• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys discipline was also a issue for them in the game. Quite a few high tackles picked up by the ref.
Interesting game, plenty of talk on this forum regarding poor tactics, Joeys outscored and out played Kings however Kings took advantage and converted the majority of their penalties (which there were plenty) and hence won the game. If Joeys held on to the lead for one more minute, if the ref let Joeys play the advantage when they were 2m out from the line instead of calling it back....if any of these happened I doubt there would be so much talk about tactics, it would merely be Joeys won lets move on. All in all, a good game played in terrible conditions. 5, 7 and 8 were standouts for Joeys, 8 & 12 for Kings. Round 2 at HH will be different.

tight5

Stan Wickham (3)
I would be interested to see the TOTW for round three. On watching the Kings/Joey‘s game, I think that the Kings #1, 5 & 8 played outstanding with a high work rate for all of those boys. The Kings #5 in particular was a standout for me. The Joey’s #2, I think played a tough game and did well in the scrum against what I believe was a stronger Kings forward pack. Joey’s #8 played a strong game as well as per usual however it was marred by the yellow card.
Kings 5 influential, didn't feel like the teams were coached to take the win, the usual work to the 15m, build phases, kick deep.
TKS 2ND there are A LOT of talented players there. TKS #13 that played in their 1ST XV ( Adam Stewart) was from the 2nd and he was sensational last weekend!! Stand out for me from TKS 2nd is Perrett (He plays #8 and last week was #4) #10 Taylor, #11 El-Kurdi even their #1 Matthews IMO.
Agree. Kings 2nds look talented, #3 absolute weapon in the contact and scrums, #8 a dog with a bone.

Rudderless

Bill McLean (32)
Interesting game, plenty of talk on this forum regarding poor tactics, Joeys outscored and out played Kings however Kings took advantage and converted the majority of their penalties (which there were plenty) and hence won the game. If Joeys held on to the lead for one more minute, if the ref let Joeys play the advantage when they were 2m out from the line instead of calling it back....if any of these happened I doubt there would be so much talk about tactics, it would merely be Joeys won lets move on. All in all, a good game played in terrible conditions. 5, 7 and 8 were standouts for Joeys, 8 & 12 for Kings. Round 2 at HH will be different.
Agreed with you BM.
I guess when you had 38 tipping them to win (and many by plenty) and just 4 backing Kings, its made for interesting chatter regarding the score line.

Plenty of lessons learnt from both sides, coaching staff included.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Kings 5 influential, didn't feel like the teams were coached to take the win, the usual work to the 15m, build phases, kick deep.

Agree. Kings 2nds look talented, #3 absolute weapon in the contact and scrums, #8 a dog with a bone.
Just FYI, Kings 2’s lost on the weekend.

wisemaan

Banned
Wissy's Wisdom, Just some food for thought!!

It's interesting to note that this Thursday, the focus seems to be on the 1st and 2nd XV's games, while the 3rd XV's match isn't scheduled. Although they're competing in a separate format, the 3rd XV also boasts a high standard of play, and it feels like they put in just as much effort as the 2nd XV. It raises questions about why the AAGPS doesn't provide equal consideration for them, given their dedication and skill level.

It's interesting to note that this Thursday, the focus seems to be on the 1st and 2nd XV's games, while the 3rd XV's match isn't scheduled. Although they're competing in a separate format, the 3rd XV also boasts a high standard of play, and it feels like they put in just as much effort as the 2nd XV. It raises questions about why the AAGPS doesn't provide equal consideration for them, given their dedication and skill level.

Yours in sporting reason. A sane observer

-wisemaan

Bobcat54

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone know when GPS 1 & 2 sides will be selected/announced? I believe that ISA have trials this week for their sides
Teams are being selected after next weeks round I believe, not sure when they are announced to be honest (there mightn't be a set date).

Bobcat54

Allen Oxlade (6)

-wisemaan
Think you might've accidentally repeated yourself @wisemaan , HAHA.
Either way, with it being on a school day, I'm sure some schools would run into some troubles taking an extra 15 (+ any reserves) boys out of school, especially at 1pm when they would be scheduled to play. Additionally, although some schools 3rd XV's do indeed put as much effort as the 2nd XV's, that can not be said for all schools, and you can't play a round with only some schools.

- Bobcat

Jockey181

Banned

-wisemaan
Good morning Wissy Wisdoms, most definitely agree with you here.
(P.S) you wrote the same thing twice.

Agent

Darby Loudon (17)
hahaha hahaha this has to be a piss-take. Give any school in the GPS a run against Waverly, St Augs or Oakhill at the end of the season and I can guarantee you'll see a cricket score
The tiers list was put together by someone trying to point out that ISA is doing better than CAS - it really had not much to do with GPS. ISA start their comp this weekend and have been trialing against CAS schools, ISA schools, and the odd GPS school (mainly 3rd Xv's, Grammar, High, and TAS) over the past 6 weeks or so. Generally speaking the ISA schools have out performed the CAS schools this year, and St Aug's have swept through just about anyone they have lined up against - it seems they are a very handy side!