.
Agree - ideal situation is to have a large number of teaching staff involved in the rugby programs. Problem is too few are qualified and that a passion for the game is also required
Joeys Headmaster coaches the 15Cs.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Got to have Le Maitre and Bassingthwaighte in there somewhere. Le Maitre would be my captain
Honestly, Lemaitre has been good but J Logan has been Joeys best forward I believe. I do also like that Riverview 7 as well, plenty of ticker. As for Bassingthwaighte, the boy's as talented as they come, but to me he is not a 10, more of a 15 or even 13. He runs it well but sometimes lacks distribution and in game kicking. Take my word with a grain of salt although, just an outside observer with an unqualified opinion.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
That’s very impressive. Says a lot about how important “the code” is to the school
It has been for many, many years. One Headmaster took the 13Gs, the bottom team. The parents were so proud of the boss for putting his words into action.

One day an opposition coach wasn't happy and stormed over to the Joeys Head yelling how rough the Joeboys were and how he was a disgrace. He wanted to know what the name of the Joeys Headmaster was.
The Joeys boss calmly replied, "My name is Ross".
The visiting teacher said, "not your name, the boss".
To which again Ross replied, "I am the boss. Be assured I will be speaking to yours today".
He then took the young fella aside, had a quiet word with and left it at that.
I got this from him one lunch time.

NedKelly

Peter Burge (5)
2nds was predictable and I could see Scots winning the prem easily.
Not so sure about 'easily'.

Looks like there's not much between them and Joeys. Each had big wins over View, comfortable wins over New, narrow wins against King's, while Scots beat Shore more comfortably than Joeys did. In the match between them at Hunter's Hill, Scots won by a point after Joeys missed what would've been the winning penalty.

Whether Scots win outright or share the premiership with Joeys looks likely to be decided by the return match at Bellevue Hill. Scots 1st XV hopes are gone which should temper any temptation to elevate their top 2nds performers at the expense of a potential premiership. You'd have to favour Scots in a home game to take it out but it should be a cracker.