• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Staff member
Hey @Joker these are my tips for the week ahead
SJC +12
shore +7
kings +14
should be a great round and will be fun to watch good luck to all teams
- AG
Thank you for the tips

I regret to say this competition closed before the 1st round of matches.
I do not add people in late.
Play along is fine and publish how you went, but the official comp is closed.
If you are here next year then get in early. Limited spots available.
WINNER? Pub lunch on me.

footyyhead

Frank Row (1)
Another call. Does anyone have the TSC lineup from Thursday please.

Another call. Does anyone have the TSC lineup from Thursday please.
1. Harry Harrington
2. Harry Gianoutsos
3. Cody Clarke
4. Charlie Ulcoq
5. Toby Brial
6. Angus Newman
7. Cooper Guerin
8. Heniz Lamoto
9. Max Patterson
10. Max Soepono
11. Jay Mckenzie
12. Zach Fittler
13. Mark Nikas
14. Tom O'Hara
15. Will Johnson

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
This was posted by propsarespeedy back in Nov 22

Schoolbox post from Brian Smith:

'To the Scots Rugby Community,

As you may be aware, there will be a few changes to the Scots Rugby Program for the 2023 season. I have accepted the role of Head of Sport for the Senior students (Yr10-12) so Ed White will take on the position of Director of Rugby and the former St Joseph's College coach, Tim Anderson will be the 1st XV Head Coach.

Both Ed and Tim have coached at the schoolboy level for many years with great success. From a personal point of view, my time in charge of rugby at Scots has been very enjoyable. Having coached at the international level it's been extremely rewarding to give back to the game by helping to develop some wonderful young players who are fulfilling their rugby dreams and enhancing the Scots College reputation as a nursery for future Wallabies and NRL players. Players like Theo Strang, Ryan McAuley, Darcy Breen, Billy Smith, Will Harris, Jeremy Williams, Joe Brial, Dan Botha, Darby Lancaster and Josh Wong have come through the program in what has been a golden age for rugby at Scots. It's worth remembering that The Scots College won five AAGPS Premierships in the past 10 years. In fact before Dr Lambert arrived at Scots on 2007 the college had won only won six 1st XV Premierships in over 100 years. So thank you for your support during my tenure and good luck to the new leaders of the rugby program. "

Yours sincerely,
Propaganda at its very best, What the then Coach and Director of rugby does not say is that all those premierships were won under his predecessor Mr Marcus Blackburn, 2015 was when Blackburn was handing over to Smith, they were both coaches, so to be clear Smith never won a premiership the ten year span of his quote is to hide this, he broke the run at all costs and don't kick brand of Blackburn that was transcending the entire program and turned the Firsts into a league style kicking game.

Mr Blackburn was often seen at junior games in the mornings building a running rugby program from the bottom up. Brian Smith was never seen before 2pm and only on the main oval, his program was disastrously run from the top down. Results of his tenure are not my opinion they are a matter of fact and plain for all to see. I don't know Tim Anderson but I know that Scots will not take well to losing this season and he will be replaced much the same as the Director or Rowing was hastily shown the door for an ex Olympic Gold Medalist who has the CV to suit the new Director of Sport. Scots will do what Scots does and reach for the top shelf thinking that money can solve their problems, you only have to look at the program post Mr Blackburn to see how that went for them.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
1. Harry Harrington
2. Harry Gianoutsos
3. Cody Clarke
4. Charlie Ulcoq
5. Toby Brial
6. Angus Newman
7. Cooper Guerin
8. Heniz Lamoto
9. Max Patterson
10. Max Soepono
11. Jay Mckenzie
12. Zach Fittler
13. Mark Nikas
14. Tom O'Hara
15. Will Johnson
Legendary.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Right. Competition Round 4 Stats. Shoutout to Newington for finally cleaning up their try scorers and @footyyhead for the TSC Lineup.
1717814185322.png

SUFC

Bob McCowan (2)
would like to ask how is Bartlett eligible for state champs, has he played 4 club games to be eligible?

I understand in 16s he was playing 2nds and club footy, however I’m not sure as to why he would have a interest in playing club footy this year as he is linked to manly sea eagles from my understanding.
depending on the district he’s playing for, he may have been granted an exemption based on previous playing history. he’ll still need to have registered with a junior club though.

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
My predicted 1St GPS XV
1. Felix Harvison
2. James Warner
3. Osbourne
4. Graham
5. Greer
6. Logan
7. Le Maitre (C)
8. Taumoepeau
9. Grover
10. Fowler
11. Hart
12. Gough
13. Jacques
14. Mckenzie
15. Callaghan

Smokeys
- Bassingthwaite
- Newington 5/8 forgot his name
- Harry Davies
- Joeys halfback ( not sure his name)
1. Felix Harvison
2. James Warner
3. Osborne
4. Graham
5. Greer
6. Brial
7. Logan
8. Taumoepeau
9. Grover
10. Rodwell
11. Hartman
12. Connick
13. Jacques
14. Mckenzie
15. Callaghan

Jeremy Wright

Frank Row (1)
Propaganda at its very best, What the then Coach and Director of rugby does not say is that all those premierships were won under his predecessor Mr Marcus Blackburn, 2015 was when Blackburn was handing over to Smith, they were both coaches, so to be clear Smith never won a premiership the ten year span of his quote is to hide this, he broke the run at all costs and don't kick brand of Blackburn that was transcending the entire program and turned the Firsts into a league style kicking game.

Mr Blackburn was often seen at junior games in the mornings building a running rugby program from the bottom up. Brian Smith was never seen before 2pm and only on the main oval, his program was disastrously run from the top down. Results of his tenure are not my opinion they are a matter of fact and plain for all to see. I don't know Tim Anderson but I know that Scots will not take well to losing this season and he will be replaced much the same as the Director or Rowing was hastily shown the door for an ex Olympic Gold Medalist who has the CV to suit the new Director of Sport. Scots will do what Scots does and reach for the top shelf thinking that money can solve their problems, you only have to look at the program post Mr Blackburn to see how that went for them.
I enjoy reading the forum. I haven’t posted before, and I do not intend on posting again. However, I am posting today as I believe that this obsession with Brian Smith has become a personal vendetta, factually incorrect and lacks balance. Brian Smith joined Scots in 2015. During that season he coached the 1st XV, a year when Marcus Blackburn left part way through. They won the competition. In 2016 Scots won the 1st & 2nd XV premiership. In 2017 they won the 1st and 2nd XV premiership. In 2018 they came second (it was a joint prem), in a year when they arguably had one of their strongest teams – running out of steam later in the season after blowing other sides away. In 2019 they came second to Joeys in the 1st XV competition, losing in the last game – the winner takes all decider at Hunters Hill. Brian Smith was Director of Rugby throughout this period, so “results of this tenure” are indeed a matter of fact. Towards the end of his tenure a change of direction was decided upon – he moved out of the rugby program, new people came in - that was 2 seasons ago.

Scots now have a new DOR and 1st XV coaches. Yet their continued struggles, with a Year 12 group that have beaten all before them throughout the School, remain his fault? I find it utterly ludicrous that you continue with this narrative. If they win it is because they got rid of Brian Smith. If they lose it is because of Brian Smith 2 years ago. Premierships won whilst Brian Smith was coach is because of the previous coach. Premierships lost when Brian Smith was coach is because of Brian Smith. Perhaps it might be time to move on from these constant and relentless attacks on him and focus on positive contributions? All the coaches in the program are trying very hard to get the best out of the boys. All of the boys are trying very hard to win. They are young men committing to something they are passionate about. What a great journey to be on. For what its worth, the Scots Rowing program has been no good for decades – so I find it difficult to see how it being no good still is Brian Smith’s fault either.

What I have written is factual and not personal, and not intended to incite further attacks or rebuttal, nor create invite further personal attacks. All coaches have people that are fans of them and people that are not – regardless of how successful or unsuccessful they are. This is schoolboy footy, not the Wallabies. I think it would be worth remembering that. Good luck to the current Scots coaches, I have heard they are good people. Good luck to the boys who are working hard to reach their potential.

noscrumnolife

Bill Watson (15)
Brian Smith's biggest problem wasn't that he didn't coach the 1st XV well, its that he neglected the rest of the school to focus only on the top. There are more than 15-30 boys in a school program, and arguably all good 1st XVs are built on a solid base - in fact that's 100% why Joeys have so much success. Isolating the top players to indulge your fantasy that you are still coaching at an elite level is frankly a bit daft/sad, and spending your time pursuing partnerships with the Sydney Roosters over making every boy feel a part of something is a dereliction of duty.

From someone now on the outside looking in, it seems as if the chickens have come home to roost at TSC.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
I enjoy reading the forum. I haven’t posted before, and I do not intend on posting again. However, I am posting today as I believe that this obsession with Brian Smith has become a personal vendetta, factually incorrect and lacks balance. Brian Smith joined Scots in 2015. During that season he coached the 1st XV, a year when Marcus Blackburn left part way through. They won the competition. In 2016 Scots won the 1st & 2nd XV premiership. In 2017 they won the 1st and 2nd XV premiership. In 2018 they came second (it was a joint prem), in a year when they arguably had one of their strongest teams – running out of steam later in the season after blowing other sides away. In 2019 they came second to Joeys in the 1st XV competition, losing in the last game – the winner takes all decider at Hunters Hill. Brian Smith was Director of Rugby throughout this period, so “results of this tenure” are indeed a matter of fact. Towards the end of his tenure a change of direction was decided upon – he moved out of the rugby program, new people came in - that was 2 seasons ago.

Scots now have a new DOR and 1st XV coaches. Yet their continued struggles, with a Year 12 group that have beaten all before them throughout the School, remain his fault? I find it utterly ludicrous that you continue with this narrative. If they win it is because they got rid of Brian Smith. If they lose it is because of Brian Smith 2 years ago. Premierships won whilst Brian Smith was coach is because of the previous coach. Premierships lost when Brian Smith was coach is because of Brian Smith. Perhaps it might be time to move on from these constant and relentless attacks on him and focus on positive contributions? All the coaches in the program are trying very hard to get the best out of the boys. All of the boys are trying very hard to win. They are young men committing to something they are passionate about. What a great journey to be on. For what its worth, the Scots Rowing program has been no good for decades – so I find it difficult to see how it being no good still is Brian Smith’s fault either.

What I have written is factual and not personal, and not intended to incite further attacks or rebuttal, nor create invite further personal attacks. All coaches have people that are fans of them and people that are not – regardless of how successful or unsuccessful they are. This is schoolboy footy, not the Wallabies. I think it would be worth remembering that. Good luck to the current Scots coaches, I have heard they are good people. Good luck to the boys who are working hard to reach their potential.
There must be a reason why Brian is so unpopular.

TheManTheMyth

Stan Wickham (3)
3 months later......So what do you say now about all those YR 10 BOYS FROM TKS playing up? TKS has the MOST YR 10 playing in the open!

a (not very in depth) review of all the Kings 16s talent...

1sts:
Risati (13/15):
- Very solid
- 2 crucial kicks to ice the game in the last 2 games (both in rain)
- in play kicking game is superb

Bloomfield (3):
- Dangerous with the ball
- hard to slow down
- One of Kings best players

Smith (2):
- Holds his own
- smart player

2nds:
Taylor (10)
- Very talented
- Great vision & IQ

Davies (8):
- Played 1s vs TSC & Shore
- Defended well and held his own against bigger boys
- Proof 'of size doesn't matter'

Matthews (1):
- Very big
- strong carrier
- great defence

El Kurdi (11):
- shifty
- great 1 on 1
- was a big standout when playing 16s

Rookie21

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey lads, apologies for the radio silence. Just been settling into my new home in the UK. By the looks of things, the competition looks to have become even more interesting. Heartbroken as Shore fall agonisingly short once again. I'm really hoping they can start to come out on the other side of these coin toss results. Kings are turning into the surprise packets it seems.

runningrugbyrules

Larry Dwyer (12)
Are you watching the same game's as everyone else? Gough is smaller than Conick and is more of a hard-hitup inside centre, while Conick is rather more of a skilled facilitator for the back line alongside the flyhalf Bassingthwaite, who is also a facilitator but also quite skilled and plays with flair and spark, like a young Kurtley Beale. Saying kicking is not considered by the GPS selectors may be a fair point regarding penalties as in representative games where players are trying to highlight themselves instead of play it safe and win the game penalties are not the priority, however kicking in general play is undoubtedly considered by GPS selectors as that is going to happen in almost all top level union games (even in the wet) and is a great indicator of kicking ability (just look at DCE's kicking, people recognise his 40-20's, not his goal kicking).

I'd also like to say that those suggesting Taggart will take the hooker jersey for GPS 1's must be exclusively from SJC. He is one of the smaller Hookers in the comp and is not as impactful in game's compared to other 2's in the comp. Is he not year 11? If so he'll almost certainly not be in GPS 1's this year, but rather next year as he's still got time for representative schoolboy in 2025.
1. I think you’re the one not watching the same games as everyone else, only you’re watching Shores delusions of grandeur again. Comparing him to young Kurtley Beale ????????? Ummm they are human, have two arms, two legs, an 10 on their jersey and they play rugby. That’s where the comparisons end !
I‘m not having a go at the kid because there is only about 2/3 No.10’s I’ve seen with Beale‘s flair and Spark. But just as I rate the current Joeys No.7 I’m not delusional he’s no Phil Waugh. Decent player but not in the Top 3 No.10’s this year.

2. As for.. Gough is “more of a hard hit up inside centre”, although your premise is correct (and my main desired trait for any 12 ) as he consistently carried defenders with him past the advantage line numerous times on Saturday and every game this year, you’ve missed that he also can run. He’s a reminder beating 2, stepping a 3rd & 4th to score. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C73YAOgy1zf/?igsh=MTRnNzh3b2U4YndxMg==
I personally think GPS selectors should and will pick a dominant 12 attacker & defender over a facilitator. Although the season has a while to be decided, the GPS team that is coming first in August probably will at least have its best back (and forward) in GPS 1sts. Gough is Joeys best back and if they come first, he’ll be picked.

3. What are you’re talking about regarding Taggart as a hooker, as he’s a prop. I don’t have firm opinions on GPS 1sts front rowers but I definitely don’t understand why year 11 boys shouldn’t be picked. If they’re good enough they’re in. In fact the kings prop from Oakhill is under 16’s and Taumoepeau should both be picked if good enough.

2024 GPS TEAM OF THE YEAR

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (R)
4. Brial (S)
5. Greer (J)
6. Logan (J)
7. LeMaitre (E)
8. Taumoepeau (J)
9. Grover (R)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Gough (J)
13. Hartman (R)
14. Fittler (S)
15. Jacques (S)

I obviously would play some out of position to get the best team possible

I don’t really care about the actual GPS 1st XV but instead the GPS TEAM OF THE YEAR
To tell you the truth any team without NRL signed players is a waste of time and a 3/4th GPS team at best in reality (except the tight 5 obviously). Same with Aust U/18 Schoolboys, no league players, no best team

Just like with Sua‘alili, I’d rather play these blokes in the reps now in the hope they convert to rugby one day like Rogers, Tuquiri, Walker, Nawaqanitawase, Sua‘alili, Etc. In fact with ARU negoatiating a rugby championship in QATAR, they’ll likely have the money to buy league converts back one day.

In fact last night I watched the best schoolboy in the country Mitch Woods (St.Pats) play for Bulldogs U/21 v Rabbits and rip them to
shreds, I’m a Joeys boy and been watching them since Junee/Cairns along through with Burke, Jorgenson, Kelaher, Thompson, Kennedy, Devine, Burgess, Beale, Wright, Jorgenson Jr, Leahy, Sharples. Woods is as good as any of them, and it’s a shame he doesn’t get a crack against NZ. He was the best player for Gen Blue U16 two years ago and now won’t get a chance to play for his state or country if available. I‘d pick him and who knows he might come back one and win us a Bledisloe

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
1. I think you’re the one not watching the same games as everyone else, only you’re watching Shores delusions of grandeur again. Comparing him to young Kurtley Beale ????????? Ummm they are human, have two arms, two legs, an 10 on their jersey and they play rugby. That’s where the comparisons end !
I‘m not having a go at the kid because there is only about 2/3 No.10’s I’ve seen with Beale‘s flair and Spark. But just as I rate the current Joeys No.7 I’m not delusional he’s no Phil Waugh. Decent player but not in the Top 3 No.10’s this year.

2. As for.. Gough is “more of a hard hit up inside centre”, although your premise is correct (and my main desired trait for any 12 ) as he consistently carried defenders with him past the advantage line numerous times on Saturday and every game this year, you’ve missed that he also can run. He’s a reminder beating 2, stepping a 3rd & 4th to score. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C73YAOgy1zf/?igsh=MTRnNzh3b2U4YndxMg==
I personally think GPS selectors should and will pick a dominant 12 attacker & defender over a facilitator. Although the season has a while to be decided, the GPS team that is coming first in August probably will at least have its best back (and forward) in GPS 1sts. Gough is Joeys best back and if they come first, he’ll be picked.

3. What are you’re talking about regarding Taggart as a hooker, as he’s a prop. I don’t have firm opinions on GPS 1sts front rowers but I definitely don’t understand why year 11 boys shouldn’t be picked. If they’re good enough they’re in. In fact the kings prop from Oakhill is under 16’s and Taumoepeau should both be picked if good enough.

2024 GPS TEAM OF THE YEAR

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (R)
4. Brial (S)
5. Greer (J)
6. Logan (J)
7. LeMaitre (E)
8. Taumoepeau (J)
9. Grover (R)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Gough (J)
13. Hartman (R)
14. Fittler (S)
15. Jacques (S)

I obviously would play some out of position to get the best team possible

I don’t really care about the actual GPS 1st XV but instead the GPS TEAM OF THE YEAR
To tell you the truth any team without NRL signed players is a waste of time and a 3/4th GPS team at best in reality (except the tight 5 obviously). Same with Aust U/18 Schoolboys, no league players, no best team

Just like with Sua‘alili, I’d rather play these blokes in the reps now in the hope they convert to rugby one day like Rogers, Tuquiri, Walker, Nawaqanitawase, Sua‘alili, Etc. In fact with ARU negoatiating a rugby championship in QATAR, they’ll likely have the money to buy league converts back one day.

In fact last night I watched the best schoolboy in the country Mitch Woods (St.Pats) play for Bulldogs U/21 v Rabbits and rip them to
shreds, I’m a Joeys boy and been watching them since Junee/Cairns along through with Burke, Jorgenson, Kelaher, Thompson, Kennedy, Devine, Burgess, Beale, Wright, Jorgenson Jr, Leahy, Sharples. Woods is as good as any of them, and it’s a shame he doesn’t get a crack against NZ. He was the best player for Gen Blue U16 two years ago and now won’t get a chance to play for his state or country if available. I‘d pick him and who knows he might come back one and win us a Bledisloe
I am in agreeance with you 100%.
We’ve spent too long in the dark whingeing about league converts and league taking everything from us. Boo hoo.
If I had another crack and was good enough, I’d probably take the money on offer from league as well. Professional setup, professional coaching and not just for the game but media, I’m setting myself up as a brand.
Mitch Woods may be the #1 name in rugby league in 5-7 years time and if we provide him with opportunities, who knows if a carrot of a rwc might entice him back.

Plus, give me an ISA back line with Sam Blank, Joe Walsh, Mitch Woods, Alex Conti, Mitch Holmes, Tylan Berryman in it and you’ve got a highlight reel that sells rugby again.
Those guys up against Jonty Fowler, Leo Jacques, Onitini Large, Zac Fittler, Gus Grover, Tom Hartman, Heamasi Makasini….
Wow!!!! That’s a game I’d pay to see

Status
Not open for further replies.