• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
0DA97BD1-A89B-4E08-96FB-2FE8BD6A1B1D.jpeg

Maul of Duty

Peter Burge (5)
What a game between view and kings...

View looked scary in the dying seconds of the game but Kings able to hold on. The royals get it done again. A true dark horse.
Great defensive effort from Kings at the end. A lot of pressure was building on them but they held on phase after phase

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Let’s talk the Dark Empire. Preseason favorites with many. What is causing this talent packed armada to stutter and splutter as they have. Scots supporters, what gives? Please do not single out players by name. Example. The 10 will need to look to adding a better kicking game to his direction.

04029043-5EC1-4CBE-8157-6752087C5E15.jpeg

Last edited:

Maul of Duty

Peter Burge (5)
Another good win for the sky blue and white. Similar to last week Kings started on the back foot and had to work themselves into the game.
View dominated lineouts and probably edged scrums. Open play was a great contest with a lot of officiating intervention.
Backs on both sides played admirably for the conditions but both guilty of not playing wet weather footy.
Defence of both sides tremendous with View probably should have scored three times in first half but couldn’t get over the line.
Kings stepped up in the second half and looked the better team with a tense last couple of minutes to hold out for the win.
View second row was excellent and Kings 8 continues to improve week on week.
Hope Isaac stays fit and the skies grey. Credit to Kings backs, think only 2 first team starters available.
Agree with most of this however I think that Kings has the dominant scrum throughout the game. They were a close contest though. The loose head for kings was great at sacking the maul also. The tight head for View played an outstanding game also with some great carries.

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
Let’s talk the Dark Empire. Preseason favorites with many. What is causing this talent packed armada to stutter and splutter as they have. Scots supporters, what gives? Please do not single out players by name. Example. The 10 will need to look to adding a better kicking game to his direction.
I’m so disappointed for the boys. Individually a fantastically talented age group of whom we are family friends of several.
This really brings into question the overall program, the Opens coaches, and the selections.
Still six games to go so I hope they turn it around.

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
I’m so disappointed for the boys. Individually a fantastically talented age group of whom we are family friends of several.
This really brings into question the overall program, the Opens coaches, and the selections.
Didn't see the game - really like to see TSC play a game in good conditions to evaluate them now vs their draw to TKS and loss to J a few weeks ago.

Certainly wrong players in wrong positions isn't helping the boys - still time to turn it around though.

Where's the beef

Herbert Moran (7)
Well nobody doubts the talent...... A bit like the Tah's, Talented, but not a team. Their Seconds clearly are. At Joeys there is an old saying about winning and losing, You earn them both. Rugby is the ultimate team sport, One seagull, and every person knows it. I would travel to watch their seconds and listen to their one eyed parents scream go snow Go Mack etc. That is a team and the results show it. So does 1's.

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well nobody doubts the talent...... A bit like the Tah's, Talented, but not a team. Their Seconds clearly are. At Joeys there is an old saying about winning and losing, You earn them both. Rugby is the ultimate team sport, One seagull, and every person knows it. I would travel to watch their seconds and listen to their one eyed parents scream go snow Go Mack etc. That is a team and the results show it. So does 1's.
"A bit like the Tah's, Talented, but not a team."
The parallels are well noted, a NSW anomaly - another saying that rings true:
'hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard'.

The Chairman

Ron Walden (29)
What was the TSC Lineup for today? can't release stats before I find out.

A sneak peak however (from what I have gathered from SJCvSHORE and SICvTKS):

Leading Point Scorers:
Conick (E) 48
Palmisani (J) 31
Risati (K) 25
Grover (I) 21
Dempsey (I) 20
Logan (J) 20
Bassingthwaighte (E) 15

BringTheBiff

Peter Burge (5)
What was the TSC Lineup for today? can't release stats before I find out.

A sneak peak however (from what I have gathered from SJCvSHORE and SICvTKS):

Leading Point Scorers:
Conick (E) 48
Palmisani (J) 31
Risati (K) 25
Grover (I) 21
Dempsey (I) 20
Logan (J) 20
Bassingthwaighte (E) 15
Conick is an absolute gun, such a good 12 with great ball skills and great running with a lot of physicality and a great boot aswell, so excited to see what he brings to the rep teams and shore for the rest of the season no suprise he is up there

lineout.lunch

Stan Wickham (3)
What’s the GPS 1sts after today?
1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (I)
4. Greer (J)
5. Brial (S)
6. Fonua (K)
7. Logan (J)
8. Taumoepeau (J)
9. Grover (I)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Conick (E)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Hartman (I)
15. Jaques (S)

HM:
4/5. Graham - The second row could go any way with quite a few talents there
7. Lemaitre - Logan has been in great form but could go either way
12. Gough, Fenwicke, Humphries - Battle for the twelve jersey is tight but Conick has the goal kicking aspect