• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Jim Brennan

Frank Nicholson (4)
My predicted 1St GPS XV
1. Felix Harvison
2. James Warner
3. Osbourne
4. Graham
5. Greer
6. Logan
7. Le Maitre (C)
8. Taumoepeau
9. Grover
10. Fowler
11. Hart
12. Gough
13. Jacques
14. Mckenzie
15. Callaghan

Smokeys
- Bassingthwaite
- Newington 5/8 forgot his name
- Harry Davies
- Joeys halfback ( not sure his name)
no mention to campbell conna? I believe him to be one the best players in the GPS this year.

Maul of Duty

Herbert Moran (7)
Pretty rough to leave Brial out. He vice-captained Australia as a Year 11 which is absolutely unheard of.

A lot of people making teams and leaving out players with the national reputation such as Le maitre, brial, fonua and cleverley without actually watching their games, just basing their teams off the chat on here.

The forward pack brial is surrounded with is below average for this comp and he is finding himself having to do other peoples roles a lot. I think in the rep period and the rest of the comp he will establish his class as a top 5 GPS player.
I think the TKS Loose Head has been the most consistent in the #1 jersey and would have the highest work rate compared to the other loose heads in the games this far. I would put him in that spot based on that. Agree with Warner but it is super close with Ghattas snapping at his heels. Osborne at 3 has consistently had great carries. I see those boys earning the 1,2, and 3 jerseys.

I would be surprised if Brial and Fonua we not in the team based on past performance and also Fonua playing exceptionally this season thus far.

Jamie Hunt

Bob McCowan (2)
My predicted 1St GPS XV
1. Felix Harvison
2. James Warner
3. Osbourne
4. Graham
5. Greer
6. Logan
7. Le Maitre (C)
8. Taumoepeau
9. Grover
10. Fowler
11. Hart
12. Gough
13. Jacques
14. Mckenzie
15. Callaghan

Smokeys
- Bassingthwaite
- Newington 5/8 forgot his name
- Harry Davies
- Joeys halfback ( not sure his name)
Makasini (N) has outplayed any winger he’s come up against he should fly past McKenzie into the 1s

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Cheeky's Friday Footy Feedback 1st XV

Hey lads just here with some quick takes - none of this chat gtp nonsense - keen to get your thoughts

THE SCHOOLBOY SUPPORT

Yet again, some absolutely epic passion portrayed by the AAGPS supporters yesterday... Scot's bagpipes were like the heartbeat of the rugby match, their melody weaving through the field like a spirited player, filling the air with a powerful passion that ignites players and supporters alike. Furthermore, there was great dedication to footy culture displayed at SJC 1 by some of the Shore lads, great stuff too see sort of stuff and heres to more blokes getting around it!

NC v TSC - NEWINGTON ON A ROLL?

One word... DOMINATION. Rodwell is truly a central piece to the puzzle of the Newington back line, orchestrating tries with his lighting speed and skilled hands. Humphries was remarkable too, made a fool of the Scots defence and celebrated gloriously with the supporters. Makasini had some good runs of the ball, that right fend is a force to be reckoned with! A full team effort from Newington on that day. Johnstone Oval was an absolute swamp, very surprising to see how much of a backs game it was, tactical footy was played. Unfortunately, Scots will be hurt from this one, they certainly held off Newington during that first half with some impressive tries on the left edge, but needless to say it went downhill after that and they took the loss like champs. Would tickle my fancy to see Newington continue this trajectory.

SJC v SHORE - BIT OF A ROUGHIE

Close game here, Joeys edged by only 3 points by pure hard work and playing the game right, no substitute for it. It is for certain that I say I was biting my fingernails at half time, nobody had really shown themselves as being the better side. A few silly knock-ons from Joeys may I add, none the less didn't stop them from securing another satisfying win. On the Shore side of things I must say I am slightly disappointed knowing some of the potential they have on the team, I was waiting to see Forbes Ferrari score some tries. The top three most impressive blokes on the Shore side were probably Callaghan, Bassingwaite and potentially LeMaitre. These blokes showed excelled determination for the bridge and I reckon they are on tip top form. The cerise and blue boys certainly earned this win, they played the better game of footy and I respect it. Taggart and Taumoepeau is a loose unit made some solid meterage. Moreover, tis essential to emphasise the danger of Hart on the wing as we get deeper into this 2024 season. Ultimately it's unfortunate for Shore, this is how footy is sometimes and the real world is harsh.

TKS v SIC - NAIL BITING FOOTY

Super intense footy until the very end with this one - the View boys is must be gutted from this, I sense there is good chemistry between Hartman and Terry who made some seriously clutch tackles, love seeing some high quality contact footy. There was quick thinking and great use of the ball displayed on the pitch by the two and the team as a whole. As per usual Grover was instrumental throughout all of the game, a vital member of the team I must admit great situation IQ and overall looks like he is going to be a massive threat for any school that takes on Riverview. His try was phenomenal to say the least, could possibly be one of the cheekiest tries of the season. Kings had great dominance with their forward pack, some beast runs made by McPherson (with his crucial try) and Whalan was also quite good. Moving I personally feel Fonua will be unstoppable as he adds another win under his belt.

In conclusion, I reckon questionable referee decisioning was made - watching a Kings boys getting booked gave me deja vu to State of Origin lol.

As I said, keen for some other intel about this,
- Cheeky

Last edited:

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
would like to ask how is Bartlett eligible for state champs, has he played 4 club games to be eligible?

I understand in 16s he was playing 2nds and club footy, however I’m not sure as to why he would have a interest in playing club footy this year as he is linked to manly sea eagles from my understanding.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
This weekend enjoy yourself and consider the following
Is there a gimme? Tipping is hard enough, but getting a margin is also a challenge.

1717755824623.png

Syd

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cheeky's Friday Footy Feedback 1st XV

Hey lads just here with some quick takes - none of this chat gtp nonsense - keen to get your thoughts

THE SCHOOLBOY SUPPORT

Yet again, some absolutely epic passion portrayed by the AAGPS supporters yesterday... Scot's bagpipes were like the heartbeat of the rugby match, their melody weaving through the field like a spirited player, filling the air with a powerful passion that ignites players and supporters alike. Furthermore, there was great dedication to footy culture displayed at SJC 1 by some of the Shore lads, great stuff too see sort of stuff and heres to more blokes getting around it!

NC v TSC - NEWINGTON ON A ROLL?

One word... DOMINATION. Rodwell is truly a central piece to the puzzle of the Newington back line, orchestrating tries with his lighting speed and skilled hands. Humphries was remarkable too, made a fool of the Scots defence and celebrated gloriously with the supporters. Makasini had some good runs of the ball, that right fend is a force to be reckoned with! A full team effort from Newington on that day. Johnstone Oval was an absolute swamp, very surprising to see how much of a backs game it was, tactical footy was played. Unfortunately, Scots will be hurt from this one, they certainly held off Newington during that first half with some impressive tries on the left edge, but needless to say it went downhill after that and they took the loss like champs. Would tickle my fancy to see Newington continue this trajectory.

SJC v SHORE - BIT OF A ROUGHIE

Close game here, Joeys edged by only 3 points by pure hard work and playing the game right, no substitute for it. It is for certain that I say I was biting my fingernails at half time, nobody had really shown themselves as being the better side. A few silly knock-ons from Joeys may I add, none the less didn't stop them from securing another satisfying win. On the Shore side of things I must say I am slightly disappointed knowing some of the potential they have on the team, I was waiting to see Forbes Ferrari score some tries. The top three most impressive blokes on the Shore side were probably Callaghan, Bassingwaite and potentially LeMaitre. These blokes showed excelled determination for the bridge and I reckon they are on tip top form. The cerise and blue boys certainly earned this win, they played the better game of footy and I respect it. Taggart and Taumoepeau is a loose unit made some solid meterage. Moreover, tis essential to emphasise the danger of Hart on the wing as we get deeper into this 2024 season. Ultimately it's unfortunate for Shore, this is how footy is sometimes and the real world is harsh.

TKS v SIC - NAIL BITING FOOTY

Super intense footy until the very end with this one - the View boys is must be gutted from this, I sense there is good chemistry between Hartman and Terry who made some seriously clutch tackles, love seeing some high quality contact footy. There was quick thinking and great use of the ball displayed on the pitch by the two and the team as a whole. As per usual Grover was instrumental throughout all of the game, a vital member of the team I must admit great situation IQ and overall looks like he is going to be a massive threat for any school that takes on Riverview. His try was phenomenal to say the least, could possibly be one of the cheekiest tries of the season. Kings had great dominance with their forward pack, some beast runs made by McPherson (with his crucial try) and Whalan was also quite good. Moving I personally feel Fonua will be unstoppable as he adds another win under his belt.

In conclusion, I reckon questionable referee decisioning was made - watching a Kings boys getting booked gave me deja vu to State of Origin lol.

As I said, keen for some other intel about this,
- Cheeky
Great write up, if my maths is right only about 11 points over 4 games from the top to the bottom of the table. Great season.

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
Well done to Shore on the weekend. The boys from the 1sts to the 13Es performed incredibly. Final Results

20 Wins
6 Losses
2 Draws.

Shoutout to the Under 14E’s who played out an epic 31-31 draw. Was so much fun to watch.

Reactions: Syd

Syd

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well done to Shore on the weekend. The boys from the 1sts to the 13Es performed incredibly. Final Results

20 Wins
6 Losses
2 Draws.

Shoutout to the Under 14E’s who played out an epic 31-31 draw. Was so much fun to watch.
Some great coaching happening lower down, the boys are taking lessons from each week and applying themselves. Rugby, soccer, tennis or whatever, sport and education blending well.