• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Chairman

Ron Walden (29)
Stats following Competition Round 2

1716624430416.png

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can someone point to me the resurgence of Shore Rugby has come from. A couple years back many were calling for them to be demoted to the 2s or 3s comp, used to be the free points of the competition.

Is it more funding? A lucky few years of good footy? A change in Master In Charge? Headmaster philosophy? Strength and Conditioning? Coaching? I am genuinely baffled of where this good fortune has come from.

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can someone point to me the resurgence of Shore Rugby has come from. A couple years back many were calling for them to be demoted to the 2s or 3s comp, used to be the free points of the competition.

Is it more funding? A lucky few years of good footy? A change in Master In Charge? Headmaster philosophy? Strength and Conditioning? Coaching? I am genuinely baffled of where this good fortune has come from.
Part of the solution was definitely the sports facility at north Sydney, world class aswell as the culture of the school shifting towards rugby being the main sport

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Once and for all I hope that people stop referring to age groups success as a useful predictor of Open’s success. This years Joeys yr 12 group was smashed by Newington and Scots in the U13 A’s They smashed them back on successive Saturdays in the 1’s.

Agent

Darby Loudon (17)

I’d say a good bit of everything you mentioned, and a lot of dissatisfaction from many old boys as to the direction the Shore rugby program was headed a few years ago.

Balmain Subbies

Watty Friend (18)
Once and for all I hope that people stop referring to age groups success as a useful predictor of Open’s success. This years Joeys yr 12 group was smashed by Newington and Scots in the U13 A’s They smashed them back on successive Saturdays in the 1’s.
Further proof! Except 16A.....that is the only true predictor ‍♂️ anyone who thinks a strong 13's or even 16s equals to a strong opens doesn't understand GPS rugby

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
There is only one player in that Joeys 13As team in the 1st XV, and one in the 2nds.

Here for the advice

Stan Wickham (3)
Great effort by Kings who were suppose to be a basket case this season. You’ll get’m next round boys !!
Kings 3,12,15 played well against Shore. Such a close game.
Some back and forth kicking duels and plenty of aimless kicking in most opens games today 1XV - 4XV. Must admit great to see some backlines actually passing through the hands and playing what’s in front off broken play at time but too many pre determined back line moves failing from both sets of schools. In open play let the ball move and play what’s in front ! Like why through a cut out when your 12 or 13 has a tired front rower to skip around. Coach’s coach you have kids with hands and speed!

BoysfromtheBxW

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wow what a day of rugby! Looking like a great season. Got down to watch Joeys vs Scots today and Joeys seem to be looking sharp. They are looking like the favourites at the moment. Dissapointed with Scot’s performances so far hopefully they can bounce back soon! I think if Scots start to mould together and start playing as a team they can do big things. Managed to watch the last 15 minutes of Shore vs Kings on streamer and it was a tense finish. Callaghan was looking very good especially for such a small fella. Kings were definitely hungry for the win and it was hard to see on streamer but it looked as though Kings 13 went down and shore quickly took advantage of it and Marshall did a wonderful kick down field to set up the winning try. This season has started with many surprises and we will for sure be in for a cracker!

NedKelly

Peter Burge (5)
I doubt anyone thinks a top 13As means a top Ist XV four years later. Lotta development between 13s & opens, plus kids arriving in yrs 8,9,10 etc., as well as some playing 1s in yrs 10 & 11 and a few backing up for a second crack at yr 12.

15 & 16As a slightly better indicator but even plenty of those won't go on to play 1st XV. Which only goes to underline your point that age groups are not a reliable predictor of opens success.