• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
I know it's the master,@ItsNotPink 's job, and we all look forward to and absolutely love his weekly previews and reviews, so I'll keep it brief.

I think Scots, View & Shore are looking good. Scots, who beat Kings in trials & Joeys in Round 1, have the capability to defend the title if they keep it up. Close behind looks like Shore and View. Shore comfortably defeated both Kings (trial) and TAS (rd 1), but did lose to View (in a trial game though). View just beat High 68-0, beat Newo 26-7, and as said before, just edged out a victory over Shore 10-8. Grammar, who are often forgotten, are also shaping up well, so they can also be a contender. We'll see.

I don't keep up with the 3s (apart from Scots) as much as hoped, but my predicted finishing ladder is:
1. Scots (BACK TO BACK)
2. Shore
3. View (shore and view can swap)
4. Joeys
5. Grammar (joeys and grammar can swap)
5. TAS
6. Kings
7. Newo
8. High
Love your work @RushingRob and its great to see some enthusiasm for the 3rd XV competition in the forum.
I will be producing the Round 2 Preview tomorrow (Thursday) but in the meantime a few comments on your very astute predictions.
Scots are definitely the front runners and no doubt about it.
Shore v Joeys on Saturday will tell us a bit more about their respective chances and Grammar v Riverview is also a key game.
I do think Kings are struggling a bit in the early stages so will be interested to see how they go in Armidale.
Unfortunately Newington are not in the 3rd XV comp even though they played some trials. This is to predominantly to keep TAS in the comp with room for only 8 teams.
My full Round2 Preview to come.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Quick question for @Joker or anyone who knows, how would Denis (or anyone who matches this scenario) be allowed to repeat year 12 and continue to play GPS sport? Wouldn't he be turning 19 the second year? The only way that would allow this would be that he was a year young, and turned 17 in 1980, and 18 in 1981. But if he was 18 in '80 and 19 in '81, how was he allowed to play?

I may be wrong, maybe this is allowed, but I always thought if you want to repeat yr 12, you can't play school sport the second year as you are too old.
I think this must be ‘under 19 rule’ was brought in much later than 81. I was recently at GPS Gold Challenge and one of the Riverview guys had done year 12 3 times. Either that or he Captained Riverview Aths and 1st XV while in year 10.

The President

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know it's the master,@ItsNotPink 's job, and we all look forward to and absolutely love his weekly previews and reviews, so I'll keep it brief.

I think Scots, View & Shore are looking good. Scots, who beat Kings in trials & Joeys in Round 1, have the capability to defend the title if they keep it up. Close behind looks like Shore and View. Shore comfortably defeated both Kings (trial) and TAS (rd 1), but did lose to View (in a trial game though). View just beat High 68-0, beat Newo 26-7, and as said before, just edged out a victory over Shore 10-8. Grammar, who are often forgotten, are also shaping up well, so they can also be a contender. We'll see.

I don't keep up with the 3s (apart from Scots) as much as hoped, but my predicted finishing ladder is:
1. Scots (BACK TO BACK)
2. Shore
3. View (shore and view can swap)
4. Joeys
5. Grammar (joeys and grammar can swap)
5. TAS
6. Kings
7. Newo
8. High
I have got Joeys to win the 3rd XV comp. You can never count them out as they always find a way to win across any sport no matter the circumstances

President

CutOutBallFanatic

Herbert Moran (7)
Scots or View seem to be the clear favourites for the 3rd XV competition in my eyes, and if I'm not mistaken, view beat shore in a trial game and Scots have beaten joeys in a game earlier on this season. Who knows though hey?

Cheers,
- Fanatic

Scrum Sandwich

Stan Wickham (3)
Saint Ignatius 1st XV:

1. Tancred
2. Hodge
3. Osbourne
4. Graham(c)
5. Smith
6. Saunders
7. Dempsey
8. Conna
9. Grover
10. Garling
11. Folkes
12. McGrath
13. Hartman
14. Newton
15. Mason

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
1718234896494.png

spongebob-panicking-about-time-npho2p4ylybi2914.gif

Here for the advice

Frank Nicholson (4)
Love your work @RushingRob and its great to see some enthusiasm for the 3rd XV competition in the forum.
I will be producing the Round 2 Preview tomorrow (Thursday) but in the meantime a few comments on your very astute predictions.
Scots are definitely the front runners and no doubt about it.
Shore v Joeys on Saturday will tell us a bit more about their respective chances and Grammar v Riverview is also a key game.
I do think Kings are struggling a bit in the early stages so will be interested to see how they go in Armidale.
Unfortunately Newington are not in the 3rd XV comp even though they played some trials. This is to predominantly to keep TAS in the comp with room for only 8 teams.
My full Round2 Preview to come.
Could they not allow 9 ?? I am sure the Sydney based teams could easily make that happen and keep TAS too

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
3rd XV Round 2 Preview
After a very exciting Round 1 and time off for the long weekend, Round 2 is being played this week on Saturday 15 June. While it’s still early in the competition, there are some crucial games that will impact the premiership chances of a number of teams, and I will be keeping a close eye on them.

Grammar 1st XV v Riverview 3rd XV (11:30am on Weigall 1)
Match of the round as two of the winners from Round 1 clash at Rushcutters Bay. Riverview opened the season with a very easy win over High while Grammar recorded a good win at Kings. This match is almost impossible to pick. It really will be a great contest, but I will give Grammar the edge based just on their home field advantage. Weigall has been a fortress in recent years and a big challenge for visiting teams.
Grammar by 2

Shore 3rd XV v Joeys 3rd XV (11:00am on Northbridge A)
After a strong victory over TAS, Shore now take on Joeys at Northbridge with the Cerise & Blue coming off a five-point loss to Scots in Round 1. This is a must-win game for Joeys, as two losses will effectively put them out of contention for the premiership. Shore can confirm their form as premiership contenders with another victory at home, but I expect Joeys to rebound from their loss to Scots to win a very close match at Northbridge.
Joeys by 3

TAS 1st XV v Kings 3rd XV (TBC on TAS Backfield)
Kings travel to Armidale for the first of three home games that TAS will play this season. I like TAS chances to open their account with a win at home, but the sky blue might have something to say about that. The trip to Armidale is always a great experience and there should be a vocal crowd supporting TAS on Backfield. It will be a terrific match.
TAS by 5

Scots 3rd XV v High 1st XV (11:00am on Scots Main Field)
After a very good win at home against Joeys in Round 1, Scots face a battling High team for their second home match at Bellevue Hill. I cannot see this going any way other than a big Scots win, as both Joeys and Riverview have both put big scores on the High 1sts in recent weeks. Hopefully High 1sts can put up a good fight against Scots.
Scots by a margin

Good luck to all players for Round 2.
INP