• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
On another note, is it possible to get a Joeys/Scots team list for this afternoon? Interested to see if J. Fowler is playing and if O. Large returns.

Billy McGee

Peter Burge (5)
jeremy newton from Riverview. he's coming back from injury today after breaking his cheekbone. my son told me the boys at school call him "Bolt" interesting name but it should be good to see him today flying down the sideline.

RNC
Jeremy is a terrific player - don’t believe he is known as a gas merchant but he has a chance to prove it today.

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any predictions For how Kings will handle the Swamp This arvo?

-Fanatic

Both Riverview and Kings are younger sides, which bodes well for both next year. If by 'swamp' you are referring to 1st Field on Riverview's 120 acre waterfront estate, I expect the home team will prevale over the visitors from their Parramatta farm. Any visitors wondering what that shiny blue stuff is with boats on it is; thats water, welcome and enjoy the hospitality.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Both Riverview and Kings are younger sides, which bodes well for both next year. If by 'swamp' you are referring to 1st Field on Riverview's 120 acre waterfront estate, I expect the home team will prevale over the visitors from their Parramatta farm. Any visitors wondering what that shiny blue stuff is with boats on it is; thats water, welcome and enjoy the hospitality.
Both side are pigs in mud

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hartman would have to come into the mix if including non-wingers, although he proved to be an excellent one last year.
Haven’t been enough dry tracks this year.
2023 GPS results:

1 Billy Blair (SJC) 10.87
2 Onitoni Large (TSC) 10.93
3 Thomas Hartman (SIC) 11.11
4 Brody Folkes (SIC) 11.18
5 Jay McKenzie (TSC) 11.21
5 Bailey Roberts-Lintmeijer (NC) 11.21
7 Max Palmisani (SJC) 11.23
8 Callum Grantham (NC) 11.29

wisemaan

Banned
THE FORBES FERRARI

Hark good ol forum readers. My final little 'geeup' before we get under way this afternoon. As the Blue and white army enter the fortress this arvo of which the Gods call Heavens Pasture, the crowd will be calling one name... THE FROBES FERRARI....( Charlie Francis ) If Shore have any hope on this gloomy day the Ferrari will be the one to cause the upset. He will be revving AND whirring.. and ready to steamroll anything in his path. May the best team win in all games. Anticipation is building, not long now....

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

Jockey181

Banned
THE FORBES FERRARI

Hark good ol forum readers. My final little 'geeup' before we get under way this afternoon. As the Blue and white army enter the fortress this arvo of which the Gods call Heavens Pasture, the crowd will be calling one name... THE FROBES FERRARI....( Charlie Francis ) If Shore have any hope on this gloomy day the Ferrari will be the one to cause the upset. He will be revving AND whirring.. and ready to steamroll anything in his path. May the best team win in all games. Anticipation is building, not long now....

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan
Stealing my ideas now @wisemaan, pls be original
Yours truly Jock

wisemaan

Banned
Here's a bit of a trivial question up for debate.

Who would win if the 2022 Joeys 1st XV played the 2023 Kings 1st XV?

Me personally, I believe that Joeys would win by a thread.
This really is a hard one and I want to say Joeys but I believe Kings would slightly edge them..

-wisemaan

Here's a bit of a trivial question up for debate.

Who would win if the 2022 Joeys 1st XV played the 2023 Kings 1st XV?

Me personally, I believe that Joeys would win by a thread.
Personally I think Kings would win by about 10 points, not an easy game but not incredibly close or difficult. In 2022, Joeys only beat Shore by 8 points I believe, Kings who were predominantly year 11 at the time beat Shore by 1 point. Considering a year of development from most of the Kings 1sts players from 22 to 23, Kings would be able to catch up to Joeys 2022 being ahead being a better team by 8 points (obviously have to factor in other things) and considering that year of development Kings would likely win.

This prompts me to share my thoughts on the best schoolboy teams ever from GPS, CAS or ISA. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

St Augustine's 2024 (St Patrick's college 2024 deserves a mention as well)
Kings 2023
Riverview 2021 - beat a very, very strong Barker side of 2021, who beat Joeys
Kings 2020 - Will Pennisini and Joesph Suali on the same team. Enough said.
Joeys 2019 - Triple golden Crown.
Barker/ Trinity 2018/ Waverly 2018 - A lot of professionals out of the CAS that year. Barker and Trinity beat Joeys that year, not sure if Waverly played Joeys though.
Waverly 2017 / Scots 2017 - Eastern Suburbs dominance from both comps and multiple proffessionals out of these two teams (including Ben Donaldson who played for the Wallabies in World Cup)
Newington 2015 - Cameron Murray and co
Scots 2014 - Toby Rudolph and Angus Crichton just to name a few - don't think Scots 2014 had a close game the whole season
Cranbrook 2014 - An Australian schoolboy player from this team, significant from a school typically not dominant in Rugby. This team beat Lachie Swinton's Knox with a penalty goal to win CAS for the first time in 20 years.
Riverview 2011
2004/2005 Joeys (Kurtley Beale made the GPS his playground)
1994 St Josephs
1993 Scots
Joeys 1991
Joeys 1990

Any other teams like this that people would say are one of the Greatest ever from GPS or CAS please let me know. This is just what comes to mind for me.

In my opinion, ISA vs GPS could go either way this year especially in the backline, but the GPS forward pack will give them the advantage. However, I think CAS will lose to ISA and GPS. Does anyone have the date and location for ISA vs GPS game?

Last edited:

Max Jorgasm

Bob McCowan (2)
I've heard some rumours out of Kings that they are bringing 2-3 buses of boys to this afternoons game. A pretty solid effort for an away game during the school day. Excited to watch this titanic battle between two of the AAGPS strongholds.

Cheers, Huxley
Greetings Julian
Unfortunately 2-3 buses of boys will still not compete with the home crowd View boys at the den. #defendtheswamp

Regards,

- Jorgo

Wavesfooty2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Personally I think Kings would win by about 10 points, not an easy game but not incredibly close or difficult. In 2022, Joeys only beat Shore by 8 points I believe, Kings who were predominantly year 11 at the time beat Shore by 1 point. Considering a year of development from most of the Kings 1sts players from 22 to 23, Kings would be able to catch up to Joeys 2022 being ahead being a better team by 8 points (obviously have to factor in other things) and considering that year of development Kings would likely win.

This prompts me to share my thoughts on the best schoolboy teams ever from GPS, CAS or ISA. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

St Augustine's 2024 (St Patrick's college 2024 deserves a mention as well)
Kings 2023
Riverview 2021
Kings 2020
Joeys 2019
Barker/ Trinity 2018/ Waverly 2018
Waverly 2017 / Scots 2017
Newington 2015
Scots 2014
Cranbrook 2014
Riverview 2011
2004/2005 Joeys (Kurtley Beale made the GPS his playground)
1994 Scots
1993 Joeys

Any other teams like this that people would say are one of the Greatest ever from GPS or CAS please let me know. This is just what comes to mind for me.

In my opinion, ISA vs GPS could go either way this year especially in the backline, but the GPS forward pack will give them the advantage. However, I think CAS will lose to ISA and GPS. Does anyone have the date and location for ISA vs GPS game?

ISA wont have their 2 star players in Woods and Walsh,
I think this means GPS will comfortably beat them and in turn means CAS could knock ISA off as well,
Like last year i think GPS V CAS will be a very one sided Affair