• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

wisemaan

Banned
Joeys vs Shore 17 - 14
Saddened to have to write this in defeat. Crowd was pumping on both sides despite the rain, intensity didn’t drop off, I really thought Shore was going to come out on top but missed a few pivotal things that would have secured it. A clean performance on Shores behalf but Joeys got it done.. Shore looked to be favourites going into the season, and on paper are top tier but just haven’t been able to get the job done which means the prem is truly out of sight. I must also add there were some questionable calls by the ref towards the end and Shore looked to be the stronger side. Well done to Joeys however .Only time will tell what will happen now…

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Joeys vs Shore 17 - 14
Saddened to have to write this in defeat. Crowd was pumping on both sides despite the rain, intensity didn’t drop off, I really thought Shore was going to come out on top but missed a few pivotal things that would have secured it. A clean performance on Shores behalf but Joeys got it done.. Shore looked to be favourites going into the season, and on paper are top tier but just haven’t been able to get the job done which means the prem is truly out of sight. I must also add there were some questionable calls by the ref towards the end and Shore looked to be the stronger side. Well done to Joeys however .Only time will tell what will happen now…

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan
Any intel on how the Forbes Ferrarri went?

Cheers,
- Cheeky

runningrugbyrules

Ted Fahey (11)
Absolutely piss poor refereeing from the touchy today couldn’t see anything he was about 25 meters behind the whole game. #
1717659070302.jpeg
I’ve used the schoolboy rep Rugby flowchart as an easy guide for Shore supporters

Every comment has been used by Shore supporters this year and several today

Attachments

• 1717658763920.jpeg
    1717658763920.jpeg
    736.1 KB · Views: 141

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
Newington 27 - 17 Scots

Agreed - Rodwell was certainly man of the match, may I note No. 12 Humphries had a great game he was unstoppable and slipped through the Scots defence like butter. Another solid bloke out on the Johno was No. 14 Grantham, saw a few good runs and smart plays from him. All this without their team captain Cleverly tickles my curiosity... if they keep this upwards trajectory they could be an absolute force of nature.

The fullback for Scots played well though, not sure what his name is but he was quick-thinking and made some solid meterage on the pitch. Newington taking on Kings will be a pivotal game for their season i presume.

- Cheeky
That is a real setback for TSC - wet weather smarts required - was that missing by the BH boys?

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
A big Congrats to the boys of SHORE who sat in the rain today. My son did it at Kings on Saturday for Joeys. Both games result hinged on a penalty. A crappy way to lose. (I was happy with the win BTW, but its crappy.
Good to see some crowd appreciation. I know Newington and Scots boys did the same as Johnstone Oval is completed exposed to the elements, I think this type of wet weather supporting evokes a passion and support.

- Cheeky

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
Another good win for the sky blue and white. Similar to last week Kings started on the back foot and had to work themselves into the game.
View dominated lineouts and probably edged scrums. Open play was a great contest with a lot of officiating intervention.
Backs on both sides played admirably for the conditions but both guilty of not playing wet weather footy.
Defence of both sides tremendous with View probably should have scored three times in first half but couldn’t get over the line.
Kings stepped up in the second half and looked the better team with a tense last couple of minutes to hold out for the win.
View second row was excellent and Kings 8 continues to improve week on week.
Hope Isaac stays fit and the skies grey. Credit to Kings backs, think only 2 first team starters available.

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
That is a real setback for TSC - wet weather smarts required - was that missing by the BH boys?
I mainly reckon several crucial slip-ups defensively,

But as I have said the conditions were appalling - as loud those bagpipes were they simply just didn't look they wanted it more. This paired with Newington's confidence from a much needed win on Shore was the reason they didn't secure the win. Furthermore, Newington had beaten them in quite a satisfactory manner in a trial match, adding to the confidence.

- Cheeky