• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

PROPaganda

Herbert Moran (7)
As far as I know

1st XV
  1. Lyne
  2. Warner
  3. Harvison
  4. Hamilton
  5. Baxter
  6. Gordon
  7. Le Maitre (c)
  8. Reardon
  9. Binnie
  10. Bassingthwaighte
  11. Francis
  12. Conick
  13. Kingdom
  14. Breakwell
  15. Callaghan
2nd XV
  1. Armati
  2. Garner
  3. Armstrong
  4. Galligan
  5. Stock
  6. Smith
  7. Reardon
  8. Clout
  9. Greig (c)
  10. Segeart
  11. Longes
  12. Mackellar
  13. Scott
  14. Stacker
  15. Cowan
3rd XV
  1. Hamilton
  2. Yates
  3. Mason-Jones
  4. Frape
  5. Hall
  6. Lotz
  7. Sherington
  8. Cope
  9. Beggs
  10. Horwood (c)
  11. Shadforth
  12. Kingal-Paia
  13. d’Almeida
  14. Hockey
  15. Ritchie
4th XV
  1. Lo Russo
  2. Perkins
  3. Sheridan
  4. Jarrett
  5. Trafford-Jones
  6. Paris
  7. MacLeod
  8. Gaden
  9. Manchee
  10. Clayton
  11. Edwards
  12. O’Brien
  13. Lane
  14. Mott
  15. Waugh
5th XV
  1. Horwood
  2. Reason
  3. Perdekaris
  4. Kellett
  5. Hawkins (c)
  6. Elliott
  7. Hebblewhite
  8. Cassidy
  9. Brownie
  10. Kierse
  11. Harmer
  12. Arnold
  13. Reynolds
  14. Denovan
  15. Roberts
I think there are some errors but allround great insight, thanks Chairman.

Agreed - Tommys exceptional eyes up footy and Man-On defence proves he a threat both offensively and defensively. His beach training seems to have payed off
Is it occurring to anyone else that the phrase 'eyes up footy' is becoming synonymous with Ignatius supporters (most likely current students) that are posting on this forum. That phrase has been used many times on this thread to try add a degree of merit and help validate those Ignatius players which the Ignatius students are so fond of. I don't think 'eyes up footy' is realistically a substantial point of credibility for a player as it is often 'a given' for those playing in high level Rugby, and is quite trivial in the sense that having great capability for 'eyes up footy' doesn't actually add significantly to a players ability. However, Joe Dillon is the epitome of playing in a way that counteract what's in front of him (led to his standout performance against SJC last year at Hunters Hill). Considering 'eyes up footy' doesn't actually mean anything significant, it seems to be often used as a phrase to try validate players usually from a lower grade by grant them such attributes, as it is human nature to play in a way that responds to the actions of the other team (although some may do that better than others) which any rugby player would.

@Joker, can I just applaud you for always posting images of the Joker that often make me laugh, as the serious expressions in the Joker's face next to the phrase 'where are your tips' or 'tips please' is often hysterical as something light hearted like a tipping comp next to the Joker's serious demeanor is just a funny contrast. I'm probably finding it humorous as it always catches me off guard when caught up in the dribble on here and your reminders of the tipping comp amongst all the back and forth conversations are unexpected, however are often a good moderator on here as they remind us what we should be discussing and not get ourselves into a rabbit hole of unnecessary or irrelevant discussion. Anyways, we appreciate the work you do.

CutOutBallFanatic

Herbert Moran (7)
Is it occurring to anyone else that the phrase 'eyes up footy' is becoming synonymous with Ignatius supporters (most likely current students) that are posting on this forum. That phrase has been used many times on this thread to try add a degree of merit and help validate those Ignatius players which the Ignatius students are so fond of. I don't think 'eyes up footy' is realistically a substantial point of credibility for a player as it is often 'a given' for those playing in high level Rugby, and is quite trivial in the sense that having great capability for 'eyes up footy' doesn't actually add significantly to a players ability. However, Joe Dillon is the epitome of playing in a way that counteract what's in front of him (led to his standout performance against SJC last year at Hunters Hill). Considering 'eyes up footy' doesn't actually mean anything significant, it seems to be often used as a phrase to try validate players usually from a lower grade by grant them such attributes, as it is human nature to play in a way that responds to the actions of the other team (although some may do that better than others) which any rugby player would.
Well Said, especially with the reference to Joe dillons performance against SJC last year, one of the greats in my time of GPS rugby. Always better for an Ignatius boy to put up that performance against rivals St Josephs.
I believe he has earned his spot in that U20 Side. Always great to see a talent perform at his best.

Cheers,
- Fanatic

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
As far as I know

1st XV
  1. Lyne
  2. Warner
  3. Harvison
  4. Hamilton
  5. Baxter
  6. Gordon
  7. Le Maitre (c)
  8. Reardon
  9. Binnie
  10. Bassingthwaighte
  11. Francis
  12. Conick
  13. Kingdom
  14. Breakwell
  15. Callaghan
2nd XV
  1. Armati
  2. Garner
  3. Armstrong
  4. Galligan
  5. Stock
  6. Smith
  7. Reardon
  8. Clout
  9. Greig
  10. Segeart (c)
  11. Longes
  12. Mackellar
  13. Scott
  14. Stacker
  15. Cowan
3rd XV
  1. Hamilton
  2. Yates
  3. Mason-Jones
  4. Frape
  5. Hall
  6. Lotz
  7. Sherington
  8. Cope
  9. Beggs
  10. Horwood (c)
  11. Shadforth
  12. Kingal-Paia
  13. d’Almeida
  14. Hockey
  15. Ritchie
4th XV
  1. Lo Russo
  2. Perkins
  3. Sheridan
  4. Jarrett
  5. Trafford-Jones
  6. Paris
  7. MacLeod
  8. Gaden
  9. Manchee
  10. Clayton
  11. Edwards
  12. O’Brien
  13. Lane
  14. Mott
  15. Waugh
5th XV
  1. Horwood
  2. Reason
  3. Perdekaris
  4. Kellett
  5. Hawkins (c)
  6. Elliott
  7. Hebblewhite
  8. Cassidy
  9. Brownie
  10. Kierse
  11. Harmer
  12. Arnold
  13. Reynolds
  14. Denovan
  15. Roberts
Generally curious how do you get this type of insight?

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
@Joker, can I just applaud you for always posting images of the Joker that often make me laugh, as the serious expressions in the Joker's face next to the phrase 'where are your tips' or 'tips please' is often hysterical as something light hearted like a tipping comp next to the Joker's serious demeanor is just a funny contrast. I'm probably finding it humorous as it always catches me off guard when caught up in the dribble on here and your reminders of the tipping comp amongst all the back and forth conversations are unexpected, however are often a good moderator on here as they remind us what we should be discussing and not get ourselves into a rabbit hole of unnecessary or irrelevant discussion. Anyways, we appreciate the work you do.
8thf24.jpg

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
Can somebody please refresh me on the 3rd XV ladder, I cannot seem to find one..

Regards
- Cheeky
Screen Shot 2024-06-11 at 7.52.01 pm.png

Only been one round so far.
Amazing win over Joeys by Scots. In the 2s & 3s comps, often Joeys are always either 2nd or 1st, and if you beat Joeys that's a pretty good early indicator of a successful season. Just need to keep it consistent and not worry about the drama of the firsts team.

Last edited:
On that note, I attended the SJC vs Shore game at Hunters hill last Thursday and was disappointed to find out that the famous Joeys 'rowers feed' was not on the canteen menu (or maybe I couldn't find it - I checked it multiple times) and I wouldn't be able to get my hands on that peice of gold to warm me up that bitter evening. I ended up getting takeaway as comfort food that evening to make up for that dissapointment at the SJC canteen and to help recover from that nail biting loss. Could someone please remind me what is in the rowers feed or share a photo?

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
On that note, I attended the SJC vs Shore game at Hunters hill last Thursday and was disappointed to find out that the famous Joeys 'rowers feed' was not on the canteen menu (or maybe I couldn't find it - I checked it multiple times) and I wouldn't be able to get my hands on that peice of gold to warm me up that bitter evening. I ended up getting takeaway as comfort food that evening to make up for that dissapointment at the SJC canteen and to help recover from that nail biting loss. Could someone please remind me what is in the rowers feed or share a photo?
Not sure Maulester,
But whatever is in that feed its certainly fuelling the blokes - tis likely that the rowers feed is responsible for their HOTR win...

- Cheeky