• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
Are there any early favourites for the 3's comp? Know it's only early but would be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Wilty
I know it's the master,@ItsNotPink 's job, and we all look forward to and absolutely love his weekly previews and reviews, so I'll keep it brief.

I think Scots, View & Shore are looking good. Scots, who beat Kings in trials & Joeys in Round 1, have the capability to defend the title if they keep it up. Close behind looks like Shore and View. Shore comfortably defeated both Kings (trial) and TAS (rd 1), but did lose to View (in a trial game though). View just beat High 68-0, beat Newo 26-7, and as said before, just edged out a victory over Shore 10-8. Grammar, who are often forgotten, are also shaping up well, so they can also be a contender. We'll see.

I don't keep up with the 3s (apart from Scots) as much as hoped, but my predicted finishing ladder is:
1. Scots (BACK TO BACK)
2. Shore
3. View (shore and view can swap)
4. Joeys
5. Grammar (joeys and grammar can swap)
5. TAS
6. Kings
7. Newo
8. High

Jockey181

Banned
I know it's the master,@ItsNotPink 's job, and we all look forward to and absolutely love his weekly previews and reviews, so I'll keep it brief.

I think Scots, View & Shore are looking good. Scots, who beat Kings in trials & Joeys in Round 1, have the capability to defend the title if they keep it up. Close behind looks like Shore and View. Shore comfortably defeated both Kings (trial) and TAS (rd 1), but did lose to View (in a trial game though). View just beat High 68-0, beat Newo 26-7, and as said before, just edged out a victory over Shore 10-8. Grammar, who are often forgotten, are also shaping up well, so they can also be a contender. We'll see.

I don't keep up with the 3s (apart from Scots) as much as hoped, but my predicted finishing ladder is:
1. Scots (BACK TO BACK)
2. Shore
3. View (shore and view can swap)
4. Joeys
5. Grammar (joeys and grammar can swap)
5. TAS
6. Kings
7. Newo
8. High
Shore when they lost to view had a very diffirent team to what they have now. As boys call it now the "thirsties at shore are stacked"
Jock(short for jockey and yes i am a jockey)

Jockey181

Banned
@wisemaan What game are you watching this weekend? As you are a sane observer and so do i see myself as that i will be pleased to watch a game with you and eat a pie! All good if not, I'm used to disappointment in life.
Yours truly Jock( once said before and will say to iIm in palliative care- I am a jockey)..

wisemaan

Banned
@wisemaan What game are you watching this weekend? As you are a sane observer and so do i see myself as that i will be pleased to watch a game with you and eat a pie! All good if not, I'm used to disappointment in life.
Yours truly Jock( once said before and will say to iIm in palliative care- I am a jockey)..
I will be going to the Shore game, however will be streaming the Joeys game also.

- wisemaan

Jockey181

Banned
Go ahead and give it a laugh, clearly was a joke and went over your head mate. Changed it now, because people don't get this kind of humour and have a chuckle now a days..
Come on wiseman, u have made a mistake own it be a man which you are. "Respect is given, now take it or leave it fool"

Ballscollector

Herbert Moran (7)
Go ahead and give it a laugh, clearly was a joke and went over your head mate. Changed it now, because people don't get this kind of humour and have a chuckle now a days..
No digs from this side, just a bit of banter and nothing to be taken personally mate, love the match previews just found the slip up to be funny, no need to get defensive.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
No digs from this side, just a bit of banter and nothing to be taken personally mate, love the match previews just found the slip up to be funny, no need to get defensive.
nice.gif

JackJill

Ward Prentice (10)
@Joker
Joeys +5
Scots +3
Kings +7

I presume you will be out at The Garden of Eden this weekend?

Interesting round this

Joeys View may swing either way but I back the strength and tenacity of the Joeys forwards to provide momentum in service to their backs. Don't underestimate View although, with wins against Shore and New and the class of the shifty 9 and 13 they could ask some difficult questions of the Joeys defence

Shore Scots. Battle of the two heavyweights in the pre-season. Some would say their starts have been underwhelming, it's a must-win for both but I believe Scots edge them out with a larger forward pack and elusive backs. Side note is Jacques out for the season???

Kings New, both have gained momentum in the past two weeks with wins where they had their backs against the wall. Again, Kings seem to me the stronger rugby team but don't count out Newington and their 10's capability to create something out of nothing, as he has done so in the past weeks.

Happy tipping to all, honestly some of these tips this year may have been better decided by the flip of a coin.

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
@Joker
Joeys +5
Scots +3
Kings +7

I presume you will be out at The Garden of Eden this weekend?

Interesting round this

Joeys View may swing either way but I back the strength and tenacity of the Joeys forwards to provide momentum in service to their backs. Don't underestimate View although, with wins against Shore and New and the class of the shifty 9 and 13 they could ask some difficult questions of the Joeys defence

Shore Scots. Battle of the two heavyweights in the pre-season. Some would say their starts have been underwhelming, it's a must-win for both but I believe Scots edge them out with a larger forward pack and elusive backs. Side note is Jacques out for the season???

Kings New, both have gained momentum in the past two weeks with wins where they had their backs against the wall. Again, Kings seem to me the stronger rugby team but don't count out Newington and their 10's capability to create something out of nothing, as he has done so in the past weeks.

Happy tipping to all, honestly some of these tips this year may have been better decided by the flip of a coin.
"Shore Scots. Battle of the two heavyweights in the pre-season."

With LJ out, the wings may receive some ball and have a chance to show their stuff out wide - they just need to not revert to type (aka kicking game) and keep the ball alive.

Should be a cracker.